2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Worried about Relliability
By Family man on 05/24/05 13:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Rendezvous instead of a minivan because of the looks and minivan functionability. In many respects this is an acceptable vehicle. It it definitely underpowered and this shows up in fuel economy in hilly terrain. In a car that is less than three years old, we have had electrical problems that have left us stranded. Since my wife carts our two children in it most of the time, this lapse in reliability is a serious issue for us. The first time the dealer said is was a dead battery. Then, 2,000 miles out of warranty it was the computer ($500 out of pocket). Now, they think it is the ignition switch (around $200). It seems like a systemic problem that GM is not acknowledging.

2002 Buick CXL AWD
By Ralph A. Lia on 04/25/05 19:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a great everyday commuter. It The ergonomics are just right. My biggest dissapointment with the vehicle is that the power is marginal. The 185 Horsepower engine is just adequate. It rolls along smoothly and leisurly. The vehicle will let you know when it has to work hard to pull up a hill. The heads up display should not be an option. The gauges tend to get hard to see during the day. I have not had any problems with fit and finish of the material. I would like to see better materials for a vehicle in this price class.

Can't wait to trade it in
By Wendy on 03/21/05 21:06 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my Aztek for a Rendezvous because I needed more room. I have had the car into the dealership on the average once per month for problems. A/C went at 30,000K and I never use it. Wind noise on driver's side is annoying on long drives, brakes are less than desireable, electrical problems and fuses blowing for no reason are annoying. The vehicle has never left me stranded however the other problems have been annoying and inconvenient. The cheap interior is starting to detriorate. Tires cause wobble on turns and needed to be replaced. Heater motor blew up at 10K. All was under warranty but that does not excuse the inconvenience. Truck has 69K on it and thankfully I have extended coverage.

Very Sorry I Bought this Vehicle
By nbv362 on 03/08/05 16:44 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had many problems with my '02 Rendezvous. Had to replace wheel bearings on both front wheels the first year. Luckily no one was injured while the dealer tried to figure out what the rumbling noise was each time. The heater/AC blower had to be replaced. Now I need all the gaskets replaced before the engine seizes. I will never buy a first year production auto again. The dealer says I should have bought the extended warranty, but the warranty on the Rendezvous is just not long enough.

Rendezvous
By tfsports on 01/29/05 13:23 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have been very happy with this vehicle overall, until it snowed. Previously we owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD. Rendezvous' interior is roomier, has more cargo space, more luxuries, and more comfortable seating.

Bad news
By byeGM on 12/30/04 21:51 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle is comfortable, but we have had nothing but huge repairs bills Bearings in front wheels went out at two different times-huge expense! Computer unit went out on vacation, leaving us stranded. Air conditioning had to be replaced. Back up system stopped working about 6 months in. Had to replace tires and brakes way before the time with most cars Best mileage EVER was 21-we usually get 19 on the highway Insult to injury-we're trying to trade it in now and are being offered only $8000-$9000 for a car listed at $35 thousand when we purchased.

Best SUV for the money
By Craig on 12/18/04 12:02 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had an audience, as I rolled my new 36" flat screen up to the back of my Buick. No one thought it was going in! We rolled the huge box, and slid it in, ALL the way, and closed the hatch! Try that with ANY SUV this nice, priced under $28K brand new. It won't happen. - The sight lines, the great engine performance, and 22.5 MPG for the first 50K that we've driven it, are unmatched with anuthing else we've looked at. - We were the first ones in our town to own one, now there are HUNDREDS! The fact that SO MANY other SUV's came out with room for 7, AFTER they saw how these sold, tells you a lot.

Money pit of a car!!
By cpc0716 on 11/29/04 21:01 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in 5/02 and the car was reliable until about 25K. After that everything went down hill. Consistent electrical problems where all the lights inside and out go out for 15 sec. Windshield cracked when turning on heat on cold day, 36K. Windshield needed to be replaced $500. Dealership said there was no trauma but would not replace. Windshield wipers collapsed while driving in pouring rain on 95. Ignition switch "shot". Computer board panel needs to be replaced...should I go on? AC does not work. Mileage is poor, handling is poor. Major blind spots. GM is not helpful at all at addressing these issues. Paid 28000, 6K miles. Still owe 17K, worth MAYBE 10K!!!!

Good car
By carfan101 on 09/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for one year and I really like it. It needs more power and better fuel economey. I would reccomend it. I really like all the storage it makes it very easy to travel in. The third row seat is a big plus.

swexperience
By swexperience on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have thoroughly enjoyed driving this vehicle over the last 2 years. Handling and Fuel economy are better than I expected. Pleasure to drive and like all of the storage room. Plan to buy another one (to replace the one I'm in)in the next couple of months