Used 2002 Buick Rendezvous CX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Still going
By rendezastek

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2002 Rendezvous for 6 years now. I bought the car for $6,500. in 2007 and up till a year ago hardly had an issue. Last year I did do some engine work and this year replaced the transmission. The transmission was due to a solenoid. This is a common flaw in these transmissions. Other than that hardly any repairs. I did also replace the wheel bearings this year. Hoping to get another few years out of it.

LUCKY (I GUESS)
By erickadam

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It has been a pleasurable 3 years; I bought this car at a buy here pay here lot with 99000 miles on it, and it has been great. NO PROBLEMS, jus the usual breaks, oil change, and tires (which could get expensive). If I were to say something negative I would probably tell you that it is a gas consumer. Car has no problems, but as some of the reviews here I guess I'm a lucky one. GREAT CAR!!!!

Favorite Features

Favorite Features woutld be the confort smoth riding. Confortable for my wife and two kids.

Suggested Improvements

Suggested Improvements after 3 years driving it I would suggest better millage for your gas

Don't buy!
By Lindalmom

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My daughter bought this car and it has been nothing but problems - first the antilock brake sytem went and could'nt be fixed - even by 3 different mechanics. Air conditioning went. Many service problems then last week it over heated and she pulled off the highway to let it cool down - It had to be towed and the head gaskets need to be replaced - Greenwood Chevy (Youngstown, Ohio) dealer says $1800 to replace - The car is money pit and is only worth about $2300. I would never buy another GM product again! ( Nor will she) If I ever buy American again it will be a Ford; but we're leaning towards Honda!

Favorite Features

head room

Suggested Improvements

recall these poor models and APOLOGIZE!

THE GAS
By ladygaga4721

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

ok i loved this car my sister has it not me but i know mutch about it ok so shes had it for 2 years and she hates it!!!!! ill tell you what needs to be improved below

Favorite Features

radio

Suggested Improvements

ok so like it is a gas guzzler!!!!!!!!! big time and the parts are very cheap my sisters window broke 3 times on all the windows so tape is holding up the back windows ok and it camer with missing parts and i just hate it!!!! my whole family dose

Like repair bills?
By Darlene

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this car BUT have had SO many repair problems. Let's see, wheel bearings, brakes, air conditioning twice and "3" Yes I said three manifold gaskets! Now I just had to have a head gasket replaced and Oh, the gas gauge does not work and I cannot afford to have them pull the gas tank and fix it! Has anyone had any luck with help from Buick?

Favorite Features

It is fun to drive and easy to get in and out of.

Suggested Improvements

Buick should help us with the repairs on things they know about that have been problems.