Used 2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Nice family car
By jimk1500

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 Buick RDZ CXL near 80K miles for $5,500. So far the only significant maintenance that I have had to perform is replacing an expensive sensor in the rear dif. that enabled AWD ($650). Ouch! But no problems otherwise. Nice luxury features for the money. Will probably be switching air ride shocks for stock shocks because the air pump is going, but its just routine care. Not crazy about the lack of power, but it makes me drive slower (my wife is happier). Handled very well in the winter. Surprised that I don't need my truck every time I go to Lowes. Service Records did show that previous owner had trouble with intake. Not my dream car, but a nice cheap drive so far.

Leather heated seats, roomy and comfy for big guys, CXL electronic package is nice, AC rocks, cargo space is ample. Gas mileage is pretty good for a 6 cyl. I love the memory seats!

No point in suggesting improvements since they discontinued the car in 2007. ;)

Still going
By rendezastek

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2002 Rendezvous for 6 years now. I bought the car for $6,500. in 2007 and up till a year ago hardly had an issue. Last year I did do some engine work and this year replaced the transmission. The transmission was due to a solenoid. This is a common flaw in these transmissions. Other than that hardly any repairs. I did also replace the wheel bearings this year. Hoping to get another few years out of it.

LUCKY (I GUESS)
By erickadam

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It has been a pleasurable 3 years; I bought this car at a buy here pay here lot with 99000 miles on it, and it has been great. NO PROBLEMS, jus the usual breaks, oil change, and tires (which could get expensive). If I were to say something negative I would probably tell you that it is a gas consumer. Car has no problems, but as some of the reviews here I guess I'm a lucky one. GREAT CAR!!!!

Favorite Features woutld be the confort smoth riding. Confortable for my wife and two kids.

Suggested Improvements after 3 years driving it I would suggest better millage for your gas

dont make this mistake
By jwebb5

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

bought used. WORSE car EVER! first transmission went out, cost close to 2 grand to fix, then over heated due to a leak in the coolant system, blew an intake gasket costing another wad of money, then the AC went out, AWD and antilock break system went out, replaced thermostat three times, and now has a blown head gasket! been in the shop more than it has been driven. Still paying payment :(

roomy

this car is horrible! everything, only thing i wouldn't change is seating

Very happy with this car.
By ssarason

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car new in Dec 2001. We have done regular maintanence. The car now have over 195,000 miles and is still great to drive. There were a few early repairs done under warrenty, but we have had few problems with the car. Just the unual, tires, brakes, shocks, regular oil changes, etc. I love driving the car. It is very comfortable. Even though the car in nearly 10 years old, many people thing is is still fairly new. They are always surprised to find out it is a 2002. So far the car has been very reliable. I was hoping to see more positive reviews of the car. I can only think that those cars that have been a problem were not properly maintained. We are very happy with ours.

I love the adjustable seat with memory, the heated seats in the winter, the sun roof. We live where it snows in far North Calif. and the AWD has come in very handy. I also like that the car can seat 7, we have grandchildren and we sometimes need more than just a 5 passenger car. I like the upgraded look of the car with the leather seats, 6 changer CD, head phones for the grandkids. It has been a great car for us.

I really don't have any, except maybe a built in DVD player for the grandkids. The newer ones may have this.