2002 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Still going
By rendezastek on 03/13/13 18:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2002 Rendezvous for 6 years now. I bought the car for $6,500. in 2007 and up till a year ago hardly had an issue. Last year I did do some engine work and this year replaced the transmission. The transmission was due to a solenoid. This is a common flaw in these transmissions. Other than that hardly any repairs. I did also replace the wheel bearings this year. Hoping to get another few years out of it.

LUCKY (I GUESS)
By erickadam on 02/18/12 23:06 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It has been a pleasurable 3 years; I bought this car at a buy here pay here lot with 99000 miles on it, and it has been great. NO PROBLEMS, jus the usual breaks, oil change, and tires (which could get expensive). If I were to say something negative I would probably tell you that it is a gas consumer. Car has no problems, but as some of the reviews here I guess I'm a lucky one. GREAT CAR!!!!

Don't buy!
By Lindalmom on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My daughter bought this car and it has been nothing but problems - first the antilock brake sytem went and could'nt be fixed - even by 3 different mechanics. Air conditioning went. Many service problems then last week it over heated and she pulled off the highway to let it cool down - It had to be towed and the head gaskets need to be replaced - Greenwood Chevy (Youngstown, Ohio) dealer says $1800 to replace - The car is money pit and is only worth about $2300. I would never buy another GM product again! ( Nor will she) If I ever buy American again it will be a Ford; but we're leaning towards Honda!

THE GAS
By ladygaga4721 on 05/07/10 17:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

ok i loved this car my sister has it not me but i know mutch about it ok so shes had it for 2 years and she hates it!!!!! ill tell you what needs to be improved below

Like repair bills?
By Darlene on 03/06/10 10:37 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this car BUT have had SO many repair problems. Let's see, wheel bearings, brakes, air conditioning twice and "3" Yes I said three manifold gaskets! Now I just had to have a head gasket replaced and Oh, the gas gauge does not work and I cannot afford to have them pull the gas tank and fix it! Has anyone had any luck with help from Buick?

ORIGINAL MONEY PIT
By mommamia on 03/29/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this used in nov 2005 without researching it. BIG MISTAKE! Thankfully, I bought the extended warranty. I have had everything replaced that everyone who owns this car has, A/c condenser, etc. I took the car for a routine oil change (not at dealer) and he pointed out a "lower intake valve" problem, to which the dealer said "no problem with it." I definitely got my money's worth with the warranty, but now that it's expired I'm having problems with my ABS system, computer, and rear suspension knuckle. Parts and labor? $1800! I owe 2 1/2 more years on this pile...and the Kelley is ABSOLUTELY AWFUL! It's worth 1400-3600 trade in. Pitiful...do not buy this car.

Buick bombed on the Rendezvous
By Greg Katzke on 12/24/08 13:35 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The worst vehicle I have ever owned. In 11 months the trasmision,air conditioning, fuel pump, body control module and the oxygen sensor has all needed work. With the total bills costing well over 5,000 dollars. All I can think is 3 more years until it's paid for. Don't buy one of these vehicles unless you're buying mine (it's almost new again).

Too costly to repair!
By 2002 Rendezvous on 10/01/08 09:38 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Buick used with 17,000 miles on it. I have had all the bearings replaced. And the air conditioner condenser replaced twice in two years. The brakes do not last and other stuff I can't remember. The glove compartment hinge broke and they wanted the whole glove box replaced. The windshield fluid freezes up when it gets below zero even though I used special winter fluid. Now the service engine light is on and it won't pass the EPA check, so I have to trade it or buy a new sensor at $400 +. My next car will be a Toyota, Honda or some other reliable car that my friends rave about. I can no longer afford to "buy American" Are you listening, GM?

Rendezvous Has Mechanical Defects
By Kathlyn Garcee on 02/25/08 18:46 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I loved the vehicle, and still do with the exception of major problems occurring at 51,000 miles. Needed intake manifold gasket replaced as well as new head gaskets. $1,680. Then 2 days later found a crack in the A/C condenser. Condenser needed to be replaced. GM finally paid the cost of the condenser ($400+/-) and we paid the labor ($423). Even though other Rendezvous' were having manifold gasket and head gasket problems they refused to help us with the repair costs. 51,000 miles is to early to have these types of problems. I do like the interior design and feel when driving this vehicle. Due to the mechanical defects, I would not recommend anyone purchase this vehicle.

Finally Buick makes a vehicle worth it's
By Vandilizer on 02/07/08 14:24 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent SUV it fits everywhere, it very fuel efficient, and the rear door opens up so you can really stuff the hell out of the back. love taking it out for long weekend gateways. I look forward to keeping the SUV for 8 years so I still a year and a half to go. So I think I will upgrade to the Enclave. Since I am really impressed with Buick.