2002 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Nice family car
By jimk1500 on 07/09/13 08:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 Buick RDZ CXL near 80K miles for $5,500. So far the only significant maintenance that I have had to perform is replacing an expensive sensor in the rear dif. that enabled AWD ($650). Ouch! But no problems otherwise. Nice luxury features for the money. Will probably be switching air ride shocks for stock shocks because the air pump is going, but its just routine care. Not crazy about the lack of power, but it makes me drive slower (my wife is happier). Handled very well in the winter. Surprised that I don't need my truck every time I go to Lowes. Service Records did show that previous owner had trouble with intake. Not my dream car, but a nice cheap drive so far.

Still going
By rendezastek on 03/13/13 18:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2002 Rendezvous for 6 years now. I bought the car for $6,500. in 2007 and up till a year ago hardly had an issue. Last year I did do some engine work and this year replaced the transmission. The transmission was due to a solenoid. This is a common flaw in these transmissions. Other than that hardly any repairs. I did also replace the wheel bearings this year. Hoping to get another few years out of it.

LUCKY (I GUESS)
By erickadam on 02/18/12 23:06 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It has been a pleasurable 3 years; I bought this car at a buy here pay here lot with 99000 miles on it, and it has been great. NO PROBLEMS, jus the usual breaks, oil change, and tires (which could get expensive). If I were to say something negative I would probably tell you that it is a gas consumer. Car has no problems, but as some of the reviews here I guess I'm a lucky one. GREAT CAR!!!!

dont make this mistake
By jwebb5 on 01/03/12 20:16 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

bought used. WORSE car EVER! first transmission went out, cost close to 2 grand to fix, then over heated due to a leak in the coolant system, blew an intake gasket costing another wad of money, then the AC went out, AWD and antilock break system went out, replaced thermostat three times, and now has a blown head gasket! been in the shop more than it has been driven. Still paying payment :(

Very happy with this car.
By ssarason on 10/02/11 15:25 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car new in Dec 2001. We have done regular maintanence. The car now have over 195,000 miles and is still great to drive. There were a few early repairs done under warrenty, but we have had few problems with the car. Just the unual, tires, brakes, shocks, regular oil changes, etc. I love driving the car. It is very comfortable. Even though the car in nearly 10 years old, many people thing is is still fairly new. They are always surprised to find out it is a 2002. So far the car has been very reliable. I was hoping to see more positive reviews of the car. I can only think that those cars that have been a problem were not properly maintained. We are very happy with ours.

A Mistake
By jerezaa on 04/12/11 16:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used but shouldn't have, Luckily I got the extended warranty because 2 months later the transmission went out (While crossing the Bay Bridge into San Francisco- what an adventure!) Took a month to fix. No trouble for a while but then the something computer module which controls nearly everything went and it overheated. Spent tons of money to replace heads and the dealer (Covert Buick in Austin TX) and apparently they did not fix correctly. It's back in the shop after having it back for only 2 weeks. I should have just bought another car. The car is comfortable and I like driving it but it is the second worst car I've ever owned (The first worst was a Renault LeCar) Don't buy it!

Don't buy!
By Lindalmom on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My daughter bought this car and it has been nothing but problems - first the antilock brake sytem went and could'nt be fixed - even by 3 different mechanics. Air conditioning went. Many service problems then last week it over heated and she pulled off the highway to let it cool down - It had to be towed and the head gaskets need to be replaced - Greenwood Chevy (Youngstown, Ohio) dealer says $1800 to replace - The car is money pit and is only worth about $2300. I would never buy another GM product again! ( Nor will she) If I ever buy American again it will be a Ford; but we're leaning towards Honda!

My worst car Ever!!!!
By Worst vehicle ever on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This by far has been the worst car I have ever purchased. I constantly have overheating issues. Replaced expensive Head gasket.And now my engine needs to be replaced!! Every other month I've had some type of problem with this car and the repairs are not cheap.dont recommend this car to anyone, I am a mother of four kids, the best feature or this car was the seating capacity. Very unreliable car. I havn't owned this car for a full year and I've already spent way too much money for repairs.

Must have bought the right one!
By Jon on 08/22/10 12:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased from a processional 1 owner couple @93k Fully loaded with tow package which was never used until me. I haul my lawn mower and a ton of pellets in Maine hills and windy roads. Only repairs where new brake pads and rotors. and rear self adjusting shocks which cost me $600 installed at a gm dealer. Much nicer then my Jeep grand Cherokee and Chevy Blazer and way nicer then any explorer ever made! gas mileage isn't bad about 18-22 cd player 6 disc didn't work when I purchased it. Time for a new odyssey though hope it sells fast it should the condition is nice and it has all the whistles. i am going to miss the heads up and heated seats!

THE GAS
By ladygaga4721 on 05/07/10 17:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

ok i loved this car my sister has it not me but i know mutch about it ok so shes had it for 2 years and she hates it!!!!! ill tell you what needs to be improved below