2015 Buick Regal Sedan Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

2015 Buick Regal
By CARLOS LOPEZ

2015 Buick Regal Sedan Premium I 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car and turns heads. 1st American built car I've owned in years. Great acceleration on the 4 cylinder turbo.

2015 Buick Regal Prem 2 AWD
By Rick Cuneo

2015 Buick Regal Sedan Premium II 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Look for a certified or slightly used with a couple miles. I just purchased a 2015 Regal Premium II AWD with 1,600 miles on it and saved a lot. The savings made it a great deal on a great car. Full price there would be as good or maybe better choices. It is a very fun car to drive with a lot of nice and useful options. I would recommend this car! Glad I purchased and am sure it will last and be a great car to drive for a long time.

4700 Miles in a Nine Days
By John S.

2015 Buick Regal Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

That's how many days and miles my wife and I spent in this rental car. Overall, the Regal was powerful, very quiet, and comfortable on the road, with good storage space. We averaged about 30 mpg overall, even getting 27 while going 83 mph through the West. All is not well, however. The shiny chrome on the gear shift lever can shine in your eyes badly enough to be a safety hazard. The infotainment system was "okay" but the controls are poor. Particularly irritating was the fact that every single time (!) you'd turn on the ignition, it would "automatically" (but not wanted) start to play either (a) Bluetooth songs from my wife's phone or (b) songs from the USB flash drive that I brought along. Of course it was our own music, but we want to control when we play it, not the car.

Underrated Sedan
By TD Heald

2015 Buick Regal Sedan Premium II 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned this car for 8 months and love it. It is very underrated by reviewers. My Buick Regal is a 2015, Premium II with some added features like sunroof. This car has outstanding acceleration while achieving overall 26 MPG. Driving comfort is fantastic with the most comfortable seats. Controls are well placed. I saw reviews mentioning the window button placement and heated seat buttons, these are overstated complaints and are non-issues. This car is sporty with the patented Buick smooth ride. Great road feel but with top of the line ride comfort. The car appearance is understated and classy. I love the front end grill. This car has all the bells and whistles you can ask for. Standard bumper to bumper warranty of 4 years, 48,000 miles. Buick dealer service is outstanding. When purchasing, dealer was willing to work with me on price. Excellent value. If you are looking for a quality mid size vehicle, you cannot go wrong. Compare to the overpriced BMW, Audi, Acura, Infinity, Lexus and you will appreciate the quality and value of the Buick.

Good Car, but some Disappointments
By Karina Espinoza

2015 Buick Regal Sedan Premium II 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I'm about 8,000 miles into my 2015 Buick Regal (Premium II) class and I've had it for about 7 months now. It drives really well and feels comfortable enough behind the wheel; However the interior has a few problems. In order for me to access the window/lock buttons I have to contort my body a bit and bend my arm considerably (I'm 6' 1"), it's not natural. Also, for me to access the storage console in the center, I have to reach back and put my body and arm in an awkward and uncomfortable position to open it... Basically, should not do this while driving as it can be dangerous. My other cars allowed my arms to comfortably go off the steering wheel and to the window switch with ease rather than have to start bending and contorting... Same with the center storage console.

Visibility while backing up and changing lanes is not so good. You really have to depend on the camera; However, the camera in my vehicle is too bright during the day and has poor detail, so it's not very reliable.

Finally, the "Infotainment" console has had some glitches in just the 7 months, which makes me feel it's just a matter of time before something goes bad:
1) Within 3 Months the temperature gauge stopped working consistently... it takes about 10 minutes to start gauging the right temperature outside.
2) twice I've entered my car to a loud buzzing sound that stopped once I turned the vehicle on.
3) twice I've pressed my ignition button and the car wouldn't wouldn't start (as if the battery was dying).
4) Several times when I've turned my vehicle on, the console has "glitches out" shut off and then turned back on.
5) Once, after reversing and going into drive, the parking camera stayed on for the entire time I was driving and never switched back to my radio/console view.
6) Many times I've adjusted the volume and it switched my radio channel instead.

I took it in once for a minor issue and told them about the issues and they said there was nothing they could really do about it yet.