Great car, short lived as it didn't fit my needs.
By marbs34 on
2013 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I bought a 2013 Regal GS in March of 2013. the driving dynamics are awesome, the car handles all kinds of curves and road conditions excellently. I honestly think GM should use the Hy-per-Strut in more vehicles as it gives you confidence, traction and very minimal torque steer. The car was wonderful, it took care of my pregnant wife, drove across country 3600 miles in the summer averaging 27 mpg for the trip, (great while cruising 75-80 mph) and still had plenty of power for passing when needed.
Favorite Features
The seats, and steering wheel were my absolute favorite things about this car. the seats in the GS are different sport seats and while initially very firm the gave perfect support while driving, the adjust ability was astounding, 8 way for the seats and 4 way lumbar too. The steering wheel, was just right, giving me lots of grip, with premium feel to the leather, and the electronics controls were the best I've ever experienced. The toggles were positive in feel, and gave good feedback so you weren't left wondering if your control input was received or not. The engine and auto transmission were excellent, very refined feel, w/o a huge boost surge allowed for smooth driving and + power.
Suggested Improvements
I guess the 2014 DI engine is supposed to be much better. I'd like to drive them back to back. Since they now offer AWD on 2014's the GS specific exhaust is gone. You won't get the same sound, but maybe mileage will get slightly better. all the same, i traded mine in when my baby came and there wasn't enough room for my 6'3" frame to drive more than 30 minutes with a rear facing car seat in the back. My wife who is 5'10" was fine but it was too cramped for me. i loved it, but I couldn't see this as a very productive family car unless everyone in your family is under 6 ft. There is plenty of room in the trunk of non e-assist models, but the back seat is another story...