Used 2013 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Comfortable, Sleek, and elegant
By Kassem Ismail

2013 Buick Regal 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

To start off, I would certainly like to say that for the money, Buick has done a marvelous job in owning up to the word luxury in this model. The seats hug you to eventually offer a simple release. The layout of the interior really makes up for the slight flaws found in the car. This would be my 3rd vehicle and previous owner to a Chevy HHR. The good definitely outweighs the bad with this car. The bad: one of the many terrible reviews on this car is the shiny chrome cover surrounding the gear shifter. Be careful, because at a stop light or pulling through a drive through a bright white reflection may beam you right in both eyes, causing you to cover your eyes (with dark window tints, not so much of the sun makes it into the car which is not so bad). I am 5'8" and about 190lbs (I'm not too big of a guy), but getting into the car, sometimes I knock right into the lower part of the dash. Because I put my right foot in first and proceed to sit down, is maybe the tale tell sign of getting in the car wrong? But I tell you, if forgotten about, it can hurt like hell getting into the car. The acceleration has a bit of resistance also. Given that the car has adapted the eAssist concept of efficiency over power, I would say that its not a deal breaker. At times the media center in the dash can freeze/run slow/display the wrong information (which again, is not a deal breaker because it has happened maybe 5 times out of owning the car for 7 months). Of course not having much trunk space is a downfall. The battery from the eAssist takes up a quarter of the trunk which doesn't play out too well if you like to store lots of tire size objects in your trunk. The rear seats still fold down so that is a positive outlook on it. Speaking of seats, some of the threads are coming out of the leather in the back of the drivers seat, which has me baffled because neither I or the owner before are big guys. The pieces of leather are literally separating, giving a view of about 3 cm wide into the darkness of the inside of the seat. Also the matte material on the door panel (covering window switches and pieces on the steering wheel) have began to chip. I'm not sure what the previous owner did to start it, but it is not pleasing to the eye. The matte material is brown and under is black. So it really looks like the car is cheap when looked at closely. Luckily it does not flake up but only get bigger when scratched (which I assure you, will be kept to an absolute minimal). I am now done nit-picking every issue I have with the car. Honestly, isn't that much. Which is why I rated the car a 5* overall. All issues of mine are cosmetic (other than lack of acceleration, if I wanted power, I would've gotten a Dodge Challenger). I enjoy taking my Regal on a short drive to the grocery store or even hours away to a nearby city. The Regal hasn't failed me so far and has managed to slightly surpass my own first impression/standards of the car. I look forward for years to come with her.

advise
By Joanne Westley

2013 Buick Regal Premium 1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Do the research.

What a joy
By Grant

2013 Buick Regal Premium 3 Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I own the Buick Regal Premium III and enjoy driving the vehicle. The 2.0 Turbo provides power when you need it. I get 20 MPG around town and 30 Mpg on the highway. The handling is outstanding not like the old Buick;s that had the soft ride but handled like a brick. I have owned Buick's over the years and this 2013 Regal is so much nicer to drive. It has the feeling of a sports car I have owned both a Mustang and Camero and I prefer the Regal over both of them.

Great car, short lived as it didn't fit my needs.
By marbs34

2013 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a 2013 Regal GS in March of 2013.
the driving dynamics are awesome, the car handles all kinds of curves and road conditions excellently.
I honestly think GM should use the Hy-per-Strut in more vehicles as it gives you confidence, traction and very minimal torque steer.

The car was wonderful, it took care of my pregnant wife, drove across country 3600 miles in the summer averaging 27 mpg for the trip, (great while cruising 75-80 mph)

and still had plenty of power for passing when needed.

The seats, and steering wheel were my absolute favorite things about this car. the seats in the GS are different sport seats and while initially very firm the gave perfect support while driving, the adjust ability was astounding, 8 way for the seats and 4 way lumbar too. The steering wheel, was just right, giving me lots of grip, with premium feel to the leather, and the electronics controls were the best I've ever experienced. The toggles were positive in feel, and gave good feedback so you weren't left wondering if your control input was received or not. The engine and auto transmission were excellent, very refined feel, w/o a huge boost surge allowed for smooth driving and + power.

I guess the 2014 DI engine is supposed to be much better. I'd like to drive them back to back. Since they now offer AWD on 2014's the GS specific exhaust is gone. You won't get the same sound, but maybe mileage will get slightly better. all the same, i traded mine in when my baby came and there wasn't enough room for my 6'3" frame to drive more than 30 minutes with a rear facing car seat in the back. My wife who is 5'10" was fine but it was too cramped for me. i loved it, but I couldn't see this as a very productive family car unless everyone in your family is under 6 ft. There is plenty of room in the trunk of non e-assist models, but the back seat is another story...

This is an under rated car
By richardpb

2013 Buick Regal Premium 2 Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After looking for several months, I finally decided to lease a 2013 Buick Regal Turbo Premium 2.
Need HID headlights and the Premium 2 trim level was required.
I researched and drove the Honda Accord Touring, Ford Fusion, Malibu 2LTZ, BMW 3 series, MB C 250, Kia Optima, and the Nissan Altima.
The Buick Regal surpassed all of them in comfort, features, ride quality, build quality, handling, luxury, and especially quietness.
A quiet comfortable car is paramount for me and the Buick Regal provides that at a reasonable price point.
I am completely impressed with this car.
Traded in my Cadillac DeVille, known for comfort and quiet, and have not regretted my decision.
The Regal is great.

Size, handling, smooth ride, comfort, quiet, HID headlights, easy to use Infotainment System, and wrapped up in a very classy package. As it is a turbo charged 4 cylinder engine, it has plenty of power for me. This car is not a slacker on the highway.

This is a small luxury car and should have memory seats. Other than that, it is perfect.