What a Surprise!
By car_man4 on
2012 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
The Buick Regal GS combines perfect blend of luxury and performance in a car. This car makes me look forward to my 1.5 hour commute each way to work. The adjustable suspension between Comfort, Sport, and GS mode make each drive a new experience. This car may not have the "Grand National" engine, but the turbo 4 cylinder with 270 hp with the automatic transmission provides the feeling of endlessly smooth quickness. This car will get away from you quickly. This is the first "American" car that I have had that actual feels like a "German" car. I think GM has a winner in this car. Because these are limited this year, it feels nice being the only one on road with a unique car.
Favorite Features
The technology for the price is unbeatable - LED running lights, HIDs, Integrated Console, power everything, iPhone integration, weather reports, traffic reports, On-Star, remote start, push button start, the list goes on and on. The suspension is incredible - The comfortable and soft ride in Comfort mode was truly unexpected on the 20 inch rims and low profile tires. And with one push of the GS mode, not only does the dash background lighting change from blue to a lighting white but the car has a completely different personality. Did I mention the brakes.. I am seeing in the upwards of 33 MPG on the highway,; which I could not get that in my VW GTI which weight almost 1000 lbs less.
Suggested Improvements
Few little comfort things: express down/up on all windows just not the front; a rear view camera, blind spot indicators, fog lights, and memory seats. GM whatever you do, do not change the styling of the car. I have only had the car for a week, and you would not believe the amount of head turning this car gets. This car has almost caused two accidents because other drivers are looking at the car trying to figure out what it is and not watching the road. And looking out the my office window and I have spotted people just admiring the car on their lunch break.