Doesn't stand for "Granddad's Slowpoke"
By saegc7 on
2012 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
While this isn't a GNX or T-Type of the late 80's, this Buick ROCKS! The 2.0L engine is suprisingly powerful. It doesn't knock your head back with mad torque; instead the power builds quickly and will get away from you fast if you're not careful. I average 30-34 mpg daily and have a 17 mile commute to work which 14 is highway. I get away with midgrade fuel and get better gas mileage than with premium. I would do better if I could get away from the ethanol gas stations. The seats are very comfortable and visibility is great out the windshield. The rear view, is a different story. The rake needs a greater angle or a rear view backup camera. Overall, a great sporty car with decent power.
Favorite Features
Sport and GS mode, the nice shifting 6 speed manual, the looks/compliments I get when I tell people it's a Buick. The grip on this car is amazing when equipped with the optional 20's. Switch to GS mode with said "dubs" and you have a car which corners on rails. I have routinely taken a cloverleaf entry/exit at 55mph without any squeal from the tires. Although I am 43, I have surprised many younger rice rocket drivers with the "ol folks' car."
Suggested Improvements
Rear backup camera, rear LED brake lamps, better tires. (the Pirelli's only have a wear rating of 220 and cost $415 apiece to replace)