Used 2012 Buick Regal Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

2012 Buick Regal Sedan

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

I grade it a B+
By grandcentral

2012 Buick Regal Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I'm about to wrap up my 24-month lease. For the most part, I'm happy. What they say about this Regal (nee Opel Insignia) being unlike Buicks of lore is true. Handling is precise, ride is firm (in a good way), interior design is clean, all very European. And it looks fantastic, especially with the 18" or 19" rims. Content is good too, for the price. Now, the issues: first, the mileage for the eAssist hybrid I have is WAY overstated - I drive 70% highway and never get more than 24 MPGs. Lack of power and harshness in non-Turbo engines is noticable. Quality control still has a way to go, e.g. paint flaws & loose trim. If I had gotten the turbo or GS, I'd rate it a solid A. With the hybrid, B+.

GM has no concern for quality
By gwsf

2012 Buick Regal Sedan Premium 2 Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great driving, comfortable car with loads of features. Problem is the lack of quality control at the production plant. Car came with some minor paint imperfections, side mirror and window molding installed incorrectly, and not to mention the front fender and trunk lid having large gaps. GM did have the dealer,Todd Wenzel Buick repair the paint and the window molding. I now have a new car that has mis-matched paint, tape lines and sanding marks that can be seen through the paint, expected and was promised better. Three trips to the body shop and hours on the phone, car still looks like a terrible. GM is not interested in quality at this point and are unwilling to stand behind their product!

Favorite Features

Harmon Kardon audio is great, must be they have high quality standards unlike the cars their product is used in.

Suggested Improvements

GM should actually take pride in the vehicles they produce and stand behind them, that is how you maintain a customer base. A new car warranty is useless if the company will not honor it or hold their repair shops accountable for poor repairs. I was told by GM not to expect the quality of a 200k vehicle for 35k, really? I would expect a 35k car to have matching paint and body panels the are aligned properly, maybe that's to much? Cannot see myself buying GM again, company nor the dealer will stand behind their product.

Buick Regal Eassist - Great car so far
By whittonm

2012 Buick Regal Sedan Premium 2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have owned this car for 2 months and can report that it does meet the gas mileage specs if you are light on the gas pedal. In addition, the interior is very nicely done, the climate control is excellent, and the seats are great. Exterior styling is also excellent, with many positive comments. I bought this car becauseI could not find a Lexus, Acura, or similar with good styling, good mileage, and a reasonable price.

Favorite Features

- Mileage - Interior styling - Exterior styling - climate control - seats - Onstar

Suggested Improvements

- Move the battery pack in the trunk to provide more room for luggage - SiriusXM traffic seems to be of minimal use, only covers main roads and provides minimal info - add button to open trunk inside