2012 Buick Regal GS 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2012 Buick Regal GS - Consumer Reviews

GS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

GS 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (17 reviews )
Needs AWD, and better Infotainment controls
By sa_greg on 01/02/15 11:52 AM (PST)

2012 Buick Regal GS GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Love the exterior looks and wheels. I chose this over an Audi A4 Avant Quattro (wagon). My choice was based on (#1.) cheaper oil changes and overall maintenance costs vs. Audi's $250 oil changes, (#2.) more horsepower/torque over Audi, (#3.) more aggressive look than Audi, and (#4) Not too many GS models on the road = kind of exclusive. Love the car but sacrificed the pre-requisite of an All-Wheel-Drive car (Audi) for the horsepower / looks in the GS. The almost uncontrollable torque steer is annoying & almost embarrassing when you want to stomp on the gas. Also, very upset that I can't stream Pandora to Samsung Galaxy S5. Have to resort to using Aux input. Cheap interior materials.

First American Branded car in 35 years
By jbgcrs on 08/21/14 19:50 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick Regal GS GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have driven Japanese and German cars with my last being a 2005 C230 Kompressor Sport 4 dr 6spd manual.I followed the GS from the moment the car was announced. Found my 2012 with 4500 miles and a 6spd. Wow! Loaded, this is one of the best cars I have owned. Fun to drive, great head turner and reliable. With over 30k on it the car still feels like it did at 4500. I live in a world filled with 3 series Bimmers and C300 Benzes and I love the exclusivity of owning this car. Amazes me how many young under 30 year olds love this car. Buick got it right and I hope they improve upon this great car

A good effort but flawed
By smerdyakov on 03/19/14 08:31 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick Regal GS GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded a 2011 Audi A4 for this car. At first I liked the Buick much better, but, as time went on, problems made themselves evident. The engine was quite powerful but, in spite of the much-hyped HyPer strut front suspension, torque steer was very pronounced under hard acceleration. In addition, the driver's seat, although comfortable on short jaunts, became a source of torture on long highway runs. The bottom bolsters seemed to be too tight, causing intense hip pain. In addition, the three driving modes (normal, Sport and GS) seemed to have little effect on performance, although the letter did stiffen the suspension significantly. The controls also feature a plethora of pushbuttons.

Fun car from a horrible manufacture
By miami5 on 12/24/13 20:11 PM (PST)

2012 Buick Regal GS GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is a blast to drive and turns heads everywhere. However the service experience at the dealership is horrible. Furthermore Buick Customer Service is a complete waste of resources. My car was in the shop 4 times for the turbo going out, once to have both axils replaced, once it left me stranded because the battery cables fried, once because the radiator ruptured, once because the windshield washer blew, once because all the brake lights went out and once for the center council and sun visors braking. Half of all these problems occurred within my first two months of ownership. My car spent over 30 days in the shop during my first year and GM never offered restitution.

Doesn't stand for "Granddad's Slowpoke"
By saegc7 on 07/11/13 15:05 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick Regal GS GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

While this isn't a GNX or T-Type of the late 80's, this Buick ROCKS! The 2.0L engine is suprisingly powerful. It doesn't knock your head back with mad torque; instead the power builds quickly and will get away from you fast if you're not careful. I average 30-34 mpg daily and have a 17 mile commute to work which 14 is highway. I get away with midgrade fuel and get better gas mileage than with premium. I would do better if I could get away from the ethanol gas stations. The seats are very comfortable and visibility is great out the windshield. The rear view, is a different story. The rake needs a greater angle or a rear view backup camera. Overall, a great sporty car with decent power.

GS my dad would love
By rodmunch1 on 12/30/12 21:26 PM (PST)

2012 Buick Regal GS GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

traded my 2012 lacrosse tour ed. for the GS. half my friends said i was nuts. the car guys, though, get it. the lax. was great and i miss the extras but the fun factor is now off the charts. the sport mode make shifts as fast as you would expect for a non sports car. brakes and suspension in sp. mode also react instantly. i still haven't figured out what the GS mode does. the ride seems rougher in GS mode than in standard mode. the mall parking lot "GAWK FACTOR" unreal. people really react to this car. every gas station visit someone complements the car. i wish it came with a/s tires instead of summer tires. the reason for not all 5's is the seat is too small for my butt

Nice step up from my Subaru
By classicgeiger on 08/19/12 11:27 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick Regal GS GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wasnt sure that I wanted a Buick for my next car, but had to at least take a look at the GS bc it is a beautiful car. After 1 month of owning the car I love it, handles amazing really gets up and go's when you need it to and is just as nice to sit back and cruise in. Went with all the toys on this, including the 20's. Makes it just that much more of a great car. And the H-K sound system is pretty pretty pretty good. The only reason I didnt give it 5's all the way is bc I have had issues w/ my Navigation and iPod.

Couldn't Be Happier
By kmw8770 on 07/30/12 17:15 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick Regal GS GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First new vehicle. I have been watching this vehicle from the point it was in the prototype stage, and when they entered production I knew I had to get one. White Diamond, 6-Manual, 20's, Brembos, LED/HID Headlamps, Intellilink System, Sunroof. Car is loaded. Has an unbelievable amount of power for a 2.0L and the six speed manual makes it a joy to drive. Not to mention the car handles incredibly and even with the 20's and low profile tires it rides very smooth. Personally I have had a slew of GM cars and those manufactured in Oshawa, ON Canada have always had the nicest paint and most solid build quality; this Regal certainly holds up to that standard. Love this car. Take it for a test!

My favorite car, but...
By db1162 on 07/19/12 15:57 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick Regal GS GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased a Carbon Black Metalic Regal GS Automatic brand new three weeks ago. There are many things that I love about this car and concur with the other reviews. However, there are signficant quality control issues. One week after I got it, the paint is coming off of the driver side door! There are two dime sized paint chips down to the metal on the driver side door. My dealer thinks that it was prepped wrong and it needs repainted. Also, the passenger side door speaker rattles so bad that you can't have any bass on the sound system. This also needs completely repaired. I love this car, but I'm concerned about how it was put together and how it is going to hold up over the years.

#21 is becoming #1
By vtannouncer on 07/07/12 12:36 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick Regal GS GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my license for 21 years, and last week leased my 21st new vehicle - the 2012 Regal GS with 6MT. I had driven both the automatic and the manual a couple of times each before I chose the manual. This is quickly becoming the #1 favorite of all the cars I've owned. The looks are AMAZING, the handling is great, I enjoy the power and performance, and it's very comfortable. I've been in the car business for 10 years, and have my pic of 35 different makes, and I'm very happy with my choice of the 2012 Regal GS.