Form without Function
By coach32 on
2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I recently came out of a Toyota Camry lease and wanted to again join the GM family. I seen the Regal as a good looking alternative. I can safely say this is the biggest car buying mistake of my life. To say that this car is a dog is an understatement. The best I can get for MPH is 20.5 and I consider myself a conservative driver. Passing other cars? Forget about it! Only downhill with a tailwind. An hour in the seat is the most I've ever made it without a break as the lumbar support, even when all the way back, feels like a gun being stuck in my back. Actually, all things considered, that is exactly what this experience has been. Unfortunately, I have 33 months left on the lease. UGH!!!
Favorite Features
I do like the appearance of the Regal. The sound system is much better than the Camry. The automatic heat/AC system is a joke. I live in a cold weather climate and the only time the fan will come on is when I manually turn it up. There just isn't much to like about this car. Don't fall for the good looks. It's the devil in a red dress. I find myself driving my 2005 GMC Sierra with 100,000 miles most of the time as the MPH is about the same and the comfort is enormously better.
Suggested Improvements
They need to keep the skin of this car and start all over with a complete redo of the powertrain and operating systems. I am not easily disgruntled and still have a genuine loyalty to GM. The Camry is the only non-GM I've ever driven. This Regal is not typical of the my GM experiences. I will probably go back to GM at the end of this lease. Hopefully the 39 month lease of this Regal that I am stuck with doesn't convince me otherwise.
By alofa821
on 02/11/13 13:34 PM (PST)

I've had so many problem with the car. I've had the whole Onstar system replaced....lumbar fixed and broke in same day. Power steering pump now. Waiting and waiting for parts. It should take two days to get parts not 3 MONTHS

By whoosierdaddy
on 03/12/12 18:59 PM (PDT)

A test drive would tell you this car is sluggish with the 2.4L, and a little research on the internet would tell you that real-world MPG with the 2.4L is disappointing. Did you do either? The 2.0L Turbo is a better choice for this car.