Used 2011 Buick Regal CXL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2011 Buick Regal Sedan

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

My second Buick is small and has half the cylinders
By my2ndbuick

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I loved my Buick Lucerne with the 8-cylinder engine, it was huge, the ride was like sitting on a sofa, really comfortable, the back seats had space for two huge football players. I sold it after 4 1/2 years being a really reliable car. So I bought another Buick. But the Lucerne was rather big for my garage and I am usually driving alone or with my wife, so I do not need the huge legroom
the back. I wanted a smaller car and lthe Regal looked nicer than the LaCrosse. I also liked that it had firmer seats. And I got a great deal, so I bought it now. I choose the non-turbo version as it is fast enough (my wife has the same engine in her Chevy SUV) and it is more economical.

25 miles per gallon on average city/highway exterior and interior styling great radio with XM 18" tires

Radar to see cars in the blind spot is only available for the LaCrosse, not the Regal.

Better than expected
By newregal

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I now have nearly 700 miles on my new Regal and love everything about it. I'm especially glad that it was made in Germany. They know how to do it. The ride is excellent and the features are outstanding. I traded in a CTS and consider that trade a step up. The blue dash lighting has a soothing effect. It has adequate power and is just plain out fun to drive. I can't think of anything that they could improve on. The exterior styling is cutting edge and the interior is surely REGAL. Thanks Buick for getting it right. Would definitely recommend this automobile.

Has a sound system that is second to none and has top quality sound. The cockpit is very comfortable.

None ! What's not to like?

Excellent Car
By ark2612

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

2 Days into the 2011 Buick Regal CXL with sunroof and I absolutely love the car.
Picked up the black on black model and it's been a head turner.
I've already had 2 strangers compliment the car and were shocked to find out it was a Buick.

It's not the quickest car ever made (by far), but for an around the town type of car mixed in with a few road trips it's very solid.
It's more than made up though with the solid feel of the car.

I guess American companies just have to have their cars designed and built in Germany to put out a winner.

Nice Car
By gdeshields

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded my 2008 Pontiac G8 GT (Lease) for the 2011 Buick Regal (2 weeks ago), big change in power (8 cylinders) to (4 cylinders) but, how often did I really use it.

The BIG win is the car's quiet interior great sound system and gadgets galore Navigation, voice recognition, On Star, Hard Drive (the best--- you can record only the songs you like), and Bluetooth. Each day I find a new toy to play with, I expect to enjoy this car for the next 24 months.

By the way with gas at $3(plus) the mileage and cash savings will be a nice change.

Sound systems and gadgets.

More power (I am not complaining)

11 Regal CXL 4
By opalcat

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 11 CXL Regal replaced my 08 Buick Lacrosse that was the worst car I have ever owned (and there has been many). So far like the Regal but not real happy with the gas mileage 18 would think with a 4 cyl it would get a lot better around town. The acceleration is slower then with a 6 cyl takes getting used too. Not really good in the snow especially in VT this year. Dash board lights reflect on windshield at night also. The on star phone still does not work correctly - tell it one number and it repeats something totally different they really need to work on that.
Compared the Honda accord and the Toyota Corolla to the Regal.
All about the same size just priced more.

Like the design of the car in side and out. Sport look.

Have a trunk release inside the car, adjust the dash instrument panel so it does not reflect on the windshield at night, rise the seat belt latchs so they are not so low to get to to click. Improve the gas mileage for a 4 cyl (18) average around town so far.