Used 2011 Buick Regal CXL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Form without Function
By coach32

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I recently came out of a Toyota Camry lease and wanted to again join the GM family. I seen the Regal as a good looking alternative. I can safely say this is the biggest car buying mistake of my life. To say that this car is a dog is an understatement. The best I can get for MPH is 20.5 and I consider myself a conservative driver. Passing other cars? Forget about it! Only downhill with a tailwind. An hour in the seat is the most I've ever made it without a break as the lumbar support, even when all the way back, feels like a gun being stuck in my back. Actually, all things considered, that is exactly what this experience has been. Unfortunately, I have 33 months left on the lease. UGH!!!

I do like the appearance of the Regal. The sound system is much better than the Camry. The automatic heat/AC system is a joke. I live in a cold weather climate and the only time the fan will come on is when I manually turn it up. There just isn't much to like about this car. Don't fall for the good looks. It's the devil in a red dress. I find myself driving my 2005 GMC Sierra with 100,000 miles most of the time as the MPH is about the same and the comfort is enormously better.

They need to keep the skin of this car and start all over with a complete redo of the powertrain and operating systems. I am not easily disgruntled and still have a genuine loyalty to GM. The Camry is the only non-GM I've ever driven. This Regal is not typical of the my GM experiences. I will probably go back to GM at the end of this lease. Hopefully the 39 month lease of this Regal that I am stuck with doesn't convince me otherwise.

functionality plus
By gatonegro

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Good car for young professional woman with family. I have had black w/ black interior for a few days and so far very comfortable commute and lots of compliments. I feel very safe and enjoying standard features. I almost bought turbo, as a little more fun to drive and attracted to ability for alternative corn based fuel, however my lifestyle is prohibitive and not anticipating drag racing :) Non-turbo provides enough zippy power for day 2 day and better MPG. Back seat is roomy for as small a car this is, which is good for family with older kids, but my 6'2 husband has to stoop head. I will transition this to tween-age son, who also really liked, when old enough to drive in a few years.

The seat is highly adjustable, noticed I can get a tall car feel and low sporty feel both comfortably by adjusting driver seat. Both inside and out is not ostentatious, but provides refined feel. When anticipating from the dimensions on paper, was very surprised how both look from outside and inside roomy feel was!

i think the e-assist available on 2012 version a move in right direction.

Be Careful!
By bradlys

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The transmission has nearly killed us several times while merging into traffic. It has also just quit working, requiring On Star to reset the computer. Though nothing can be found at the dealer, several excuses have been offered. We drove several different Regals while test driving and one of those did the same thing but we thought it might have been us, well it wasn't. The car doesn't down shift while slowing down so when you go to accelerate there is a long pause (very long). The bad part is you never know when it will do it which will lull you into a false sense of security. The rear taillights look like they were assembled for 2 different cars and the paint is chipping horribly.

We really wanted to like this car but just can't. We bought it because we wanted an American car with a German feel and that is what it offered being designed and built in Germany. The interior is pleasant and styling looks good.

If we could give it back we would but will suffer through (hopefully not getting killed) until we can trade it for a BMW. It's herky/jerky transmission and inconsistent manners have it parked most of the time. My wife is spooked and is afraid to drive it much. Big buyer’s remorse!

My second Buick is small and has half the cylinders
By my2ndbuick

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I loved my Buick Lucerne with the 8-cylinder engine, it was huge, the ride was like sitting on a sofa, really comfortable, the back seats had space for two huge football players. I sold it after 4 1/2 years being a really reliable car. So I bought another Buick. But the Lucerne was rather big for my garage and I am usually driving alone or with my wife, so I do not need the huge legroom the back. I wanted a smaller car and lthe Regal looked nicer than the LaCrosse. I also liked that it had firmer seats. And I got a great deal, so I bought it now. I choose the non-turbo version as it is fast enough (my wife has the same engine in her Chevy SUV) and it is more economical.

25 miles per gallon on average city/highway exterior and interior styling great radio with XM 18" tires

Radar to see cars in the blind spot is only available for the LaCrosse, not the Regal.

Better than expected
By newregal

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I now have nearly 700 miles on my new Regal and love everything about it. I'm especially glad that it was made in Germany. They know how to do it. The ride is excellent and the features are outstanding. I traded in a CTS and consider that trade a step up. The blue dash lighting has a soothing effect. It has adequate power and is just plain out fun to drive. I can't think of anything that they could improve on. The exterior styling is cutting edge and the interior is surely REGAL. Thanks Buick for getting it right. Would definitely recommend this automobile.

Has a sound system that is second to none and has top quality sound. The cockpit is very comfortable.

None ! What's not to like?