2011 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
This is a Buick?
By newbuckeye on 09/16/11 05:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded in 2005 M-B C320 4-Matic for the Regal Turbo. Sick of excessive maintenance costs and local dealer trying to sell unneeded maintenance. Great salesman and price on the Buick from a great dealer. The old GM is dead and good riddance. This car handles better than my M-B, gets better mileage and is much quieter plus corners better. Have 600 miles on it and 25 mpg for 60-40 highway/city mileage. Drove Altima, Focus, Optima and Sonata. Only the Altima V-6 is comparable in the refinement department, but has harsher ride. Buick and Opel got this one right!

My second Buick is small and has half the cylinders
By my2ndbuick on 09/11/11 14:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I loved my Buick Lucerne with the 8-cylinder engine, it was huge, the ride was like sitting on a sofa, really comfortable, the back seats had space for two huge football players. I sold it after 4 1/2 years being a really reliable car. So I bought another Buick. But the Lucerne was rather big for my garage and I am usually driving alone or with my wife, so I do not need the huge legroom the back. I wanted a smaller car and lthe Regal looked nicer than the LaCrosse. I also liked that it had firmer seats. And I got a great deal, so I bought it now. I choose the non-turbo version as it is fast enough (my wife has the same engine in her Chevy SUV) and it is more economical.

Regal Turbo TO7
By zorrolives on 08/31/11 14:10 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Excellent Build quality, lacks mid range torque, say above 45mph, not enough kick when asked, however low end is fine and improves greatly when tap shift manual mode is used. Biggest complaint is overly firm seats and no adjustment for lower back, (always trying to back it off but default sticks out way too far, should be able to adjust to make it flat. Also if you try and raise the seat up it wants to scissor closed, Germanys revenge perhaps? I do get alot of compliments on the exterior design, was asked if that was a Audi the other day.

Very Happy
By cobra1365 on 08/27/11 05:39 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Picked up this car to replace my wife's 05 Pontiac G6 GT. Wow, what a difference! The car is incredibly quiet and smooth. Great styling, handling and build quality. Lot's of leg room! I'm 5'11" and if I run the power seat all the way back, I can't reach the pedals! Very satisfied so far. Only cons...around town mileage is not as good as the G6 was, a slight hesitation at tip in (just as you depress accelerator), and the trim piece just above the glove box is too shiny...the angle puts a sunlight reflection right into the driver's eyes and the Bluetooth keeps losing sync with my wife's iPhone 4. If that's the worst things I have to deal with, I am going to be a very happy customer

Regal Turbo T02
By whoosierdaddy on 08/26/11 12:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After 3 weeks and 1000+ miles some observations. The only way to buy this car is with the Turbo 2.0, which feels about right; the 2.4L is disappointing. Light steering but you get used to it. Some turbo lag from a dead-stop, and when you punch it you get to watch Instantaneous-MPG show 3 for a few seconds. Again you get used to it. Quiet and smooth but the ride gets choppy over bumps or RR tracks. Handles nice, but those who have also driven a BMW will not confuse the two. Real MPG (doing the math at the pump): First tankful, all city/suburban, 19.2 MPG. Mixed with about 1/3 hwy, 23.5 MPG. On a 250 mile hwy trip, 34 MPG.

Better than expected
By newregal on 07/23/11 18:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I now have nearly 700 miles on my new Regal and love everything about it. I'm especially glad that it was made in Germany. They know how to do it. The ride is excellent and the features are outstanding. I traded in a CTS and consider that trade a step up. The blue dash lighting has a soothing effect. It has adequate power and is just plain out fun to drive. I can't think of anything that they could improve on. The exterior styling is cutting edge and the interior is surely REGAL. Thanks Buick for getting it right. Would definitely recommend this automobile.

2011 Regal Turbo (6M)
By edd_hanson on 07/20/11 15:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I brought home my 2011 Regal Turbo (6M) three weeks ago. After driving a BMW 3 series for 11 years, I did the unthinkable…..I bought a Buick. My grandparents would be proud (they only drove Buicks), but this is not my Grandparents Buick…..not by a long shot. Despite all the negative comments about the “base” Regal being slow, my Regal with its turbo engine and manual transmission is not. I can only compare it to my BMW, but the Buick feels faster…markedly so. I do not consider myself an “enthusiast", but I want a car with a manual tyranny that could get up and go when the situation required it. My new Regal fits the bill very very nicely……………and it’s rated at 32mpg

Excellent Car
By ark2612 on 07/18/11 09:49 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

2 Days into the 2011 Buick Regal CXL with sunroof and I absolutely love the car. Picked up the black on black model and it's been a head turner. I've already had 2 strangers compliment the car and were shocked to find out it was a Buick. It's not the quickest car ever made (by far), but for an around the town type of car mixed in with a few road trips it's very solid. It's more than made up though with the solid feel of the car. I guess American companies just have to have their cars designed and built in Germany to put out a winner.

Turbo T07
By wacmando on 06/13/11 13:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great Car! Buick has it down.Build quality is wonderful and car is really fun to drive. The Nav system is good and easy to use. Reminds me of my Infiniti G35...just not as powerful but much better economy!

L-O-V-E MY NEW TURBO!
By dadsgmgirl on 05/29/11 23:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Well, I'm back to GM after 2 foreign cars; had a VW Passat lastly (and extremely costly to maintain! NEVER again), prior to that had an Accord (boring!). Anyway, love the power, all the extra's, got a T06. Didn't want nav since I will keep OnStar. Smooth quiet ride, extremely comfortable for my long 50-60 minute commute (one-way!), good head turning quotient too. Love everything about it, I will never stray again......

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Buick Regal in VA is:

$121 per month*