Used 2011 Buick Regal CXL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Sporty attention getting workhorse
By jcg6878

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Regal new. Great experience with the sales staff and VIP style service department. The car is beautiful. Even two years later I still get compliments and questions about it. It's a fun to drive comfortable sporty and luxurious. Fully loaded, money well-spent. I've driven the car from California to New York and back; made many road trips to Vegas. I punish the car daily in heavy L.A. traffic on extremely hot days, too. Very solid. Low maintenance. Only issue has been with the brakes. Pads were glazed and rotors warped at 8,000 miles. Replaced under warranty. Brakes and rotors again at 29,000--warranty will not cover this time. Car is fantastic otherwise.

Interior and exterior styling, base engine is more than adequate in everyday driving, quiet, Nav system and Onstar (can't live without them), build quality, trunk space.

Base engine could certainly benefit from a bit more horsepower for certain driving situations (passing on two lane roads, merging onto freeways), Fuel economy for a 4 cylinder is shockingly low--shouldn't need the available eAssist (on newer models) to boost mileage on an engine this small. Voice prompts on navigation system are rough and sometimes unintelligible.

What a buy!
By cbbll

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking for something with better gas mileage, stylish, and relatively roomy. I looked at several differnt options and never thought I would consider a Buick. When I drove this car, it instantly reminded me of our 09 Audi A4 with the way it handled. Of course, the acceleration doesn't quite compare, but it can still move right along. The black on black is very sharp and as a young professional, my friends and co workers laughed at me when I said I bought a Buick. That was until they saw the car. Now everyone wants to drive it!

I don't have a favorite because I love everything about it. I have not had any of the problems other owners have had. The car has almost 40k.

WORST EXPERIENCE
By jlrankin248

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It was a great deal and loved how it drove, however it has been in the shop for a total of 46 days since leaseing it. the car will just stop working and will not go into gear. six times i had it back in with no resolution. was rear ended because of it quitting and then the transmission would not shift or when it did the whole car would shudder. it cost me money and a client who was stranded with me. I drove it into the dealer today and handed them the keys with 12 months left to go. Buick gave me all the excuses in the world save for finally sending out an engineer on the seventh try. I risked my life and that of my family's but not anymore. signed a lease for a 2013 Honda Accord.

Surprised by Buick!
By dap0922

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I didn't seek out a Buick when I started my search mainly based on the memories of the Buick's that my grandpa drove. Those were respectable cars at the time, but I was not interested in driving a "big boat". As a young professional, Buick seemed dated. I was looking for 3 things, 1)good gas mileage , 2) comfortable and high tech interior, 3) "head-turning" exterior styling - all at an good price of course. After looking at other cars for a few months, I came across the Regal. I hesitated at the thought of buying a Buick, but was blown away at the "reimagined" Brand. I was impressed at the styling and handling. This definitely isn't my grandpa's Buick!

Great highway mileage - Interior Styling - leather seats, Blue accentend lighting - very nice Interior Features - bluetooth, onstar, heated seats Exterior Styling - looks great rolling up next to Acuras and Audis!

Some have criticized the interior controls, but it took me about 3 days to get a handle on it. No big deal The only thing that wish was a little better was the power on the highway. For a normal driver, it gets the job done. It would be nice to have a more powerful engine

I Love this Car!
By 82oldsroyale

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I needed a car because I had an accident with my 02 Buick Park Ave. I did not consider the Lucerne, as this car was out dated already. I did look at the LaCrosse and feel in love with it, but it was out of my price range. So I looked at the Regal. At first I did not like it, I had issues with the size of the interior. Once I got over the initial size and became more open minded for what the Regal had to offer, I fell in love with it. The exterior styling is so sporty and the interior has so many standard options. The 2.4 engine takes some getting use to, but gets the job done. I just love driving this car! I love the stares I get when I pass people by! People cannot believe it is a Buick!

I have to say the standard Blue Tooth is one of my favorites along with the I-pod / usb connection. Fit and finish is Awesome. I love the exterior from the chrome waterfall grille, the rear tail lamps and the 18" rims. This car is amazing! I have the black on black interior, which I like over the beige interior in my Wife's 06 Buick Rendezvous. It makes it feel more like a sports car than a luxury car. I like the fact that the gas door locks and unlocks with the car doors.

I would not mind some wood grain accents instead of the black piano accents with the dark interior. I think the trunk should be reconfigured to have more room. The Buick Verano looks like it would have a bigger trunk and it is a smaller car.