2011 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Be Careful!
By bradlys on 10/10/11 09:07 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The transmission has nearly killed us several times while merging into traffic. It has also just quit working, requiring On Star to reset the computer. Though nothing can be found at the dealer, several excuses have been offered. We drove several different Regals while test driving and one of those did the same thing but we thought it might have been us, well it wasn't. The car doesn't down shift while slowing down so when you go to accelerate there is a long pause (very long). The bad part is you never know when it will do it which will lull you into a false sense of security. The rear taillights look like they were assembled for 2 different cars and the paint is chipping horribly.

My second Buick is small and has half the cylinders
By my2ndbuick on 09/11/11 14:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I loved my Buick Lucerne with the 8-cylinder engine, it was huge, the ride was like sitting on a sofa, really comfortable, the back seats had space for two huge football players. I sold it after 4 1/2 years being a really reliable car. So I bought another Buick. But the Lucerne was rather big for my garage and I am usually driving alone or with my wife, so I do not need the huge legroom the back. I wanted a smaller car and lthe Regal looked nicer than the LaCrosse. I also liked that it had firmer seats. And I got a great deal, so I bought it now. I choose the non-turbo version as it is fast enough (my wife has the same engine in her Chevy SUV) and it is more economical.

Better than expected
By newregal on 07/23/11 18:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I now have nearly 700 miles on my new Regal and love everything about it. I'm especially glad that it was made in Germany. They know how to do it. The ride is excellent and the features are outstanding. I traded in a CTS and consider that trade a step up. The blue dash lighting has a soothing effect. It has adequate power and is just plain out fun to drive. I can't think of anything that they could improve on. The exterior styling is cutting edge and the interior is surely REGAL. Thanks Buick for getting it right. Would definitely recommend this automobile.

Excellent Car
By ark2612 on 07/18/11 09:49 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

2 Days into the 2011 Buick Regal CXL with sunroof and I absolutely love the car. Picked up the black on black model and it's been a head turner. I've already had 2 strangers compliment the car and were shocked to find out it was a Buick. It's not the quickest car ever made (by far), but for an around the town type of car mixed in with a few road trips it's very solid. It's more than made up though with the solid feel of the car. I guess American companies just have to have their cars designed and built in Germany to put out a winner.

Nice Car
By gdeshields on 03/31/11 04:05 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded my 2008 Pontiac G8 GT (Lease) for the 2011 Buick Regal (2 weeks ago), big change in power (8 cylinders) to (4 cylinders) but, how often did I really use it. The BIG win is the car's quiet interior great sound system and gadgets galore Navigation, voice recognition, On Star, Hard Drive (the best--- you can record only the songs you like), and Bluetooth. Each day I find a new toy to play with, I expect to enjoy this car for the next 24 months. By the way with gas at $3(plus) the mileage and cash savings will be a nice change.

11 Regal CXL 4
By opalcat on 03/15/11 05:52 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 11 CXL Regal replaced my 08 Buick Lacrosse that was the worst car I have ever owned (and there has been many). So far like the Regal but not real happy with the gas mileage 18 would think with a 4 cyl it would get a lot better around town. The acceleration is slower then with a 6 cyl takes getting used too. Not really good in the snow especially in VT this year. Dash board lights reflect on windshield at night also. The on star phone still does not work correctly - tell it one number and it repeats something totally different they really need to work on that. Compared the Honda accord and the Toyota Corolla to the Regal. All about the same size just priced more.

I really like this car
By quattro5 on 02/09/11 17:54 PM (PST)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is the 1st American sedan I have owned. I have had 3 Accords and 2 Camrys since college between me and my wife. Most recent was 08 Accord. Lease just up so i returned it and got the Regal. Really liked the looks and the incentives being offered were hard to turn down, considering it is my tax dollars at work! Car drives and handles very well. Finish and build quality is excellent. Features far, far exceed my 08 LX-P Accord and I am paying $50 less per month. Handling beats that car also. Far quieter and smoother as well. Yes the car is slightly underpowered but no more so than the 4 cylinder Accords. Reviewers are making way more out of that. Great car so far.

GM has them beat
By carman14 on 02/01/11 07:32 AM (PST)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just picked up a Buick Regal CXL base, after turning in a solid GM defunct Saturn Aura. Looking for a mid priced car <30k this car beats them all. Interior is fabulous with standard features like heat seats, dual climate, leather, heated mirrors, temp,compass,XM, power seats,lumbar. Exterior standard 18" alloy wheels, fog lights. Car has solid acceleration for commute, quiet interior, no road noise, rides on rails feel, spoiler. Interior sold me in cashmere very luxurious, exterior style does'nt blow me away but elegant. Fit and finish top notch, solid feel with bank vault doors. TG GM still around not many japanese or korean compare to this.

VERY GOOD DEAL FOR THE $$$$$$$$$$$
By weldridge on 01/06/11 09:22 AM (PST)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Forget all the hype your read about horsepower/performance. This car delivers good all around power. you certainly can get a speeding ticket. Use common sense when passing. Fit/finish is good. Dealer discounted--you can get a deal.sed manual shift to pass on the interstate--No problem. (Just use common sense when passing)

31 year old owner
By 1487 on 12/28/10 08:47 AM (PST)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I guess I will be the first to offer comments after 5k miles and nearly 6months of ownership. Thus far there haven't been any real issues. The only "problem" I have is that the horn doesnt sound when the doors are locked even though I have that setting selected in the DIC. I haven't been back to the dealer yet. The ride and handling are excellent as is the build quality on this car. Love the H/K stereo and the excellent MP3 integration. I really thought I was going to miss the lack of CD changer but with so many other options its no big deal. The backseat is tight for adults but OK for kids. The styling garners lots of compliments from strangers- even people in traffic. People love the looks

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Buick Regal Sedan in VA is:

$115 per month*