2011 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Dangerous Regal Turbo
By furys on 07/04/12 20:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We returned the car because of erratic idling between 10,000 and 30,000 RPM without touching the accelerator upon starting, both cold engine and starting in between routine errand stops throughout the day. I identified this problem as dangerous and the vehicle seemed unsafe to drive. The vehicle nearly stalls when entering the freeway and passing. We want to return the car because it is unsafe to drive with random self acceleration, a defective driver side windshield washer sprayer and defective mats that unclip while driving. These problems are all serious safety hazards. The car was scraped and dented six times because of this. I left it at the dealership this week but they only refereed

I Love this Car!
By 82oldsroyale on 05/23/12 09:17 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I needed a car because I had an accident with my 02 Buick Park Ave. I did not consider the Lucerne, as this car was out dated already. I did look at the LaCrosse and feel in love with it, but it was out of my price range. So I looked at the Regal. At first I did not like it, I had issues with the size of the interior. Once I got over the initial size and became more open minded for what the Regal had to offer, I fell in love with it. The exterior styling is so sporty and the interior has so many standard options. The 2.4 engine takes some getting use to, but gets the job done. I just love driving this car! I love the stares I get when I pass people by! People cannot believe it is a Buick!

Form without Function
By coach32 on 01/09/12 06:51 AM (PST)

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I recently came out of a Toyota Camry lease and wanted to again join the GM family. I seen the Regal as a good looking alternative. I can safely say this is the biggest car buying mistake of my life. To say that this car is a dog is an understatement. The best I can get for MPH is 20.5 and I consider myself a conservative driver. Passing other cars? Forget about it! Only downhill with a tailwind. An hour in the seat is the most I've ever made it without a break as the lumbar support, even when all the way back, feels like a gun being stuck in my back. Actually, all things considered, that is exactly what this experience has been. Unfortunately, I have 33 months left on the lease. UGH!!!

So far, so good.
By amajo on 01/08/12 12:08 PM (PST)

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

MPG is a strange thing. I have over 2,000 miles on my new Regal and both times with manual calculations at the gas pump I've had over 36 MPG. The fuel economy is excellent and happily unexpected. Of course, most miles were highway. My teenage son said the back seat was very comfortable - more so than the 2001 Buick Regal that we traded in. While on the road at a rest area, I had a couple comment that they had been following me for miles trying to check out my car. People I don't know have given me praise. This is great. Thank you Buick! Even though this car was manufactured in Germany, I suspect that the engineering was all American (perhaps Michigander - Minded).

t07 with problems
By snewby04 on 01/05/12 13:12 PM (PST)

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a beautiful white t07 regal turbo. This car handles amazing and drives great. My car unfortunately has a front suspension rattle in the right front. Its been to the dealer twice and I have opened a case with GM. To no avail, car still rattles and nobody at Buick cares. I guess I will have to pursue lemon law since Buick customer service doesnt care about their customers. Otherwise a wonderful car with nice amenities and looks great.

Underetimated
By timetraveling on 12/26/11 23:21 PM (PST)

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Origanlly interested in Volkswagen CC. I was dertermined to buy a well made foreign car. I was fed up with GM, Ford and Dodge. But while doing some research came across the Buick Regal. Took one look and new this was the car for me. This car was loaded! The 2.4 Turbo is plenty of power for me.

functionality plus
By gatonegro on 11/01/11 07:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Good car for young professional woman with family. I have had black w/ black interior for a few days and so far very comfortable commute and lots of compliments. I feel very safe and enjoying standard features. I almost bought turbo, as a little more fun to drive and attracted to ability for alternative corn based fuel, however my lifestyle is prohibitive and not anticipating drag racing :) Non-turbo provides enough zippy power for day 2 day and better MPG. Back seat is roomy for as small a car this is, which is good for family with older kids, but my 6'2 husband has to stoop head. I will transition this to tween-age son, who also really liked, when old enough to drive in a few years.

Be Careful!
By bradlys on 10/10/11 09:07 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The transmission has nearly killed us several times while merging into traffic. It has also just quit working, requiring On Star to reset the computer. Though nothing can be found at the dealer, several excuses have been offered. We drove several different Regals while test driving and one of those did the same thing but we thought it might have been us, well it wasn't. The car doesn't down shift while slowing down so when you go to accelerate there is a long pause (very long). The bad part is you never know when it will do it which will lull you into a false sense of security. The rear taillights look like they were assembled for 2 different cars and the paint is chipping horribly.

This is a Buick?
By newbuckeye on 09/16/11 05:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded in 2005 M-B C320 4-Matic for the Regal Turbo. Sick of excessive maintenance costs and local dealer trying to sell unneeded maintenance. Great salesman and price on the Buick from a great dealer. The old GM is dead and good riddance. This car handles better than my M-B, gets better mileage and is much quieter plus corners better. Have 600 miles on it and 25 mpg for 60-40 highway/city mileage. Drove Altima, Focus, Optima and Sonata. Only the Altima V-6 is comparable in the refinement department, but has harsher ride. Buick and Opel got this one right!

My second Buick is small and has half the cylinders
By my2ndbuick on 09/11/11 14:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I loved my Buick Lucerne with the 8-cylinder engine, it was huge, the ride was like sitting on a sofa, really comfortable, the back seats had space for two huge football players. I sold it after 4 1/2 years being a really reliable car. So I bought another Buick. But the Lucerne was rather big for my garage and I am usually driving alone or with my wife, so I do not need the huge legroom the back. I wanted a smaller car and lthe Regal looked nicer than the LaCrosse. I also liked that it had firmer seats. And I got a great deal, so I bought it now. I choose the non-turbo version as it is fast enough (my wife has the same engine in her Chevy SUV) and it is more economical.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Buick Regal in VA is:

$115 per month*