Used 2011 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Love, Love, and Love
By roserita1

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love love love my Buick! Just purchased a 2011 CLX, the color I was not thrilled about because it was triple black but once inside WOW! I'm in my 60's but sassy and this is me all the way. Back in 1972 I had a tan Regal it was sporty as well and then it went to the parent look.. I tell you when I get in this car it makes me feel wonderful, its not to small but not big either, I looked at the Lacross it was much to large for me my children are all grown and on their own so I told the dealer it fit me and my purse just fine. If you have not driven it you own it to yourself to take a test drive you will be sold, another thrilled Buick owner.

Mirrors are shaped weird so you need to get use to that.

Just OK
By nydogboy

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The ladies love the sporty look, but, if you are more than 5'8" you'll be challenged to enter this car. It's quieter than my 2006 Malibu Maxx, which I kinda miss, but the transmission is very busy and you can hear every move it makes. It's hard to keep the RPMs under 2200 because it keeps shifting arpumd town. It is a pleasure to drive on the highway. I was hoping the 6-speed, 4 cylinder Regal would get better mileage than my v-6, 210 hpw Malibu Maxx...wrong. It's about the same. I like the car and hope to have it for 5 or more years, which I typically do.

Love the info center. It even shows the tire pressure for each individual tire. Also enjoy the digital speedometer. The sound system is ok. The leather heated seats and the separate controls for heat/cool works very well.

Make it easier to get into. Quiet the transmission down. Wish I would have shopped harder, but !6,000 and only 23,000 miles was too tempting.

Great car - so so navigation - repairs already?
By waxahachiejoe

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my 2011 Regal used with 18K miles on it. The car is great, and way more fun to drive than I thought. My navigation keeps resetting the time to an hour ahead, no matter how many times I set it. The navigation thinks I live in DC. I even paid for the $200 nav update disk and still the same. No traffic updates and no blue tooth streaming. I would not have bought this car had I known how horrible the nav is. The driver's heated seat does not work, and the auto a/c is way off. I have to set it to 80 degrees to get warm and 70 to cool off. I'm hoping a visit to the dealership will fix these issues but I shouldn't have to with 18K miles on it.

Good styling and handling. Fun to drive. Good looking interior. Inexpensive used

Fix the navigation issues. Traffic updates and Bluetooth streaming should be included with the navigation, other brands do. Car shouldn't have problems with 18K miles on it.

Traded in my A4 for 2011 Regal Turbo
By shs92645

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

6 weeks ago, I decided to say goodbye to my Audi Service Department, where I spent way too much time with my A4. I located a Certified Regal with 2500 miles on the odometer and fully loaded with options - and built in Germany! Now that I am settling in with my new car, I can honestly say that it is a beautiful automobile. The cabin is very comfortable and quiet, the engine has plenty of power, and it is fun to drive. Despite being FWD, I find little difference in handling from the AWD Audi.I have the 6-speed Automatic which is a grand transmission - it always seems to be in the right gear and the shifts are very smooth. Fuel mileage is comparable to the Audi.

Great looks with the standard 18" wheels and very comfortable black leather seats. Harmon Kardon audio system is outstanding.

Bluetooth system is fine when calling, but lacks the ability to store my numbers. Since I make very few calls in the car, this is not a problem for me and I know that newer models have had upgrades.

Traded in A4 for Buick Regal Turbo
By shs92645

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After a disappointing ownership experience with my 2009 A4, I decided that I wanted a different brand and I opted for a very low mileage 2011 Buick Regal Turbo. After just two weeks, I am very impressed with the looks of the vehicle and the way it drives. There is plenty of room in the cabin, seats are very comfortable and the vehicle handles the way a German built car should. My initial fuel mileage is better than the Audi as well.

The Harmon Kardon stereo is awesome, although I am still getting familiar with the controls.

I have not been able to automatically load my cellphone directory into the car's bluetooth system and it apparently does not have the capability of doing so. Since I do not generally make calls from my car, this is not a big deal for me.

• SUV