2011 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Traded in my A4 for 2011 Regal Turbo
By shs92645 on 11/12/13 15:07 PM (PST)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

6 weeks ago, I decided to say goodbye to my Audi Service Department, where I spent way too much time with my A4. I located a Certified Regal with 2500 miles on the odometer and fully loaded with options - and built in Germany! Now that I am settling in with my new car, I can honestly say that it is a beautiful automobile. The cabin is very comfortable and quiet, the engine has plenty of power, and it is fun to drive. Despite being FWD, I find little difference in handling from the AWD Audi.I have the 6-speed Automatic which is a grand transmission - it always seems to be in the right gear and the shifts are very smooth. Fuel mileage is comparable to the Audi.

Traded in A4 for Buick Regal Turbo
By shs92645 on 10/15/13 06:23 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After a disappointing ownership experience with my 2009 A4, I decided that I wanted a different brand and I opted for a very low mileage 2011 Buick Regal Turbo. After just two weeks, I am very impressed with the looks of the vehicle and the way it drives. There is plenty of room in the cabin, seats are very comfortable and the vehicle handles the way a German built car should. My initial fuel mileage is better than the Audi as well.

Self Accelerates
By furys on 08/15/12 13:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

In spite of my Regal being a German made car, I am not a troll, competitor, or foreigner. I actually drive this 2011 Buick Regal Turbo in Denver. We paid a whopping $28K with a sticker price of $33K in July 2011. The dealership we purchased this car from, GO Buick Park Meadows, refuses to repair it. GM sent a third party specialist to verify the problem last month and we have yet to hear back from Buick. Yes, I put my right foot on the brake when starting the car. It randomly self accelerates when in park, reverse or drive. The dangerous acceleration problem persists. Sadly, my family just can't continue driving this dangerous car. Post if you have the same issue with your new Buick Regal.

Dangerous Regal Turbo
By furys on 07/04/12 20:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We returned the car because of erratic idling between 10,000 and 30,000 RPM without touching the accelerator upon starting, both cold engine and starting in between routine errand stops throughout the day. I identified this problem as dangerous and the vehicle seemed unsafe to drive. The vehicle nearly stalls when entering the freeway and passing. We want to return the car because it is unsafe to drive with random self acceleration, a defective driver side windshield washer sprayer and defective mats that unclip while driving. These problems are all serious safety hazards. The car was scraped and dented six times because of this. I left it at the dealership this week but they only refereed

So far, so good.
By amajo on 01/08/12 12:08 PM (PST)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

MPG is a strange thing. I have over 2,000 miles on my new Regal and both times with manual calculations at the gas pump I've had over 36 MPG. The fuel economy is excellent and happily unexpected. Of course, most miles were highway. My teenage son said the back seat was very comfortable - more so than the 2001 Buick Regal that we traded in. While on the road at a rest area, I had a couple comment that they had been following me for miles trying to check out my car. People I don't know have given me praise. This is great. Thank you Buick! Even though this car was manufactured in Germany, I suspect that the engineering was all American (perhaps Michigander - Minded).

t07 with problems
By snewby04 on 01/05/12 13:12 PM (PST)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a beautiful white t07 regal turbo. This car handles amazing and drives great. My car unfortunately has a front suspension rattle in the right front. Its been to the dealer twice and I have opened a case with GM. To no avail, car still rattles and nobody at Buick cares. I guess I will have to pursue lemon law since Buick customer service doesnt care about their customers. Otherwise a wonderful car with nice amenities and looks great.

Underetimated
By timetraveling on 12/26/11 23:21 PM (PST)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Origanlly interested in Volkswagen CC. I was dertermined to buy a well made foreign car. I was fed up with GM, Ford and Dodge. But while doing some research came across the Buick Regal. Took one look and new this was the car for me. This car was loaded! The 2.4 Turbo is plenty of power for me.

This is a Buick?
By newbuckeye on 09/16/11 05:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded in 2005 M-B C320 4-Matic for the Regal Turbo. Sick of excessive maintenance costs and local dealer trying to sell unneeded maintenance. Great salesman and price on the Buick from a great dealer. The old GM is dead and good riddance. This car handles better than my M-B, gets better mileage and is much quieter plus corners better. Have 600 miles on it and 25 mpg for 60-40 highway/city mileage. Drove Altima, Focus, Optima and Sonata. Only the Altima V-6 is comparable in the refinement department, but has harsher ride. Buick and Opel got this one right!

Regal Turbo TO7
By zorrolives on 08/31/11 14:10 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Excellent Build quality, lacks mid range torque, say above 45mph, not enough kick when asked, however low end is fine and improves greatly when tap shift manual mode is used. Biggest complaint is overly firm seats and no adjustment for lower back, (always trying to back it off but default sticks out way too far, should be able to adjust to make it flat. Also if you try and raise the seat up it wants to scissor closed, Germanys revenge perhaps? I do get alot of compliments on the exterior design, was asked if that was a Audi the other day.

Very Happy
By cobra1365 on 08/27/11 05:39 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Picked up this car to replace my wife's 05 Pontiac G6 GT. Wow, what a difference! The car is incredibly quiet and smooth. Great styling, handling and build quality. Lot's of leg room! I'm 5'11" and if I run the power seat all the way back, I can't reach the pedals! Very satisfied so far. Only cons...around town mileage is not as good as the G6 was, a slight hesitation at tip in (just as you depress accelerator), and the trim piece just above the glove box is too shiny...the angle puts a sunlight reflection right into the driver's eyes and the Bluetooth keeps losing sync with my wife's iPhone 4. If that's the worst things I have to deal with, I am going to be a very happy customer

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Buick Regal Sedan in VA is:

$133 per month*