2011 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Love, Love, and Love
By roserita1 on 06/20/14 12:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love love love my Buick! Just purchased a 2011 CLX, the color I was not thrilled about because it was triple black but once inside WOW! I'm in my 60's but sassy and this is me all the way. Back in 1972 I had a tan Regal it was sporty as well and then it went to the parent look.. I tell you when I get in this car it makes me feel wonderful, its not to small but not big either, I looked at the Lacross it was much to large for me my children are all grown and on their own so I told the dealer it fit me and my purse just fine. If you have not driven it you own it to yourself to take a test drive you will be sold, another thrilled Buick owner.

Just OK
By nydogboy on 03/21/14 20:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The ladies love the sporty look, but, if you are more than 5'8" you'll be challenged to enter this car. It's quieter than my 2006 Malibu Maxx, which I kinda miss, but the transmission is very busy and you can hear every move it makes. It's hard to keep the RPMs under 2200 because it keeps shifting arpumd town. It is a pleasure to drive on the highway. I was hoping the 6-speed, 4 cylinder Regal would get better mileage than my v-6, 210 hpw Malibu Maxx...wrong. It's about the same. I like the car and hope to have it for 5 or more years, which I typically do.

Great car - so so navigation - repairs already?
By waxahachiejoe on 01/28/14 08:16 AM (PST)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my 2011 Regal used with 18K miles on it. The car is great, and way more fun to drive than I thought. My navigation keeps resetting the time to an hour ahead, no matter how many times I set it. The navigation thinks I live in DC. I even paid for the $200 nav update disk and still the same. No traffic updates and no blue tooth streaming. I would not have bought this car had I known how horrible the nav is. The driver's heated seat does not work, and the auto a/c is way off. I have to set it to 80 degrees to get warm and 70 to cool off. I'm hoping a visit to the dealership will fix these issues but I shouldn't have to with 18K miles on it.

Traded in my A4 for 2011 Regal Turbo
By shs92645 on 11/12/13 15:07 PM (PST)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

6 weeks ago, I decided to say goodbye to my Audi Service Department, where I spent way too much time with my A4. I located a Certified Regal with 2500 miles on the odometer and fully loaded with options - and built in Germany! Now that I am settling in with my new car, I can honestly say that it is a beautiful automobile. The cabin is very comfortable and quiet, the engine has plenty of power, and it is fun to drive. Despite being FWD, I find little difference in handling from the AWD Audi.I have the 6-speed Automatic which is a grand transmission - it always seems to be in the right gear and the shifts are very smooth. Fuel mileage is comparable to the Audi.

Traded in A4 for Buick Regal Turbo
By shs92645 on 10/15/13 06:23 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After a disappointing ownership experience with my 2009 A4, I decided that I wanted a different brand and I opted for a very low mileage 2011 Buick Regal Turbo. After just two weeks, I am very impressed with the looks of the vehicle and the way it drives. There is plenty of room in the cabin, seats are very comfortable and the vehicle handles the way a German built car should. My initial fuel mileage is better than the Audi as well.

Sporty attention getting workhorse
By jcg6878 on 05/25/13 21:31 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Regal new. Great experience with the sales staff and VIP style service department. The car is beautiful. Even two years later I still get compliments and questions about it. It's a fun to drive comfortable sporty and luxurious. Fully loaded, money well-spent. I've driven the car from California to New York and back; made many road trips to Vegas. I punish the car daily in heavy L.A. traffic on extremely hot days, too. Very solid. Low maintenance. Only issue has been with the brakes. Pads were glazed and rotors warped at 8,000 miles. Replaced under warranty. Brakes and rotors again at 29,000--warranty will not cover this time. Car is fantastic otherwise.

What a buy!
By cbbll on 02/12/13 07:33 AM (PST)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking for something with better gas mileage, stylish, and relatively roomy. I looked at several differnt options and never thought I would consider a Buick. When I drove this car, it instantly reminded me of our 09 Audi A4 with the way it handled. Of course, the acceleration doesn't quite compare, but it can still move right along. The black on black is very sharp and as a young professional, my friends and co workers laughed at me when I said I bought a Buick. That was until they saw the car. Now everyone wants to drive it!

WORST EXPERIENCE
By jlrankin248 on 10/10/12 06:37 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It was a great deal and loved how it drove, however it has been in the shop for a total of 46 days since leaseing it. the car will just stop working and will not go into gear. six times i had it back in with no resolution. was rear ended because of it quitting and then the transmission would not shift or when it did the whole car would shudder. it cost me money and a client who was stranded with me. I drove it into the dealer today and handed them the keys with 12 months left to go. Buick gave me all the excuses in the world save for finally sending out an engineer on the seventh try. I risked my life and that of my family's but not anymore. signed a lease for a 2013 Honda Accord.

Self Accelerates
By furys on 08/15/12 13:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

In spite of my Regal being a German made car, I am not a troll, competitor, or foreigner. I actually drive this 2011 Buick Regal Turbo in Denver. We paid a whopping $28K with a sticker price of $33K in July 2011. The dealership we purchased this car from, GO Buick Park Meadows, refuses to repair it. GM sent a third party specialist to verify the problem last month and we have yet to hear back from Buick. Yes, I put my right foot on the brake when starting the car. It randomly self accelerates when in park, reverse or drive. The dangerous acceleration problem persists. Sadly, my family just can't continue driving this dangerous car. Post if you have the same issue with your new Buick Regal.

Surprised by Buick!
By dap0922 on 07/30/12 13:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I didn't seek out a Buick when I started my search mainly based on the memories of the Buick's that my grandpa drove. Those were respectable cars at the time, but I was not interested in driving a "big boat". As a young professional, Buick seemed dated. I was looking for 3 things, 1)good gas mileage , 2) comfortable and high tech interior, 3) "head-turning" exterior styling - all at an good price of course. After looking at other cars for a few months, I came across the Regal. I hesitated at the thought of buying a Buick, but was blown away at the "reimagined" Brand. I was impressed at the styling and handling. This definitely isn't my grandpa's Buick!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Buick Regal Sedan in VA is:

$121 per month*