Used 2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

2011 Buick Regal

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Nice car but suprisingly lower gas mileage
By Rob C

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I should have read up more on the actual gas mileage folks are getting. The sportiness and looks and features are great. The radio is too many buttons and they have changed it on newer models. My 2015 F150 Supercrew 2.7 Ecoboost (twin turbo) mileage advertised is 19/26. I averaged 18 all around but mid to high 20's on highway. I would have thought this tiny regal would do better just looking at it's small size. It looks almost exactly like the Verano until you see the swooping curve on the side is opposite. It feels compact but labeled a mid size. Nice to drive, fun even. I like it but many other cars loaded similarly do better on gas and the larger buicks can even beat it. Overall happy I just did not expect truck like gas mileage but it is a lot easier to part. 13K for a 2011 with 48K miles. I was shopping for a Cadillac CTS but when I saw this I jumped on it. The European styling similar to a BMW/AUDI is nice. Overall happy and trying like crazy to keep the foot pedal off the floor for better mileage, the first fill up the average was 16mpg....

Euro Car Snob Goes Domestic
By ajkiniowa

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is really an amazing value and design. My Buick was made in Germany. In the rest of the world it is an Opel Insignia which has been a European Car of the Year several times. I also drive a Volvo, which in my opinion, has the best seats of any car maker - hence I can't laud the Buick's seats. They are comfortable and I can drive for hours without any discomfort.
The technology takes a bit of time to learn. If you can read a manual, watch a DVD and Google you can learn these electronics easily. I DO NOT like the electric parking brake! Call me old school, but I would be happy to have a mechanical interface return.
In emergency maneuvers, the car rivals any vehicle I have owned - BMW, Volvo, Audi, Saab, etc.... In some ways it is even better with the Stabilitrak stepping in to direct the car accordingly and allow one to avoid potential accidents without relying on anti-lock braking. The brakes are also stellar.
The interior is exceedingly quiet. I have found myself speeding more in this vehicle then probably any other I have owned. It handles well and in Sport mode is very tuned in and fast.
The headlights are also incredible - almost like daylight. I also want to praise the Harman Kardon sound system, quite amazing.
I think driving the car will speak for itself. As a certified vehicle there have been no maintenance or out of pocket costs and my local dealer is super.

Traded in my A4 for 2011 Regal Turbo
By shs92645

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

6 weeks ago, I decided to say goodbye to my Audi Service Department, where I spent way too much time with my A4.
I located a Certified Regal with 2500 miles on the odometer and fully loaded with options - and built in Germany!
Now that I am settling in with my new car, I can honestly say that it is a beautiful automobile.
The cabin is very comfortable and quiet, the engine has plenty of power, and it is fun to drive.
Despite being FWD, I find little difference in handling from the AWD Audi.I have the 6-speed Automatic which is a grand transmission - it always seems to be in the right gear and the shifts are very smooth.
Fuel mileage is comparable to the Audi.

Great looks with the standard 18" wheels and very comfortable black leather seats. Harmon Kardon audio system is outstanding.

Bluetooth system is fine when calling, but lacks the ability to store my numbers. Since I make very few calls in the car, this is not a problem for me and I know that newer models have had upgrades.

Traded in A4 for Buick Regal Turbo
By shs92645

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After a disappointing ownership experience with my 2009 A4, I decided that I wanted a different brand and I opted for a very low mileage 2011 Buick Regal Turbo.
After just two weeks, I am very impressed with the looks of the vehicle and the way it drives.
There is plenty of room in the cabin, seats are very comfortable and the vehicle handles the way a German built car should.
My initial fuel mileage is better than the Audi as well.
I have now owned this car for 2.5 years and it is, without question, the best car I have ever owned. Although I had a few minor items that needed fixing under the warranty, the car has cost little to keep on the road. The car is fun to drive and very comfortable on long trips. I am very pleased overall.

Self Accelerates
By furys

In spite of my Regal being a German made car, I
am not a troll, competitor, or foreigner. I actually drive this 2011 Buick Regal Turbo in Denver. We paid a whopping $28K with a sticker price of $33K in July 2011. The dealership we purchased this car from, GO Buick Park Meadows, refuses to repair it. GM sent a third party specialist to verify the problem last month and we have yet to hear back from Buick.

Yes, I put my right foot on the brake when starting the car. It randomly self accelerates when in park, reverse or drive. The dangerous acceleration problem persists. Sadly, my family just can't continue driving this dangerous car. Post if you have the same issue with your new Buick Regal.

Exterior side view.