Used 2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Traded in my A4 for 2011 Regal Turbo
By shs92645

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

6 weeks ago, I decided to say goodbye to my Audi Service Department, where I spent way too much time with my A4. I located a Certified Regal with 2500 miles on the odometer and fully loaded with options - and built in Germany! Now that I am settling in with my new car, I can honestly say that it is a beautiful automobile. The cabin is very comfortable and quiet, the engine has plenty of power, and it is fun to drive. Despite being FWD, I find little difference in handling from the AWD Audi.I have the 6-speed Automatic which is a grand transmission - it always seems to be in the right gear and the shifts are very smooth. Fuel mileage is comparable to the Audi.

Great looks with the standard 18" wheels and very comfortable black leather seats. Harmon Kardon audio system is outstanding.

Bluetooth system is fine when calling, but lacks the ability to store my numbers. Since I make very few calls in the car, this is not a problem for me and I know that newer models have had upgrades.

Traded in A4 for Buick Regal Turbo
By shs92645

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After a disappointing ownership experience with my 2009 A4, I decided that I wanted a different brand and I opted for a very low mileage 2011 Buick Regal Turbo. After just two weeks, I am very impressed with the looks of the vehicle and the way it drives. There is plenty of room in the cabin, seats are very comfortable and the vehicle handles the way a German built car should. My initial fuel mileage is better than the Audi as well.

The Harmon Kardon stereo is awesome, although I am still getting familiar with the controls.

I have not been able to automatically load my cellphone directory into the car's bluetooth system and it apparently does not have the capability of doing so. Since I do not generally make calls from my car, this is not a big deal for me.

Self Accelerates
By furys

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

In spite of my Regal being a German made car, I am not a troll, competitor, or foreigner. I actually drive this 2011 Buick Regal Turbo in Denver. We paid a whopping $28K with a sticker price of $33K in July 2011. The dealership we purchased this car from, GO Buick Park Meadows, refuses to repair it. GM sent a third party specialist to verify the problem last month and we have yet to hear back from Buick. Yes, I put my right foot on the brake when starting the car. It randomly self accelerates when in park, reverse or drive. The dangerous acceleration problem persists. Sadly, my family just can't continue driving this dangerous car. Post if you have the same issue with your new Buick Regal.

Exterior side view.

Fix Turbo problem.

Dangerous Regal Turbo
By furys

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We returned the car because of erratic idling between 10,000 and 30,000 RPM without touching the accelerator upon starting, both cold engine and starting in between routine errand stops throughout the day. I identified this problem as dangerous and the vehicle seemed unsafe to drive. The vehicle nearly stalls when entering the freeway and passing. We want to return the car because it is unsafe to drive with random self acceleration, a defective driver side windshield washer sprayer and defective mats that unclip while driving. These problems are all serious safety hazards. The car was scraped and dented six times because of this. I left it at the dealership this week but they only refereed

Exterior looks

New safe to use drive tray.

So far, so good.
By amajo

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

MPG is a strange thing. I have over 2,000 miles on my new Regal and both times with manual calculations at the gas pump I've had over 36 MPG. The fuel economy is excellent and happily unexpected. Of course, most miles were highway. My teenage son said the back seat was very comfortable - more so than the 2001 Buick Regal that we traded in. While on the road at a rest area, I had a couple comment that they had been following me for miles trying to check out my car. People I don't know have given me praise. This is great. Thank you Buick! Even though this car was manufactured in Germany, I suspect that the engineering was all American (perhaps Michigander - Minded).

The On-Star Navigation service is like having Minions in your dashboard. They have been very nice and so helpful. I'll have to see if I can afford it after the free trial.

My teenage son would like heat warmers in the back seat and a backseat audio system with headphones - perhaps with the ability to hook up his I-pod. Is there a way to include a Wi-Fi zone inside the car with the On-Star subscription or some other way? It would be a great standard feature. Go Buick!