Used 2011 Buick Regal CXL Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Good ol' Bruno
By John H. Wilde

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is not most people's idea of a Buick. Our chocolate brown Regal turns heads! When I loaned it to my daughter co-workers asked her if she'd found a sugar daddy. Even my teen aged granddaughter's friends said it looked like a good ride. But the Regal is more than just a pretty face. Seats are long distance comfortable, and the passenger seat has lumbar support, something that a lot of pricier cars don't have. (Wake up Lacrosse.) The interior is tastefully elegant. Fit and finish are excellent. Quiet, especially in regard to wind and engine noise, firm but comfortable ride that keeps driver alert. Handles nicely. Engine is adequate for my needs. Good brakes. Easy on tires. Reasonable gas mileage if I drive conservatively. I didn't know how to answer the questions on technology since I don't give a flip about navigation, Bluetooth etc. I don't even use cruise control. As for entertainment, I hardly ever turn of the radio. I'd prefer a manual emergency brake, but I can live with the electric unit. Few complaints. Visibility could be better, the headrests are too big and exterior mirrors too small. And I'm thinking of installing a backup camera. Rear obstacle sensors are useless. For some reason it's hard to keep the exterior clean. Back seat is a bit cramped for anyone over 5'10". I can't understand why this car doesn't hold its value. I've owned over 85 cars, starting with a 1929 Model A Ford, and I'd rate the Regal in the top five.

Black Beauty with a ugly side .
By A.M.

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our Regal that was nearly 4 years old with a 194 miles on it . It was a GM showcase car that sat in a wear house for 3 years . We got a great deal and loved the car .It has great looks with its Mettalic black paint and a great black leather interior. Even 5 years later we still get compliments on it is looks . Not long after we had it ,the engine started making a horrible noise. We found out there was a recall on the timing chain . Our local dealer took care of it and Buick provided us a rental car for the entire time . We have had our local Buick dealer provide all scheduled maintenance on it . Again after a year the noise came back and again the timing chain needed to be replaced. While still under factory warranty GM took care of it . Soon after our factory warranty ran out. Regretting that we did not purchase a extended warranty. Since our last GM cars have been great and with no issues .Now after 34000 miles our transmission went out and had to be totally rebuilt. Luckily Buick was able to cover 60% of the 3400. dollars that it was going to cost us . Now I am concerned about the reliability of this car and considering trading it in . Since it was a chilly night my wife and I both turned on our heated seats . We soon found out that the heated seats quit working . Then my wife went to move the power seat forward and we heard a grinding noise and the gears underneath the seat stripped out . I am convinced we now have a lemon . We are very disappointed since we both like the car but do not trust it anymore. With less than 35000 miles on it. We a now very concerned.

Don't pass this up!!! Seriously...
By Frank C

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Spent a long time looking at Lincolns, Caddys, Nissans, Passats, etc and was almost bored of test drives. They started to feel the same.
On a family members' suggestion, (I was trying to laugh it off) they suggested the Regal.
This Regal shocked me...no ride noise at hwy speeds, unbelievable handling on the equipped 18" tires, great styling (you really cannot tell its a Buick until you see the grille) and comfortable leather interior.
The lil 2.4 isn't a speed demon, BUT I am getting almost 29 hwy and 23 avg MPG and its a BLAST to drive.
A great value.

Fun Car
By Newton Farmer

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is a fun car to drive. It would be great if it had a little more horsepower. However, the 4 cyl. turbo has enough kick to be fun, and the sport transmission setting stiffens the handling enough to give the car a 'Corvettish' feel and like you are driving more than a family sedan. The gas mileage in town is average probably because I like to "goose it" for the thrill of the turbo kicking in. However, the trip mileage is phenomenal at easily 30+ mpg. The back seat room is a tad small and the car sits really low. However, I knew this going in and like the low slung look with the stock, wider than average tires. The only real gripe I have about the car are the dash gages. They are set back fairly deep in their chrome housings and maybe the lenses are not angled as well as they should be. These issues result in either too much glare or shadows too dark to read speedometer and everything else on bright, sunny days. I keep dash driver data screen set on MPH during the day so I can tell how fast I driving. The glare/shadow issues are really that bad.

Decide for yourself after you test drive this car.....
By prod3

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I read reviews when I purchase a car. But I also take the time to drive the cars I am interested in so I can judge for myself. Please take the time to check out a Buick Regal if you are shopping, especially the certified used ones that are available. I just spent two months shopping certified used Accords, Passats, Maximas, and even Mercedes C-Series. My car is a MB E500 and I'm a Mercedes fan. But my wife wanted a classy, sporty, good mpg, non-Mercedes car to replace her VW Passat. I thought for sure she would go for the Passat or one of the others. Then we drove a few Regals. Two weeks after driving the first Regal we bought one. Best car I think I've ever owned! Go drive one.

When we parked the Regal next to the Passat, Maxima, Accord, and the C-Series Mercedes, I liked the looks of the Mercedes the best. However, the Buick had a very unique look of its own and my wife actually liked it better. Now that it's in my driveway, I can honestly say it is super sharp looking. That and the well-appointed leather interior make this car a must drive and just a great buy. You get so much for your money compared to the others mentioned. I'm guessing the Regal is not as popular because everyone thinks it's their grandpas car, (like my wife did.) She didn't want to look at a Buick. This is why I'm encouraging you to at least go drive it and judge for yourself.

I could suggest improvements for all of the cars I have ever owned. The Regal is just a great car for the money. However, another factor in reviewing cars is the dealer you buy from. I hear complains here about dealers. I researched and found the Certified Used Regal I wanted, then went to buy it. It is a large New car dealer in our area, but the salesman we caught was terribly unprofessional. I got past that, I wasn't buying him, I was buying my Regal. I don't have to go back there, the Regal is Certified so we can get it serviced at any GM dealer we want! Get past the emotions of the deal, focus on the car, and you will hopefully not miss out on owning the car you really want.