2011 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Decide for yourself after you test drive this car.....
By prod3 on 10/07/14 18:03 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I read reviews when I purchase a car. But I also take the time to drive the cars I am interested in so I can judge for myself. Please take the time to check out a Buick Regal if you are shopping, especially the certified used ones that are available. I just spent two months shopping certified used Accords, Passats, Maximas, and even Mercedes C-Series. My car is a MB E500 and I'm a Mercedes fan. But my wife wanted a classy, sporty, good mpg, non-Mercedes car to replace her VW Passat. I thought for sure she would go for the Passat or one of the others. Then we drove a few Regals. Two weeks after driving the first Regal we bought one. Best car I think I've ever owned! Go drive one.

Noise
By budsgrandma on 09/16/14 13:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Has anyone experienced the noise coming from the air conditioner of the Buick Regal? I have taken it to the dealership several times, but of course, they can't hear it. I asked them to check the air conditioning unit, because when I turn the a/c off, the noise stops. Apparently if it doesn't show up in the computer, they won't do anything. I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this. By the way, I love my Regal, but the noise bugs me.

Love, Love, and Love
By roserita1 on 06/20/14 12:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love love love my Buick! Just purchased a 2011 CLX, the color I was not thrilled about because it was triple black but once inside WOW! I'm in my 60's but sassy and this is me all the way. Back in 1972 I had a tan Regal it was sporty as well and then it went to the parent look.. I tell you when I get in this car it makes me feel wonderful, its not to small but not big either, I looked at the Lacross it was much to large for me my children are all grown and on their own so I told the dealer it fit me and my purse just fine. If you have not driven it you own it to yourself to take a test drive you will be sold, another thrilled Buick owner.

Just OK
By nydogboy on 03/21/14 20:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The ladies love the sporty look, but, if you are more than 5'8" you'll be challenged to enter this car. It's quieter than my 2006 Malibu Maxx, which I kinda miss, but the transmission is very busy and you can hear every move it makes. It's hard to keep the RPMs under 2200 because it keeps shifting arpumd town. It is a pleasure to drive on the highway. I was hoping the 6-speed, 4 cylinder Regal would get better mileage than my v-6, 210 hpw Malibu Maxx...wrong. It's about the same. I like the car and hope to have it for 5 or more years, which I typically do.

Great car - so so navigation - repairs already?
By waxahachiejoe on 01/28/14 08:16 AM (PST)

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my 2011 Regal used with 18K miles on it. The car is great, and way more fun to drive than I thought. My navigation keeps resetting the time to an hour ahead, no matter how many times I set it. The navigation thinks I live in DC. I even paid for the $200 nav update disk and still the same. No traffic updates and no blue tooth streaming. I would not have bought this car had I known how horrible the nav is. The driver's heated seat does not work, and the auto a/c is way off. I have to set it to 80 degrees to get warm and 70 to cool off. I'm hoping a visit to the dealership will fix these issues but I shouldn't have to with 18K miles on it.

Sporty attention getting workhorse
By jcg6878 on 05/25/13 21:31 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Regal new. Great experience with the sales staff and VIP style service department. The car is beautiful. Even two years later I still get compliments and questions about it. It's a fun to drive comfortable sporty and luxurious. Fully loaded, money well-spent. I've driven the car from California to New York and back; made many road trips to Vegas. I punish the car daily in heavy L.A. traffic on extremely hot days, too. Very solid. Low maintenance. Only issue has been with the brakes. Pads were glazed and rotors warped at 8,000 miles. Replaced under warranty. Brakes and rotors again at 29,000--warranty will not cover this time. Car is fantastic otherwise.

What a buy!
By cbbll on 02/12/13 07:33 AM (PST)

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking for something with better gas mileage, stylish, and relatively roomy. I looked at several differnt options and never thought I would consider a Buick. When I drove this car, it instantly reminded me of our 09 Audi A4 with the way it handled. Of course, the acceleration doesn't quite compare, but it can still move right along. The black on black is very sharp and as a young professional, my friends and co workers laughed at me when I said I bought a Buick. That was until they saw the car. Now everyone wants to drive it!

WORST EXPERIENCE
By jlrankin248 on 10/10/12 06:37 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It was a great deal and loved how it drove, however it has been in the shop for a total of 46 days since leaseing it. the car will just stop working and will not go into gear. six times i had it back in with no resolution. was rear ended because of it quitting and then the transmission would not shift or when it did the whole car would shudder. it cost me money and a client who was stranded with me. I drove it into the dealer today and handed them the keys with 12 months left to go. Buick gave me all the excuses in the world save for finally sending out an engineer on the seventh try. I risked my life and that of my family's but not anymore. signed a lease for a 2013 Honda Accord.

Surprised by Buick!
By dap0922 on 07/30/12 13:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I didn't seek out a Buick when I started my search mainly based on the memories of the Buick's that my grandpa drove. Those were respectable cars at the time, but I was not interested in driving a "big boat". As a young professional, Buick seemed dated. I was looking for 3 things, 1)good gas mileage , 2) comfortable and high tech interior, 3) "head-turning" exterior styling - all at an good price of course. After looking at other cars for a few months, I came across the Regal. I hesitated at the thought of buying a Buick, but was blown away at the "reimagined" Brand. I was impressed at the styling and handling. This definitely isn't my grandpa's Buick!

I Love this Car!
By 82oldsroyale on 05/23/12 09:17 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I needed a car because I had an accident with my 02 Buick Park Ave. I did not consider the Lucerne, as this car was out dated already. I did look at the LaCrosse and feel in love with it, but it was out of my price range. So I looked at the Regal. At first I did not like it, I had issues with the size of the interior. Once I got over the initial size and became more open minded for what the Regal had to offer, I fell in love with it. The exterior styling is so sporty and the interior has so many standard options. The 2.4 engine takes some getting use to, but gets the job done. I just love driving this car! I love the stares I get when I pass people by! People cannot believe it is a Buick!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Buick Regal in VA is:

$121 per month*