Used 2011 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

2011 Buick Regal

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Decide for yourself after you test drive this car.....
By prod3

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I read reviews when I purchase a car. But I also take the time to drive the cars I am interested in so I can judge for myself. Please take the time to check out a Buick Regal if you are shopping, especially the certified used ones that are available. I just spent two months shopping certified used Accords, Passats, Maximas, and even Mercedes C-Series. My car is a MB E500 and I'm a Mercedes fan. But my wife wanted a classy, sporty, good mpg, non-Mercedes car to replace her VW Passat. I thought for sure she would go for the Passat or one of the others. Then we drove a few Regals. Two weeks after driving the first Regal we bought one. Best car I think I've ever owned! Go drive one.

Favorite Features

When we parked the Regal next to the Passat, Maxima, Accord, and the C-Series Mercedes, I liked the looks of the Mercedes the best. However, the Buick had a very unique look of its own and my wife actually liked it better. Now that it's in my driveway, I can honestly say it is super sharp looking. That and the well-appointed leather interior make this car a must drive and just a great buy. You get so much for your money compared to the others mentioned. I'm guessing the Regal is not as popular because everyone thinks it's their grandpas car, (like my wife did.) She didn't want to look at a Buick. This is why I'm encouraging you to at least go drive it and judge for yourself.

Suggested Improvements

I could suggest improvements for all of the cars I have ever owned. The Regal is just a great car for the money. However, another factor in reviewing cars is the dealer you buy from. I hear complains here about dealers. I researched and found the Certified Used Regal I wanted, then went to buy it. It is a large New car dealer in our area, but the salesman we caught was terribly unprofessional. I got past that, I wasn't buying him, I was buying my Regal. I don't have to go back there, the Regal is Certified so we can get it serviced at any GM dealer we want! Get past the emotions of the deal, focus on the car, and you will hopefully not miss out on owning the car you really want.

Noise
By budsgrandma

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Has anyone experienced the noise coming from the air conditioner of the Buick Regal? I have taken it to the dealership several times, but of course, they can't hear it. I asked them to check the air conditioning unit, because when I turn the a/c off, the noise stops. Apparently if it doesn't show up in the computer, they won't do anything. I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this. By the way, I love my Regal, but the noise bugs me.

Suggested Improvements

In addition to the above, make the interior more sound proof.

Love, Love, and Love
By roserita1

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love love love my Buick! Just purchased a 2011 CLX, the color I was not thrilled about because it was triple black but once inside WOW! I'm in my 60's but sassy and this is me all the way. Back in 1972 I had a tan Regal it was sporty as well and then it went to the parent look.. I tell you when I get in this car it makes me feel wonderful, its not to small but not big either, I looked at the Lacross it was much to large for me my children are all grown and on their own so I told the dealer it fit me and my purse just fine. If you have not driven it you own it to yourself to take a test drive you will be sold, another thrilled Buick owner.

Suggested Improvements

Mirrors are shaped weird so you need to get use to that.

Just OK
By nydogboy

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The ladies love the sporty look, but, if you are more than 5'8" you'll be challenged to enter this car. It's quieter than my 2006 Malibu Maxx, which I kinda miss, but the transmission is very busy and you can hear every move it makes. It's hard to keep the RPMs under 2200 because it keeps shifting arpumd town. It is a pleasure to drive on the highway. I was hoping the 6-speed, 4 cylinder Regal would get better mileage than my v-6, 210 hpw Malibu Maxx...wrong. It's about the same. I like the car and hope to have it for 5 or more years, which I typically do.

Favorite Features

Love the info center. It even shows the tire pressure for each individual tire. Also enjoy the digital speedometer. The sound system is ok. The leather heated seats and the separate controls for heat/cool works very well.

Suggested Improvements

Make it easier to get into. Quiet the transmission down. Wish I would have shopped harder, but !6,000 and only 23,000 miles was too tempting.

Great car - so so navigation - repairs already?
By waxahachiejoe

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my 2011 Regal used with 18K miles on it. The car is great, and way more fun to drive than I thought. My navigation keeps resetting the time to an hour ahead, no matter how many times I set it. The navigation thinks I live in DC. I even paid for the $200 nav update disk and still the same. No traffic updates and no blue tooth streaming. I would not have bought this car had I known how horrible the nav is. The driver's heated seat does not work, and the auto a/c is way off. I have to set it to 80 degrees to get warm and 70 to cool off. I'm hoping a visit to the dealership will fix these issues but I shouldn't have to with 18K miles on it.

Favorite Features

Good styling and handling. Fun to drive. Good looking interior. Inexpensive used

Suggested Improvements

Fix the navigation issues. Traffic updates and Bluetooth streaming should be included with the navigation, other brands do. Car shouldn't have problems with 18K miles on it.