Used 2011 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Good ol' Bruno
By John H. Wilde

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is not most people's idea of a Buick. Our chocolate brown Regal turns heads! When I loaned it to my daughter co-workers asked her if she'd found a sugar daddy. Even my teen aged granddaughter's friends said it looked like a good ride. But the Regal is more than just a pretty face. Seats are long distance comfortable, and the passenger seat has lumbar support, something that a lot of pricier cars don't have. (Wake up Lacrosse.) The interior is tastefully elegant. Fit and finish are excellent. Quiet, especially in regard to wind and engine noise, firm but comfortable ride that keeps driver alert. Handles nicely. Engine is adequate for my needs. Good brakes. Easy on tires. Reasonable gas mileage if I drive conservatively. I didn't know how to answer the questions on technology since I don't give a flip about navigation, Bluetooth etc. I don't even use cruise control. As for entertainment, I hardly ever turn of the radio. I'd prefer a manual emergency brake, but I can live with the electric unit. Few complaints. Visibility could be better, the headrests are too big and exterior mirrors too small. And I'm thinking of installing a backup camera. Rear obstacle sensors are useless. For some reason it's hard to keep the exterior clean. Back seat is a bit cramped for anyone over 5'10". I can't understand why this car doesn't hold its value. I've owned over 85 cars, starting with a 1929 Model A Ford, and I'd rate the Regal in the top five.

Black Beauty with a ugly side .
By A.M.

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our Regal that was nearly 4 years old with a 194 miles on it . It was a GM showcase car that sat in a wear house for 3 years . We got a great deal and loved the car .It has great looks with its Mettalic black paint and a great black leather interior. Even 5 years later we still get compliments on it is looks . Not long after we had it ,the engine started making a horrible noise. We found out there was a recall on the timing chain . Our local dealer took care of it and Buick provided us a rental car for the entire time . We have had our local Buick dealer provide all scheduled maintenance on it . Again after a year the noise came back and again the timing chain needed to be replaced. While still under factory warranty GM took care of it . Soon after our factory warranty ran out. Regretting that we did not purchase a extended warranty. Since our last GM cars have been great and with no issues .Now after 34000 miles our transmission went out and had to be totally rebuilt. Luckily Buick was able to cover 60% of the 3400. dollars that it was going to cost us . Now I am concerned about the reliability of this car and considering trading it in . Since it was a chilly night my wife and I both turned on our heated seats . We soon found out that the heated seats quit working . Then my wife went to move the power seat forward and we heard a grinding noise and the gears underneath the seat stripped out . I am convinced we now have a lemon . We are very disappointed since we both like the car but do not trust it anymore. With less than 35000 miles on it. We a now very concerned.

Don't pass this up!!! Seriously...
By Frank C

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Spent a long time looking at Lincolns, Caddys, Nissans, Passats, etc and was almost bored of test drives. They started to feel the same.
On a family members' suggestion, (I was trying to laugh it off) they suggested the Regal.
This Regal shocked me...no ride noise at hwy speeds, unbelievable handling on the equipped 18" tires, great styling (you really cannot tell its a Buick until you see the grille) and comfortable leather interior.
The lil 2.4 isn't a speed demon, BUT I am getting almost 29 hwy and 23 avg MPG and its a BLAST to drive.
A great value.

Nice car but suprisingly lower gas mileage
By Rob C

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I should have read up more on the actual gas mileage folks are getting. The sportiness and looks and features are great. The radio is too many buttons and they have changed it on newer models. My 2015 F150 Supercrew 2.7 Ecoboost (twin turbo) mileage advertised is 19/26. I averaged 18 all around but mid to high 20's on highway. I would have thought this tiny regal would do better just looking at it's small size. It looks almost exactly like the Verano until you see the swooping curve on the side is opposite. It feels compact but labeled a mid size. Nice to drive, fun even. I like it but many other cars loaded similarly do better on gas and the larger buicks can even beat it. Overall happy I just did not expect truck like gas mileage but it is a lot easier to part. 13K for a 2011 with 48K miles. I was shopping for a Cadillac CTS but when I saw this I jumped on it. The European styling similar to a BMW/AUDI is nice. Overall happy and trying like crazy to keep the foot pedal off the floor for better mileage, the first fill up the average was 16mpg....

Fun Car
By Newton Farmer

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is a fun car to drive. It would be great if it had a little more horsepower. However, the 4 cyl. turbo has enough kick to be fun, and the sport transmission setting stiffens the handling enough to give the car a 'Corvettish' feel and like you are driving more than a family sedan. The gas mileage in town is average probably because I like to "goose it" for the thrill of the turbo kicking in. However, the trip mileage is phenomenal at easily 30+ mpg. The back seat room is a tad small and the car sits really low. However, I knew this going in and like the low slung look with the stock, wider than average tires. The only real gripe I have about the car are the dash gages. They are set back fairly deep in their chrome housings and maybe the lenses are not angled as well as they should be. These issues result in either too much glare or shadows too dark to read speedometer and everything else on bright, sunny days. I keep dash driver data screen set on MPH during the day so I can tell how fast I driving. The glare/shadow issues are really that bad.