Used 2011 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

2011 Buick Regal

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Don't pass this up!!! Seriously...
By Frank C

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Spent a long time looking at Lincolns, Caddys, Nissans, Passats, etc and was almost bored of test drives. They started to feel the same.
On a family members' suggestion, (I was trying to laugh it off) they suggested the Regal.
This Regal shocked me...no ride noise at hwy speeds, unbelievable handling on the equipped 18" tires, great styling (you really cannot tell its a Buick until you see the grille) and comfortable leather interior.
The lil 2.4 isn't a speed demon, BUT I am getting almost 29 hwy and 23 avg MPG and its a BLAST to drive.
A great value.

Nice car but suprisingly lower gas mileage
By Rob C

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I should have read up more on the actual gas mileage folks are getting. The sportiness and looks and features are great. The radio is too many buttons and they have changed it on newer models. My 2015 F150 Supercrew 2.7 Ecoboost (twin turbo) mileage advertised is 19/26. I averaged 18 all around but mid to high 20's on highway. I would have thought this tiny regal would do better just looking at it's small size. It looks almost exactly like the Verano until you see the swooping curve on the side is opposite. It feels compact but labeled a mid size. Nice to drive, fun even. I like it but many other cars loaded similarly do better on gas and the larger buicks can even beat it. Overall happy I just did not expect truck like gas mileage but it is a lot easier to part. 13K for a 2011 with 48K miles. I was shopping for a Cadillac CTS but when I saw this I jumped on it. The European styling similar to a BMW/AUDI is nice. Overall happy and trying like crazy to keep the foot pedal off the floor for better mileage, the first fill up the average was 16mpg....

Fun Car
By Newton Farmer

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is a fun car to drive. It would be great if it had a little more horsepower. However, the 4 cyl. turbo has enough kick to be fun, and the sport transmission setting stiffens the handling enough to give the car a 'Corvettish' feel and like you are driving more than a family sedan. The gas mileage in town is average probably because I like to "goose it" for the thrill of the turbo kicking in. However, the trip mileage is phenomenal at easily 30+ mpg. The back seat room is a tad small and the car sits really low. However, I knew this going in and like the low slung look with the stock, wider than average tires. The only real gripe I have about the car are the dash gages. They are set back fairly deep in their chrome housings and maybe the lenses are not angled as well as they should be. These issues result in either too much glare or shadows too dark to read speedometer and everything else on bright, sunny days. I keep dash driver data screen set on MPH during the day so I can tell how fast I driving. The glare/shadow issues are really that bad.

Euro Car Snob Goes Domestic
By ajkiniowa

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is really an amazing value and design. My Buick was made in Germany. In the rest of the world it is an Opel Insignia which has been a European Car of the Year several times. I also drive a Volvo, which in my opinion, has the best seats of any car maker - hence I can't laud the Buick's seats. They are comfortable and I can drive for hours without any discomfort.
The technology takes a bit of time to learn. If you can read a manual, watch a DVD and Google you can learn these electronics easily. I DO NOT like the electric parking brake! Call me old school, but I would be happy to have a mechanical interface return.
In emergency maneuvers, the car rivals any vehicle I have owned - BMW, Volvo, Audi, Saab, etc.... In some ways it is even better with the Stabilitrak stepping in to direct the car accordingly and allow one to avoid potential accidents without relying on anti-lock braking. The brakes are also stellar.
The interior is exceedingly quiet. I have found myself speeding more in this vehicle then probably any other I have owned. It handles well and in Sport mode is very tuned in and fast.
The headlights are also incredible - almost like daylight. I also want to praise the Harman Kardon sound system, quite amazing.
I think driving the car will speak for itself. As a certified vehicle there have been no maintenance or out of pocket costs and my local dealer is super.

Decide for yourself after you test drive this car.....
By prod3

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I read reviews when I purchase a car. But I also take the time to drive the cars I am interested in so I can judge for myself. Please take the time to check out a Buick Regal if you are shopping, especially the certified used ones that are available. I just spent two months shopping certified used Accords, Passats, Maximas, and even Mercedes C-Series. My car is a MB E500 and I'm a Mercedes fan. But my wife wanted a classy, sporty, good mpg, non-Mercedes car to replace her VW Passat. I thought for sure she would go for the Passat or one of the others. Then we drove a few Regals. Two weeks after driving the first Regal we bought one. Best car I think I've ever owned! Go drive one.

When we parked the Regal next to the Passat, Maxima, Accord, and the C-Series Mercedes, I liked the looks of the Mercedes the best. However, the Buick had a very unique look of its own and my wife actually liked it better. Now that it's in my driveway, I can honestly say it is super sharp looking. That and the well-appointed leather interior make this car a must drive and just a great buy. You get so much for your money compared to the others mentioned. I'm guessing the Regal is not as popular because everyone thinks it's their grandpas car, (like my wife did.) She didn't want to look at a Buick. This is why I'm encouraging you to at least go drive it and judge for yourself.

I could suggest improvements for all of the cars I have ever owned. The Regal is just a great car for the money. However, another factor in reviewing cars is the dealer you buy from. I hear complains here about dealers. I researched and found the Certified Used Regal I wanted, then went to buy it. It is a large New car dealer in our area, but the salesman we caught was terribly unprofessional. I got past that, I wasn't buying him, I was buying my Regal. I don't have to go back there, the Regal is Certified so we can get it serviced at any GM dealer we want! Get past the emotions of the deal, focus on the car, and you will hopefully not miss out on owning the car you really want.