2004 Buick Regal Consumer Review: One Buick Regal GS is not enou

2004 Buick Regal - Consumer Review

GS Sedan (3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic)

One Buick Regal GS is not enough
By MLS on

2004 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

After totalling my 1998 Buick Regal GS, I could only find 2 GS' on-line. One in Trenton, NJ area and the other in White Plains, NY. I emailed Coleman and the salesman called the next morning. A pristine condition fully loaded 2004 Black GS just off a three year lease with 42k enticed me to drive over 50 miles to see it. After getting the sticker reduced by over $1000, and seeing the excellent shape of the black paint, I bought it. Now I have a car that I know and love and am making sure that all the tips and techniques that I put into the first will go into the second. I also got an extended 3 year and 36k mile Major Guard Coverage GM Protection Plan, which was mostly paid for by my savings.

Clearly the Regal, which looks like the family sedan, Century, is what is known as a "sleeper". It does not attract unwanted attention and can out perform 90% of the vehicles out there. And the 10% it cannot out perform, it can out drive because it does not look like the quick car like the others.

As with my old GS, I upgraded the stereo adding a monoblock amp & subwoffer. I lowered the suspension with Eibachs-but I do not recommend it as the sidewalls of the Goodyear Assurance tires cause a bouncing effect on local streets. I added a hood plastic clear bra to protect the paint from chipping.