Used 2004 Buick Regal LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Feels comfy and safe
By Mike

2004 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this used car because we have a 1999 LeSabre that just want die. It has 252,000 miles but feels like a boat riding the waves. I thought to myself, I'd love this drive-train in a smaller car that handles better. Then, my favorite local dealer gets in this Regal. I loved it from the first drive. Got a great price and now I'm lovin' it. Who cares if my friends think I'm an old man now. They're paying alot more to be cool than I am. HA.

comfort and durability

cup holder is a little odd, but works ok.

Perfect All-Around Reliable Car
By Shadowtrax

2004 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car initially as a third car for when the parents visited - but ended up driving it to work and around town and longer trips because it is so comfortable and gets great gas mileage with the 3800 V6. Yes, I'm in my late 30's and we just wanted a 'old folk's' car for when our elderly parents flew in to visit a few times a year, but my wife and I discovered that the Regal was comfortable to drive, and got great mileage for a work/highway car. We currently own a BMW 3-series and an Infiniti G35x, and yes, we both agree this has a 'different', yet comfortable ride, and a feeling of roominess in the cabin unlike our sporty cars - never had a single issue with it - we enjoy it!

Roomy cabin feel. Good gas mileage. Great trunk space. Simple, yet functional. Very reliable and inexpensive to maintain. Great turning radius. Nice, spacious seats that tilt AND rock, unlike most all new car seats. Very reasonable price if you find one used.

For a used vehicle which has such a reasonable used price tag, good reliability, comfort, and low maintenance costs, you can't go wrong getting one for a daily driver, a spare car, or for your high school/college student.

Grandma Car that isn't for Grandma!
By Laura

2004 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

One of the best GM cars I have ever owned! Suspension and ride are great for long or short trips and it corners like a champ. Road noise is a but much at times, though. Gas mileage is good. Heated leather seats are terrific in the winter. I was able to get out of deep snow up the hill without any difficulty but had to push my friend in her Jeep! I am just getting around to replacing the original struts and have replaced two wheel bearings so far. Other than regular maintenance there is nothing out of the ordinary with repairs. I have loaded it with 2x4's and am getting a hitch and bike rack next week. Hate to see GM axe the 3.8 v6, though. Big mistake, boys!!!! Big mistake.

Lots of pep, punch and handles really well. Corners like a champ! Punch the accelerator and it will move. Suspension is great and my back isn't killing after a 4 hour drive on the wonderful Michigan highways.

GM needs to keep the 3.8 v6 engine. They are doing away with the best v6 that is made. Huge mistake, HUGE!!!

Best Car I've Owned So Far
By R. T. Brandon

2004 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I average 28-29 mpg on the highway if I keep it under 65 and city mileage isn't bad either (usually just under 20 mpg). My Regal is comfortable on long and short drives. My only complaint is road noise. It can get loud on grooved pavement. After 40000 miles the body is still tight with no squeaks and rattles. The 3.8 liter engine is peppy for a V6 and acceleration is adequate enough to enter freeways and pass other vehicles on 2-lane highways. I have enjoyed this car and hope to drive it for many more years.

Peppy V6. Decent stock AM/FM/CD and speakers. Great gas mileage. Comfortable leather seats. Smooth ride

Well since they're not making the Regal any longer I guess there's no sense suggesting that they insulate the car better for road noise.

Dated technology, Great car
By Mike

2004 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Fantastic driving experience. Handling a little loose compared to Euros and Japanese, but ride so much more elegannt than anything in its price class Styling might be old, but lines are clean and European inspired. Looks a lot like my brother's Mercedes at a fraction of the cost. Great bargain.

Large seats, comfortable, good support Engine smooth as silk Good turning circle and braking. Excellent audio system

Interior materials could improved on base model