2004 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Feels comfy and safe
By Mike on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this used car because we have a 1999 LeSabre that just want die. It has 252,000 miles but feels like a boat riding the waves. I thought to myself, I'd love this drive-train in a smaller car that handles better. Then, my favorite local dealer gets in this Regal. I loved it from the first drive. Got a great price and now I'm lovin' it. Who cares if my friends think I'm an old man now. They're paying alot more to be cool than I am. HA.

Perfect All-Around Reliable Car
By Shadowtrax on 07/18/10 00:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car initially as a third car for when the parents visited - but ended up driving it to work and around town and longer trips because it is so comfortable and gets great gas mileage with the 3800 V6. Yes, I'm in my late 30's and we just wanted a 'old folk's' car for when our elderly parents flew in to visit a few times a year, but my wife and I discovered that the Regal was comfortable to drive, and got great mileage for a work/highway car. We currently own a BMW 3-series and an Infiniti G35x, and yes, we both agree this has a 'different', yet comfortable ride, and a feeling of roominess in the cabin unlike our sporty cars - never had a single issue with it - we enjoy it!

Grandma Car that isn't for Grandma!
By Laura on 07/06/09 15:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

One of the best GM cars I have ever owned! Suspension and ride are great for long or short trips and it corners like a champ. Road noise is a but much at times, though. Gas mileage is good. Heated leather seats are terrific in the winter. I was able to get out of deep snow up the hill without any difficulty but had to push my friend in her Jeep! I am just getting around to replacing the original struts and have replaced two wheel bearings so far. Other than regular maintenance there is nothing out of the ordinary with repairs. I have loaded it with 2x4's and am getting a hitch and bike rack next week. Hate to see GM axe the 3.8 v6, though. Big mistake, boys!!!! Big mistake.

Best Car I've Owned So Far
By R. T. Brandon on 05/29/08 11:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I average 28-29 mpg on the highway if I keep it under 65 and city mileage isn't bad either (usually just under 20 mpg). My Regal is comfortable on long and short drives. My only complaint is road noise. It can get loud on grooved pavement. After 40000 miles the body is still tight with no squeaks and rattles. The 3.8 liter engine is peppy for a V6 and acceleration is adequate enough to enter freeways and pass other vehicles on 2-lane highways. I have enjoyed this car and hope to drive it for many more years.

One Buick Regal GS is not enough
By MLS on 01/24/08 11:58 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

After totalling my 1998 Buick Regal GS, I could only find 2 GS' on-line. One in Trenton, NJ area and the other in White Plains, NY. I emailed Coleman and the salesman called the next morning. A pristine condition fully loaded 2004 Black GS just off a three year lease with 42k enticed me to drive over 50 miles to see it. After getting the sticker reduced by over $1000, and seeing the excellent shape of the black paint, I bought it. Now I have a car that I know and love and am making sure that all the tips and techniques that I put into the first will go into the second. I also got an extended 3 year and 36k mile Major Guard Coverage GM Protection Plan, which was mostly paid for by my savings.

Dated technology, Great car
By Mike on 02/18/06 17:15 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Fantastic driving experience. Handling a little loose compared to Euros and Japanese, but ride so much more elegannt than anything in its price class Styling might be old, but lines are clean and European inspired. Looks a lot like my brother's Mercedes at a fraction of the cost. Great bargain.

2004 Regal GS
By Bob G on 01/05/06 00:53 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I love this car! Had a 99 GS, loved it too. Handsome, traditional exterior, roomy & comfortable inside. Nice seats. Lots of power, and a marvelous auto trans. Outstanding MPG on trips, especially considering the power. Quiet, comfortable ride, feels solid, no rattles. Big trunk. Both of these vehicles have been utterly reliable, and very inexpensive to maintain. A lot of folks laugh at the idea of a Buick, but I only need to impress myself. They're welcome to their expensive, maintenance-intensive German ego props. This Buick's a terrific buy, and I'm sorry they won't be making any more in 5 years.

Regal Buick 2004
By cheyrfox on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great automobile. Value packaged. Quality American craftsmanship via Canada. This is a nice ride with very good handling and ergonomics.

Ron's review
By mickyfinn on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

this car has the most comfortable seats my wife and i have experienced. We had a 1999 Regal and loved it. Now we are trying a new 2004. The gas mileage is great and the comfort is also great. There is plenty of power and the engine is one of Buick's best.

Great Buick
By Phil Rossignol on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have put 55,000 on my Regal without one single issue. I find it very comfortable on a long trip with enough seat adjustments to tune my comfort. The ride is smooth and the car performes well at the higher speeds. The visability is very good and the trunk size with fold down back seats is very useful.