Used 2004 Buick Regal LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Regal

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

2004 Regal LS
By hatessuvs

2004 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a co. car-leased-I wouldn't buy it for myself. Drivetrain is smooth and powerful enuf-get about 23MPG combined c/hghwy. Handling is adequate with Gr. Sprt. suspension and 16" tires-the stock suspension and 15"rs must be awfully bad. Ride is good and very quiet on hghwy-just don't take turns too aggresively. Interior layout is good, though 1980's cruise location on left stalk behind steering wheel is old- tech. Leather seats have zero lumbar support-had to purchase aftermarket device to add to seat to save my back! Depreciation on this car is brutal, too. Advice-take your $27K and get an Accord or Camry!

Favorite Features

Dual-zone auto climate, quiet ride, heated seats, relatively good fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Put cruise on steering wheel, tighten up exterior panel gaps (the one between the trunk and rear quarters is huge!), redesign exterior (LaCrosse is coming, I hear), redesign seat ergonomics or offer free chiropractic services to owners.

Love the Regal .....
By nlebanks

2004 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Had a 1999 Buick Regal and loved it..... no problems, thus I went back and purchased another. For a divorced gal that I am I need something that is DEPENDABLE!! I had only 25,000 miles on my previous Buick Regal, but it was time to get a new one. Thank you so much!!

Favorite Features

Everything is easy and accesible. I was taught to keep my eyes and thoughts on the road when driving, easy to do with this car.

Suggested Improvements

I'm happy with what I have...

Perfect All-Around Reliable Car
By Shadowtrax

2004 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car initially as a third car for when the parents visited - but ended up driving it to work and around town and longer trips because it is so comfortable and gets great gas mileage with the 3800 V6. Yes, I'm in my late 30's and we just wanted a 'old folk's' car for when our elderly parents flew in to visit a few times a year, but my wife and I discovered that the Regal was comfortable to drive, and got great mileage for a work/highway car. We currently own a BMW 3-series and an Infiniti G35x, and yes, we both agree this has a 'different', yet comfortable ride, and a feeling of roominess in the cabin unlike our sporty cars - never had a single issue with it - we enjoy it!

Favorite Features

Roomy cabin feel. Good gas mileage. Great trunk space. Simple, yet functional. Very reliable and inexpensive to maintain. Great turning radius. Nice, spacious seats that tilt AND rock, unlike most all new car seats. Very reasonable price if you find one used.

Suggested Improvements

For a used vehicle which has such a reasonable used price tag, good reliability, comfort, and low maintenance costs, you can't go wrong getting one for a daily driver, a spare car, or for your high school/college student.

Dated technology, Great car
By Mike

2004 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Fantastic driving experience. Handling a little loose compared to Euros and Japanese, but ride so much more elegannt than anything in its price class Styling might be old, but lines are clean and European inspired. Looks a lot like my brother's Mercedes at a fraction of the cost. Great bargain.

Favorite Features

Large seats, comfortable, good support Engine smooth as silk Good turning circle and braking. Excellent audio system

Suggested Improvements

Interior materials could improved on base model

Best Car I've Owned So Far
By R. T. Brandon

2004 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I average 28-29 mpg on the highway if I keep it under 65 and city mileage isn't bad either (usually just under 20 mpg). My Regal is comfortable on long and short drives. My only complaint is road noise. It can get loud on grooved pavement. After 40000 miles the body is still tight with no squeaks and rattles. The 3.8 liter engine is peppy for a V6 and acceleration is adequate enough to enter freeways and pass other vehicles on 2-lane highways. I have enjoyed this car and hope to drive it for many more years.

Favorite Features

Peppy V6. Decent stock AM/FM/CD and speakers. Great gas mileage. Comfortable leather seats. Smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Well since they're not making the Regal any longer I guess there's no sense suggesting that they insulate the car better for road noise.