Used 2003 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

My New Baby
By LeeLee

2003 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love the ride and handling of this car. It drives like a luxury sedan.

I love the key entry and the radio controls on the steering wheel.

Sleeker design, needs to look sportier.

Buick Regal GS 2003
By micmo

2003 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My fully loaded Regal GS Aboud compares quite favorably with enrty level BMW, Infiniti, Caddy, Lexus, and Toyota. I am very impressed with the aspirated engine and the tight handling. It compares well to my Mercedes in craftsmanship as well. Seating comfort is very good and the leather heated/adjustable seats are above average. The cabin quiet is greatly appreciated and the Monsoon stereo system is pleasing indeed. The year end pricing of this vehicle made the difference for me. The trunk could be shorter giving a bit more rear leg room to the passengers and the dash is too reflective on bright days.

Power, comfort, and handling are above average. The creature comforts of dual zone AC, Monsoon stereo, heated leather/power seats, and Aboud package make this a very nice car. Easy to maintain. Two tone paint makes it a looker beyond Edmunds opinion.

Trunk is too long making for uncomfortable retrieval of goods. Faux pax wood interior is un cool. Dash should not glisten in the sun.

Buick Regal GS: A Dream Come True
By miltonfrty7

2003 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have never owned a car that performs like my Regal GS. My Regal has 92,000 miles and runs beautifully. People to this day cannot believe that I drive a 1998 model because it looks so new. I have had the oil changed faithfully every 2 to 3 thousand miles. I make sure that every option is in good working order. I keep the car in mint condition because I love the car. It is beautiful, comfortable, reliable, and has every option available. The supercharger makes a huge difference in the engine performance which produces 240hp (the most powerful engine in its class). I love the car!

The powerful engine. The beauty of the car. The heated front seats. Delay door lock. Low tire warning sensors. Traction control

I have replaced the cup holder on the front seat console twice. It costs $1000 to repair a heated seat!!!(a bit excessive). A little more headroom would be nice.

Hard to beat!
By gliverson

2003 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car has just about everything a person could need: comfort, reasonable costs, low maint, good mileage, fun to drive. Not a hot rod, but it handles very well, and is zippy with the V-6.

Comfortable interior, yet simple and classy with leather seats. The only way for this car to be of any road value is to include the "Touring suspension" package: costs very little more, but without it, it is a mush ball like the average Century Model is.

They should try to keep away from all the computer controlled stuff: if that fails, it could be expensive. It does work very nicely tough

A real scorcher
By badge 13

2003 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

A fun car to drive. Lots of power and handling is very good. First car I've had that had absolutely no defects from the time I acquired it four months ago. With the Joseph Abood decor it could become a collector's item. From the outside it may be nondescript but it doesn't take a back seat to any six cylinder when it comes to power.

The supercharged 249 hp engine, the all leather Joseph Abood interior.

Needs compass in rear view mirror, larger and more convenient front ashtray, remote seat placement for two drivers, speedometer should go above 120, air-heat vent for rear seat.