2003 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
2003 Buick Regal
By 2003libby on 06/13/14 06:14 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Never was a GM fan but heard others brag about the 3.8 motor so much thought that I would give it a shot. Let just say this car put the nails in the coffin as far as having GM vehicles in my household. Engine stalled out while going down highway @ 75 mph and had to manual steer the vehicle to the shoulder during heavy traffic was a scare to say the least. After some research, apparently it is a common problem with the 3.8 motor!? I don't know how people are okay with a vehicle can just stall out in any giving time and feel safe having their love ones driving it. I was glad it was me driving it when it stalled out and not my pregnant wife. Got it "fixed" and few days later problem reoccurred.

03 REGAL LS ABBOUD
By joba244 on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because we already had a 1996 gran sport that is a dream to drive especially for long trips, so i was kinda curious as to the new version. It is just right for power and comfort but there has been lots of added or improved features by the competition so it is feeling its age. Joseph Abboud spec has a sports set up I think, and it does not come close to the gran sport for ride comfort.Albeit a great family hauler.

solid auto
By farm boy on 05/17/10 19:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is bulletproof. I was a loyal acura/honda owner. I bought this car to resell. I bought if from a private owner. All I can say is wow, I can't believe an american car is this good. Needless to say I won't be selling this car for a loooonnnngggg time.

I loved this car!
By Betty on 04/22/10 08:43 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a 03 Regal for 6 years. I got it used with 13,000 miles. It now has 95,000 miles. The only reason I am getting rid of it is to get a SUV that will hold 3 car seats.

bulletproof
By fast black on 11/11/09 16:31 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is bulletproof. I don't know if I will live long enough to wear out the motor. Really this is one tough car.

03 Regal LS AT
By ArizonaBoy on 07/26/09 15:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car about 8 months ago, and it had 49k miles on it. Now it's got 61k, with no problems. Well, no problems other than the window regulator that I replaced. But that was cheap and easy. Kinda like my first wife. I love this car. The seats are quite possibly the most comfortable that I've ever sat upon. Leather interior is very nice looking and very sturdy. The mileage for this powerful 3.8L V6 is amazing. I drive mostly on the highway, and I've been getting 29.1 mpg. My wife's 07 Altima 2.5L 4cyl gets the same. I'd rather drive my 03 Regal than the 07 Altima (and it's loaded!). I'd buy it again!

Exceptional reliability
By Species8472 on 12/20/08 10:16 AM (PST)

2003 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for 5.5 years. I have not had a single problem with it since my purchase. In comparison, my wife drives a Lexus 330 RX 2004. We've had numerous problems and it has been a far less reliable car. I highly recommend the Buick Regal 2003.

Best year for this model car
By steven on 06/29/08 19:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned two other Buick Regals, a 2001 and 1999 which was recently totaled. Both were good cars. I got over 300k on the 2001 before it got too expensive to keep up. This newly acquired 2003 model is just like new! The first week I had the car I drove to Charleston, SC from Anderson, SC. I got outstanding gas mileage. I had 2 other passengers plus luggage so we were not running on little weight here. Also had the air on all the time. I couldn't believe it! We got 35 mpg! Best ever in a Regal LS. The other Buick's I'd owned got around 27 mpg which was doing OK I thought. I was just blown away with the nice ride this 2003 model has. According to CR this model is the best.

A used Buick
By Jim on 06/25/08 17:00 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 1 1/2 ago with 68 K miles. Solid (hey, it's a Buick). Quiet. Great ride. Great acceleration. 24 mpg city, 31.8 hwy when car had over 80 K miles. Outstanding for the 3800 engine. Back passenger window has a short. Has to replace the corroded power steering line for about $130.

I've always wanted one of these
By Poor Boy on 03/02/06 08:17 AM (PST)

2003 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I liked the Regals when I was a kid and saw the mid-80s models and thought they were great then, and still do. I finally got my hands on this one, and though I've only owned it for a few hundred miles, I'm already in love. When you kick it, it moves. The ride is comfortable, but you can feel the road and remember that you are, in fact, driving. Buick has the greatest seats ever put into any car, bar none. I'm a happy camper.