Used 2003 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

2003 Buick Regal
By 2003libby

2003 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Never was a GM fan but heard others brag about the 3.8 motor so much thought that I would give it a shot. Let just say this car put the nails in the coffin as far as having GM vehicles in my household. Engine stalled out while going down highway @ 75 mph and had to manual steer the vehicle to the shoulder during heavy traffic was a scare to say the least. After some research, apparently it is a common problem with the 3.8 motor!? I don't know how people are okay with a vehicle can just stall out in any giving time and feel safe having their love ones driving it. I was glad it was me driving it when it stalled out and not my pregnant wife. Got it "fixed" and few days later problem reoccurred.

-When the engine runs good, it gets decent power and fuel economy. (That's only when it runs good) -Transmission shifts smooth. -Leather seats are comfy. -Sound is decent. -Quiet ride (with that being said, you can hear all these cheap plastic trims vibrate and rub against each other)

(crack fingers) Here we go, -Front seat cup holders are junk (common problem) -Trunk button is in the glove box? -Dual climate control doesn't always work (common problem) -Steering wheel control buttons are flicky -Odometer doesn't work (common problem) -Just expect CEL is always going to be on for something. Matter of fact, you are lucky if CEL is the only light that is on. -Overall choice of material is sub-par -And if you didn't read my review, THE ENGINE CAN STALLS OUT IN ANY GIVING MOMENT!!! In sum, if you are poor like me only have $3000 to spend on a car. Go buy yourself a Camry or Accord. Quality is proven through time not advertisement.

03 REGAL LS ABBOUD
By joba244

2003 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because we already had a 1996 gran sport that is a dream to drive especially for long trips, so i was kinda curious as to the new version. It is just right for power and comfort but there has been lots of added or improved features by the competition so it is feeling its age. Joseph Abboud spec has a sports set up I think, and it does not come close to the gran sport for ride comfort.Albeit a great family hauler.

The power and reliability.

Fog lights that make a difference to road visibility and redisign those cupholders please.

solid auto
By farm boy

2003 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is bulletproof. I was a loyal acura/honda owner. I bought this car to resell. I bought if from a private owner. All I can say is wow, I can't believe an american car is this good. Needless to say I won't be selling this car for a loooonnnngggg time.

Rock solid. Killer motor, a real stealth machine, the police don't even notice me.

Sportier suspension.

I loved this car!
By Betty

2003 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a 03 Regal for 6 years. I got it used with 13,000 miles. It now has 95,000 miles. The only reason I am getting rid of it is to get a SUV that will hold 3 car seats.

Sporty to drive!

bulletproof
By fast black

2003 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is bulletproof. I don't know if I will live long enough to wear out the motor. Really this is one tough car.

Drivetrain