Who would've thought I'd rather have a Buick?
By newportbob on
2002 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
Having never owned a GM car, I was not sure what to expect. I'd done a lot of research and, for the value, the Buick Regal kept coming up. I found a beauty, a 2002 for $3,000. Looks and runs like new, great power, luscious leather interior (spotless), one of the finest sound systems I've ever heard, hugs the road like a bear. I absolutely love this car. The only other car I loved this much was a 1974 Volvo that we put 360,000 miles on. I don't know if I'll get the same with the Regal, but I do know that maintenance is key to vehicle longevity. We'll see!
Favorite Features
I gotta say the concert sound system is outstanding. Also the driver's seat comfort and adjustability. And I really like the way it handles, more like a sports car than a sedan, you can feel the road right through the steering wheel. Instruments are easy to view and intuitive. Huge trunk. Mileage is a constant 30 MPG on the freeway. In-town runs about 20-22, which is par for 3.8 liter engine. It's solid, you can hear it when you shut the door. Cabin road noise is minimal, I would call it "hushed". My wife's Camry is not nearly as comfortable or quiet on the road. Lots of early warning sensors, one of which ("Low Tire" air pressure light) saved us from a disaster on the road.
Suggested Improvements
Cup holders! Nicely hidden but should have been deeper to hold a cup more securely. Heating system is not as responsive as our Camry. The defrost works great on the passenger side, not so much on the driver's side. Thought it might be obstructed but couldn't find anything, seems a design issue. None of these are deal-breakers, though. I'd buy it again in a heart-beat.