2002 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Who would've thought I'd rather have a Buick?
By newportbob on 04/04/14 16:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Having never owned a GM car, I was not sure what to expect. I'd done a lot of research and, for the value, the Buick Regal kept coming up. I found a beauty, a 2002 for $3,000. Looks and runs like new, great power, luscious leather interior (spotless), one of the finest sound systems I've ever heard, hugs the road like a bear. I absolutely love this car. The only other car I loved this much was a 1974 Volvo that we put 360,000 miles on. I don't know if I'll get the same with the Regal, but I do know that maintenance is key to vehicle longevity. We'll see!

Cross Country
By deandesisto on 06/18/12 17:16 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Ive driven many cars, but the 2002 Buick Regal LS is by far my favorite car i have driven so far. It is much more comfortable then Japanese cars, and sure goes alot more than it shows. I drove from Rhode Island to Montana in this car, and it revved strong at 2k at 70mph, ive had v8's that revved higher. Amazing gas mileage, only spent around $200 from RI to South Dakota, with gas around 3.50. Bought this car a year ago, at 3k with 115 thou. Something about American cars makes the ride better, foriegn cars dont have personalities like my Ford and Buick do, I love that thing, even though my gas gauge is broke and my odometer is gone, this car took me 2500 miles across our great nation.Buy USA

10 yrs old and still going!
By mom2de on 02/20/12 17:47 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car when it had 50,000 miles on it.Now at 105,000. Still going good!Regular work done on it like brakes,rotors,tires,oil changes,etc. That is all normal wear and tear. On second muffler but first one was a cheaper one. Biggest expense was the security in the ignition and key.Kept shutting the car down, making it think it was being stolen.Brought it to dealer and they bypassed the security chip-$380. Most expensive repair done to it. Great in the snow too! Northeast can be brutal! Stereo has shorted out but that's an easy fix too! No major issues. Would recommend a buick. Trading her in next week, need an upgraded vehicle with newer specs!

New/Old owner
By Isiah1 on 06/21/10 18:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased a 2002 LS with 76K. From the initial drive I automatically fell in love with the car. All the positive comments has made me feel even better about my purchase today.......

Engine Not Reliable
By buickuser on 06/10/06 11:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Good car but stiff steering. Engine died after 50,000 miles and despite good maintenance. Mechanic says a very classic problem with the Buick and Pontiac with 3.8 engine. OK if use best synthetic oil (Mobil One) every 2000 miles.

Buick Regal
By twhited on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first car I've owned that wasn't a Toyota Camry. This car is BY FAR a better vehicle than the 1999 Camry I got rid of to buy this. I will NEVER go back to a Camry. This car is very comfortable, has power, mileage with this 6 cylinder is about the same as the Camry's 4 cylinder. You can't go wrong - Consumer Reports named this the most reliable car!!!!!

Buick Pegal lS
By gator on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Best sedan i'ver ever owned. Powerful, comfortable and reliable. Loaded with features. Easy to drive. Classic styling. No mechanical problems. Surprisingly good fuel economy.

Buick LS V6
By Yao Ming4545 on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

With the Joseph Aboud package, the Regal LS V6 looks and feels like a Lexus ES, but costs about $7K less.

Everything you read is true...
By alogo on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Strong, smoooth, fuel efficient engine. Comfortable interior, needs more lumbar. Lots of toys. Some quibbles: climate control less than intuitive, Smartstalk wiper and cruise combined, no mist function, small glovebox, backseat for kids only, glass in rear window optically "off", embedded antenna weak.

Regal LS Review
By jwellinger on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Wellmade, responsive engine, great driving comfort, finish superb, can't find fault for a vehicle in this price class, a best buy.