Used 2002 Buick Regal GS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Second time around
By 58 Impala

2002 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought this very same new in Sept 2002 and kept it for 4 years and traded it for an 06 LaCrosse CXL which I trades in on an 08 Silverado LTZ. even thought 06 Buick had more features, it didn't pull the mountians or get the gas mileage the 2002 Regal GS did. This year we decided we would get a used car and I was searching the net. I found our old Buick at a dealership about 40 miles from here and it had less than 60K miles on it. It had aroudn 32K when I traded. The dealership had bought it at an auction, but the car was still in great shape. We missed car after getting the LacCross and are very happy we found it again. Great gas mileage, handling and power in a nice size car.

Power, handling, ride and gas milege. When I first owned it I got 35 mpg on one trip we took and we were driving between 65 to 70 mph. This was mostly flat terrian, but we did get into some mountians in northern VA and it went over them without a hitch. Not like our LaCrosse with the same engine.

It's rather late to talk about improvements they could make on a car this old. Most of them have already been takin care of on the newer car. My only complaint is the location of the front cupholders, they are right under the drivers elbow. Also rear seat room.

Look Out........Here comes Grandpa!
By Fast Buck

2002 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car is just right. Right size outside, easy to drive, maneuver, park and looks great in white. Right size inside with plenty of room, comfort and luxury for four adults. The car is just right for spirited driving because it's invisible to law enforcement.

Easily the supercharged engine! Looks and drives like your average family sedan...until you put your foot in it!

None...too bad Buick quit making them

Satisfied Driver
By Donna Frankson

2002 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I like this Buick Regal GS Supercharger very much. I have experienced some problems but overall love the car. One thing I have experienced is that when driving at night, when I put on my high beams all the lights on the dash and my head lights go out, I have to hit high beam switch again and all come back on, this has happened numerous times. Also, my Low Coolant light came on, I took to my garage and all was fine, reserve was low but not empty, radiator was full. The light stays on when I am driving saying low coolant, but all if fine, temp. gauge normal on this car stays in the middle. I really like this car.

I like the heated front seats, the CD player, the electric seats. Style has not changed, I had a 1998 Buick LS and this is same style but nice looking. Leather seats was not sure would like OK. Trunk good size, Supercharger was a surprise did not realize it was, gas to use more expensive but OK

Wheel rims not as good as older types, lose air in tires, like old steel rims much better. Needs overhead light, has mirror lights and underdash but not overhead.

Stealth-mobile
By Movin' On

2002 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car is the real deal. Great looking, comfortable, fuel efficient, very quick, and invisible to law enforcement (especially when painted senior citizen white). As a used car value, it can't be beat. It makes a lot more economic sense than other so called "sport sedans". Try it, you'll definitely like it!

The supercharged 3.8 V6 engine, of course

Buick could start making them again!

Buick Owner
By Donna Frankson

2002 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have driven a 1998 Buick Regal LS for past 5 yrs. I just traded it in for the 2002 Buick Regal GS Sedan, with turbocharger. I am a hugh fan of muscle cars, meaning I like my cars to perform quickly and quietly. I have owned Chrys, Pont, and Olds. I have enjoyed driving all these cars. The 1998 was leaking oil (small amt.), but ran so good I did not want to get rid of it. I decided that updating to 2002 was a wise move. I tried a 2006 Chev. Impala, but liked the ride and performance of the Buick so much more. Having just purchased it 4-13-06 I have to drive it more and see if it compares as well as the l998, which was excellent. Only draw back is having to use 91 Octane.

Power doors, windows, front seats heated, front seats electric, radio sound very good, bucket seats, strong fan system, lumbar drivers seat, remote keyless entry, locking, and trunk opener. Turbocharger really works. great.

Need more space rear seats, looks just like the 1998 I traded in. Would like a dome light above driver's head in center of roof. Being able to use 87 or 89 octane instead of premium 91 as stated in car manual.