2002 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Second time around
By 58 Impala on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought this very same new in Sept 2002 and kept it for 4 years and traded it for an 06 LaCrosse CXL which I trades in on an 08 Silverado LTZ. even thought 06 Buick had more features, it didn't pull the mountians or get the gas mileage the 2002 Regal GS did. This year we decided we would get a used car and I was searching the net. I found our old Buick at a dealership about 40 miles from here and it had less than 60K miles on it. It had aroudn 32K when I traded. The dealership had bought it at an auction, but the car was still in great shape. We missed car after getting the LacCross and are very happy we found it again. Great gas mileage, handling and power in a nice size car.

Look Out........Here comes Grandpa!
By Fast Buck on 05/22/07 10:56 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car is just right. Right size outside, easy to drive, maneuver, park and looks great in white. Right size inside with plenty of room, comfort and luxury for four adults. The car is just right for spirited driving because it's invisible to law enforcement.

Satisfied Driver
By Donna Frankson on 04/22/07 10:08 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I like this Buick Regal GS Supercharger very much. I have experienced some problems but overall love the car. One thing I have experienced is that when driving at night, when I put on my high beams all the lights on the dash and my head lights go out, I have to hit high beam switch again and all come back on, this has happened numerous times. Also, my Low Coolant light came on, I took to my garage and all was fine, reserve was low but not empty, radiator was full. The light stays on when I am driving saying low coolant, but all if fine, temp. gauge normal on this car stays in the middle. I really like this car.

Stealth-mobile
By Movin' On on 09/11/06 19:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car is the real deal. Great looking, comfortable, fuel efficient, very quick, and invisible to law enforcement (especially when painted senior citizen white). As a used car value, it can't be beat. It makes a lot more economic sense than other so called "sport sedans". Try it, you'll definitely like it!

Buick Owner
By Donna Frankson on 04/14/06 15:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have driven a 1998 Buick Regal LS for past 5 yrs. I just traded it in for the 2002 Buick Regal GS Sedan, with turbocharger. I am a hugh fan of muscle cars, meaning I like my cars to perform quickly and quietly. I have owned Chrys, Pont, and Olds. I have enjoyed driving all these cars. The 1998 was leaking oil (small amt.), but ran so good I did not want to get rid of it. I decided that updating to 2002 was a wise move. I tried a 2006 Chev. Impala, but liked the ride and performance of the Buick so much more. Having just purchased it 4-13-06 I have to drive it more and see if it compares as well as the l998, which was excellent. Only draw back is having to use 91 Octane.

love a buick
By i'm a queen on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car is the ultimate in road driving and great in the city. I love the clean lines,the interior is a dream - friends who own BMWs, Lexus, Bentley and cadillacs are surprised how this car is so "smooth" in it's ride both inner city with holes and on the road. My auto is fully loaded withe heated leather seats, roof, automatic lights, etc. No one believes this car was less than $30,000. I won't make the mistake again by leaving buicks.

A real sleeper for performance
By jimweis on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is one hot car. The 240 hp supercharged engine make it a performance sleeper. I love blowing off 5 liter Camaros and Mustangs in acceleration and passing. It may look sedate but the performance is definitely your daddy's Buick.

Great value for the money
By RegalGS on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Superb car! Tons of power, silky smooth ride, great looking. Very comfortable front seats; long drives are no problem. Even the fuel economy isn't bad - I've gotten as high as 31 MPG on the highway. FANTASTIC reliability. In 2 years and 40K miles, I've had these problems: the fog light switch was defective and the rearview mirror fell off the windshield on a very hot summer day (both fixed under warranty); at 36K miles the front rotors were slightly warped ($80 repair). That's it!

Regal GS
By j_mac on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

In the five months since July 2003, I have driven this car on one 7,000 mile and one 2,000 mile trip in every conceivable mix of traffic, road surface and weather (including some high elevation snow). It handles very predictably under all conditions, has plenty of quickly available power to handle passing or mountain driving, and returns excellent gas mileage. On one occasion, I drove just under 1,000 miles in one day, with another driver relieving me for only about 100 miles. The car was comfortable and not tiring, even with the excess miles/day. Fuel economy hovers around 30 miles/gallon on highway trips.

Power
By Buick Driver on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

A lot of people have said how much they love the power of this car. You can only appreciate it if you drive it for yourself. But first drive everything else in its class. You will be amazed by the power of the supercharged engine. The amazing thing is how smooth the car is. It is the perfect blend of power and smooth ride.