2002 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Who would've thought I'd rather have a Buick?
By newportbob on 04/04/14 16:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Having never owned a GM car, I was not sure what to expect. I'd done a lot of research and, for the value, the Buick Regal kept coming up. I found a beauty, a 2002 for $3,000. Looks and runs like new, great power, luscious leather interior (spotless), one of the finest sound systems I've ever heard, hugs the road like a bear. I absolutely love this car. The only other car I loved this much was a 1974 Volvo that we put 360,000 miles on. I don't know if I'll get the same with the Regal, but I do know that maintenance is key to vehicle longevity. We'll see!

Cross Country
By deandesisto on 06/18/12 17:16 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Ive driven many cars, but the 2002 Buick Regal LS is by far my favorite car i have driven so far. It is much more comfortable then Japanese cars, and sure goes alot more than it shows. I drove from Rhode Island to Montana in this car, and it revved strong at 2k at 70mph, ive had v8's that revved higher. Amazing gas mileage, only spent around $200 from RI to South Dakota, with gas around 3.50. Bought this car a year ago, at 3k with 115 thou. Something about American cars makes the ride better, foriegn cars dont have personalities like my Ford and Buick do, I love that thing, even though my gas gauge is broke and my odometer is gone, this car took me 2500 miles across our great nation.Buy USA

10 yrs old and still going!
By mom2de on 02/20/12 17:47 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car when it had 50,000 miles on it.Now at 105,000. Still going good!Regular work done on it like brakes,rotors,tires,oil changes,etc. That is all normal wear and tear. On second muffler but first one was a cheaper one. Biggest expense was the security in the ignition and key.Kept shutting the car down, making it think it was being stolen.Brought it to dealer and they bypassed the security chip-$380. Most expensive repair done to it. Great in the snow too! Northeast can be brutal! Stereo has shorted out but that's an easy fix too! No major issues. Would recommend a buick. Trading her in next week, need an upgraded vehicle with newer specs!

Second time around
By 58 Impala on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought this very same new in Sept 2002 and kept it for 4 years and traded it for an 06 LaCrosse CXL which I trades in on an 08 Silverado LTZ. even thought 06 Buick had more features, it didn't pull the mountians or get the gas mileage the 2002 Regal GS did. This year we decided we would get a used car and I was searching the net. I found our old Buick at a dealership about 40 miles from here and it had less than 60K miles on it. It had aroudn 32K when I traded. The dealership had bought it at an auction, but the car was still in great shape. We missed car after getting the LacCross and are very happy we found it again. Great gas mileage, handling and power in a nice size car.

New/Old owner
By Isiah1 on 06/21/10 18:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased a 2002 LS with 76K. From the initial drive I automatically fell in love with the car. All the positive comments has made me feel even better about my purchase today.......

Look Out........Here comes Grandpa!
By Fast Buck on 05/22/07 10:56 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car is just right. Right size outside, easy to drive, maneuver, park and looks great in white. Right size inside with plenty of room, comfort and luxury for four adults. The car is just right for spirited driving because it's invisible to law enforcement.

Satisfied Driver
By Donna Frankson on 04/22/07 10:08 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I like this Buick Regal GS Supercharger very much. I have experienced some problems but overall love the car. One thing I have experienced is that when driving at night, when I put on my high beams all the lights on the dash and my head lights go out, I have to hit high beam switch again and all come back on, this has happened numerous times. Also, my Low Coolant light came on, I took to my garage and all was fine, reserve was low but not empty, radiator was full. The light stays on when I am driving saying low coolant, but all if fine, temp. gauge normal on this car stays in the middle. I really like this car.

Stealth-mobile
By Movin' On on 09/11/06 19:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car is the real deal. Great looking, comfortable, fuel efficient, very quick, and invisible to law enforcement (especially when painted senior citizen white). As a used car value, it can't be beat. It makes a lot more economic sense than other so called "sport sedans". Try it, you'll definitely like it!

Engine Not Reliable
By buickuser on 06/10/06 11:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Good car but stiff steering. Engine died after 50,000 miles and despite good maintenance. Mechanic says a very classic problem with the Buick and Pontiac with 3.8 engine. OK if use best synthetic oil (Mobil One) every 2000 miles.

Buick Owner
By Donna Frankson on 04/14/06 15:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have driven a 1998 Buick Regal LS for past 5 yrs. I just traded it in for the 2002 Buick Regal GS Sedan, with turbocharger. I am a hugh fan of muscle cars, meaning I like my cars to perform quickly and quietly. I have owned Chrys, Pont, and Olds. I have enjoyed driving all these cars. The 1998 was leaking oil (small amt.), but ran so good I did not want to get rid of it. I decided that updating to 2002 was a wise move. I tried a 2006 Chev. Impala, but liked the ride and performance of the Buick so much more. Having just purchased it 4-13-06 I have to drive it more and see if it compares as well as the l998, which was excellent. Only draw back is having to use 91 Octane.