Used 2001 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Still Going Strong
By Dan

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought my used 2001 Regal GS one year ago with 113K miles for $4K and could not be happier with my purchase. I don't know of any other used car that can be had for $4K that would be nearly as nice as this one. The supercharged engine, the Monsoon audio system, the cushy leather seats, overall balance of sport/comfort/reliability. Only fixes needed after 1 year are a couple of worn out wheel bearings and my ABS sensor acts up now and then. Other than that, this car still feels very strong and believe it will last another 100K if kept up properly. I've owned 9 cars in my lifetime and this one is faster and more comfortable than any of them, not to mention by far the most inexpensive!

SUPERCHARGER, Monsoon audio, cushy leather (not that hard, european stuff), overall comfort, handsome & toned-down styling, large trunk, easy access to all controls and fuse panel.

Interior design is pretty old school but I still like it. Until recently, my wife actually thought that my car was an '89 (seriously!). Steering wheel hasn't worn very well on left hand side and I'm having trouble finding a cover that is large enough.

No problems, just fun
By John

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought it new in 01. The one thing that I didn't like was the soft ride especially when cornering. I got this corrected with a set of potenza tires and have found the supercharger more than adequate. No mechanical problems, no squeaks or rattles. I have 147,000 miles now and am considering replacing it with either a lacrosse or a Taurus sho. I might look at used on the sho due to new price.

Great Car
By Happy Owner

2001 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car no new ones on the market compare. I get 33 miles per gal on a trip and 26 in the city. Quiet to drive, comfort, leather interior exceptional refuse to sell it, you take care of this car and it takes care of you.

Quite ride, mileage, comfort on trips

None

Cost to drive
By E. Shaw

2001 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought super clean,29k miles.Drives good. Comfortable to drive/ride. Tons of room. Great gas milage for a larger V6.I take very good care of my cars.For some reason I bought a $1500 warranty and have had over $5000 worth of work(parts and labor).Normally I do all my own wrenching. List of problems: Intake manifold(very common),5 rack & pinions(very common), catalytic converter, both front wheel bearings and control arm bushings, power steering pump, broken stabilizer links,valve cover gaskets and a few more to come.Still have a year left on the warr.I would think mine was a problem trade-in but my sisters 98 regal was just as bad,although my tranny has not crapped out yet

sun roof, steering wheel controls, heated seats, power and gas milage.

Reliability is low....trust my tractor more.

Basic GM
By jim

2001 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car used. Wife used it in sales. Replaced tie rod ends at 30,000 miles. warranty covered. Most GM cars have front suespension problems. I too have had power window problems. One time it is the motor then the switch. I think that is a dealer scam or lack of training. Changed transmission fluid at 50,000 miles. No tran problems at 117,000. Still gets over 30 MPG on highway. Always used mobile one motor oil. Just replaced O2 sensor. Uses no oil.

Controls for heater and radio

Power windows, stronger suespension parts. While driving at night a lot of heat from dashboard and I guess computer systems.