2001 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Good car
By RTS on 10/02/08 16:22 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car at 120,000 miles and it now has 166,000. Very nice car. Two minor issues: 1) the right rear window hasn't rolled down in two years. The fuel gauge quit at 135,000 miles buy the DIC shows the fuel economy and the trip odometer works so I haven't bothered to get it fixed. Otherwise nothing but rutine maintenance for 166,000 miles. Comfortable car which get >30 MPG at 70+ on the freeway. Overall I have gotten 22.7 MPG for the last 45,000 miles with mostly city type miles.

Can't say enough
By Schleig2 on 08/12/08 10:31 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Previously I owned a 93 Regal coupe. Loved it. Bought this used in 08 with 20,700 miles (mint). Replaced tires with Goodyear Assurance triple tread. Best decision I could've made. I'm a young Buick buyer (21). But I know the value the 3.8 offers. It is extremely comfortable and powerful. Offers every amenity I could want. It is the Olympic/Joseph Abboud edition (everything under the sun except the SC). This car definitely runs with the best of them. Radio a little boring (monsoon), so I replaced with a dual din Pioneer (which looks amazing in its place). The handling and braking are superb to the 93 I had. I can honestly say both Regals I have owned hold a special place in my heart!

The regal Buick
By arymae oula on 07/12/08 08:38 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have taken this car out to west coast, at least 3 times as well as driving locally. Gas mileage is good on distant driving, not as good in city. Is a quiet ride and absorbs bumps well, I would not hesitate to buy a new one just like it. Has excellent safety features such as doors locked when in gear. Lights remain on after shutting off engine for 5 minutes. Exceptional close turning radius. Has very adequate pick up. GM did a good job on this one.

Great car made in USA
By Cuppajoe on 12/12/07 08:24 AM (PST)

2001 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Back when I was looking to replace my SUV I wanted a reliable 6 cyl, with good gas mileage, and larger trunk and interior space. Compared Camry, Accord and Regal. Bought the Buick - equal mpg, much more space, reliable and sporty. I drive this car a ton for work and family, and it's been great. It's got great features and options that I like too, such as the stereo controls on the steering wheel, the compter that keeps me updated on miles till empty, oil life, and so forth. I could not have gotten a Toyota or Honda with all this for the same money. By the way, I have owned and enjoyed Toyotas and other foriegn made cars. So I'm not a made in the USA only person.

2001 Regal GS Olympic Special Model
By ElGavilan on 09/27/07 17:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Very rapid but only if needed via Supercharger. Decent gas mileage: 20.5 city, as high as 29 highway (normally about 27). Great car. Very pleasing to look at. Handles well and goes very fast with terrific acceleration upon request.

Hope you like the great outdoors
By Keep Looking on 05/20/06 18:15 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have had to replace all 4 window motors in the past 1 1/2 years for a grand total of over $1800. Was told by Buick mechanic in another state that they've had nothing but problems with the window motors in all Buick models. But according to Buick, they have no problems. It's normal wear and tear on a car that is 5 years old and has 68,000 miles. My mother's Chevy was stolen and wrecked and the driver's side door was smashed in, but amazingly the window still works! My car on the other hand sits in the parking lot and the unused window motor dies and the window falls down.

GM Quality Problems
By Jim Lester on 05/01/06 12:02 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Well let me see(in November,2005) at 98000 miles I had to shell out $2000 for a new transmission. This is on a car that I have not driven hard, mostly highway miles. January 2006 I had to waste another $1000 to get the car inspected. Now, May 1st, my piece of ship buick is in the auto shop once again because it won't run. The real sad thing is I was trying to support the american car industry when I bought this car. I was looking at a Nissan Altima at the same time. I won't make that mistake again.

Runs good, when it runs
By Jeff on 01/26/06 11:18 AM (PST)

2001 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Ran good for about 2 years from purchase, however, since then has been nothing but trouble. Catalytic converter had to be replaced, transmission failed also, brakes have had to be replaced twice and tie rod mount bracket broke (according to mechanic, he's never seen that in 20 years of work). I'll never buy another Buick again.

Good Value and Price!
By Isamu66 on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Having driven Regal's for nearly seven years now (my first was a 1991 Regal GS) and my new 2001 Regal LS (California Edition), I think I am qualified to say that it is a reliable and good "bang for the buck" car. My last 91 Buick lasted for 250,000 miles with very little problems. The only major problems were the water pump and brakes, but after 250,000 miles, I think thats ok. On my 2001 Regal I have had zero problems for the 35,000 miles I have put on it (with regular maintenance). Not a head turner, but a reliable means of transportation.

Regal
By Wilcox on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

All around great car