2001 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Decent Car
By bburden on 02/07/13 11:46 AM (PST)

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a Buick Regal Ls for the past year almost. Since we have had the car, we have had to replace the driver side & passanger side window regulator. Not so bad, but then our throttle decided to mess up. We still have yet to fix it & I would love to have my car back. Anyone know what that could be? Won't go over 35mph right now because of the problem.

Worth the Money
By laura04 on 03/14/11 09:14 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It maybe an older car but sure has everything i need and shocking it is great in the snow. Ive had no issues with except the chairs are kinda uncomfortable. So taking long trips ends up hurting my back in driver or passenger seat but could just be my car.

Great Car
By Brad Rich on 07/06/10 11:08 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Regal LS has plenty of power combined with 30 mpg economy. The big trunk is endless with the fold-down back seats. I used it to haul lumber, but don't tell my wife.

Good car
By john on 03/23/10 23:29 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Had to replace passenger window regulator. did it myself for 100 dollars,was easy to do. car has 50,000 miles and runs very good. The seats are very nice and the car rides very good. The four wheel disc brakes stop the car very well, and In the rain the traction control works well, and so did the brakes when i had to make a quick wet stop. Overall i am impressed with this car.

...Not a bad car, but ......
By Bureaucrat on 01/14/10 09:36 AM (PST)

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

..purchased (used) in March, 2005, at 18,100 miles; BTW, this car was made in Canada, not the U.S.A. Was a single- owner vehicle. Now has over 90,800 miles - has had two major electrical failures; now on its third rack-and- pinion assembly; vent. fan assembly conked out in the first month; ignition switch broke after fourth year; oil pan leaked badly and cost almost $300 to fix (a support strut has to be removed first!) Fuel economy is so-so; nothing spectacular. Transmission has been serviced every 30,000 miles and looks and acts like new. Seats are the most comfortable of any car ever owned. Overall, not a great car, but a good one. Will keep it until it "croaks" for good!!!

Great Car
By Happy Owner on 06/29/09 09:59 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car no new ones on the market compare. I get 33 miles per gal on a trip and 26 in the city. Quiet to drive, comfort, leather interior exceptional refuse to sell it, you take care of this car and it takes care of you.

Cost to drive
By E. Shaw on 05/17/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought super clean,29k miles.Drives good. Comfortable to drive/ride. Tons of room. Great gas milage for a larger V6.I take very good care of my cars.For some reason I bought a $1500 warranty and have had over $5000 worth of work(parts and labor).Normally I do all my own wrenching. List of problems: Intake manifold(very common),5 rack & pinions(very common), catalytic converter, both front wheel bearings and control arm bushings, power steering pump, broken stabilizer links,valve cover gaskets and a few more to come.Still have a year left on the warr.I would think mine was a problem trade-in but my sisters 98 regal was just as bad,although my tranny has not crapped out yet

Basic GM
By jim on 01/02/09 17:37 PM (PST)

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car used. Wife used it in sales. Replaced tie rod ends at 30,000 miles. warranty covered. Most GM cars have front suespension problems. I too have had power window problems. One time it is the motor then the switch. I think that is a dealer scam or lack of training. Changed transmission fluid at 50,000 miles. No tran problems at 117,000. Still gets over 30 MPG on highway. Always used mobile one motor oil. Just replaced O2 sensor. Uses no oil.

Good car
By RTS on 10/02/08 16:22 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car at 120,000 miles and it now has 166,000. Very nice car. Two minor issues: 1) the right rear window hasn't rolled down in two years. The fuel gauge quit at 135,000 miles buy the DIC shows the fuel economy and the trip odometer works so I haven't bothered to get it fixed. Otherwise nothing but rutine maintenance for 166,000 miles. Comfortable car which get >30 MPG at 70+ on the freeway. Overall I have gotten 22.7 MPG for the last 45,000 miles with mostly city type miles.

Can't say enough
By Schleig2 on 08/12/08 10:31 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Previously I owned a 93 Regal coupe. Loved it. Bought this used in 08 with 20,700 miles (mint). Replaced tires with Goodyear Assurance triple tread. Best decision I could've made. I'm a young Buick buyer (21). But I know the value the 3.8 offers. It is extremely comfortable and powerful. Offers every amenity I could want. It is the Olympic/Joseph Abboud edition (everything under the sun except the SC). This car definitely runs with the best of them. Radio a little boring (monsoon), so I replaced with a dual din Pioneer (which looks amazing in its place). The handling and braking are superb to the 93 I had. I can honestly say both Regals I have owned hold a special place in my heart!