2001 Buick Regal LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

2001 Regal Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Sort Reviews by

Decent Car
By bburden

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a Buick Regal Ls for the past year almost. Since we have had the car, we have had to replace the driver side & passanger side window regulator. Not so bad, but then our throttle decided to mess up. We still have yet to fix it & I would love to have my car back. Anyone know what that could be? Won't go over 35mph right now because of the problem.

Worth the Money
By laura04

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It maybe an older car but sure has everything i need and shocking it is great in the snow. Ive had no issues with except the chairs are kinda uncomfortable. So taking long trips ends up hurting my back in driver or passenger seat but could just be my car.

Great Car
By Brad Rich

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Regal LS has plenty of power combined with 30 mpg economy. The big trunk is endless with the fold-down back seats. I used it to haul lumber, but don't tell my wife.

Suggested Improvements

Dash lights need resistor repair. Spark plugs are difficult to access.

Good car
By john

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Had to replace passenger window regulator. did it myself for 100 dollars,was easy to do. car has 50,000 miles and runs very good. The seats are very nice and the car rides very good. The four wheel disc brakes stop the car very well, and In the rain the traction control works well, and so did the brakes when i had to make a quick wet stop. Overall i am impressed with this car.

Favorite Features

The sound system is nice and the ride is very good. the seats fold down and that was very handy the other day.

Suggested Improvements

The power windows should be more reliable. General motors should recall the window regulators. this car dose have some recalls, make sure you are sure you have them done.

...Not a bad car, but ......
By Bureaucrat

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

..purchased (used) in March, 2005, at 18,100 miles; BTW, this car was made in Canada, not the U.S.A. Was a single- owner vehicle. Now has over 90,800 miles - has had two major electrical failures; now on its third rack-and- pinion assembly; vent. fan assembly conked out in the first month; ignition switch broke after fourth year; oil pan leaked badly and cost almost $300 to fix (a support strut has to be removed first!) Fuel economy is so-so; nothing spectacular. Transmission has been serviced every 30,000 miles and looks and acts like new. Seats are the most comfortable of any car ever owned. Overall, not a great car, but a good one. Will keep it until it "croaks" for good!!!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats; excellent radio/sound system; very good acceleration with that V-6 engine. Paint has held up very well and looks like new.

Suggested Improvements

Car is no longer in production, so question would appear to be moot.

Great Car
By Happy Owner

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car no new ones on the market compare. I get 33 miles per gal on a trip and 26 in the city. Quiet to drive, comfort, leather interior exceptional refuse to sell it, you take care of this car and it takes care of you.

Favorite Features

Quite ride, mileage, comfort on trips

Suggested Improvements

None

Cost to drive
By E. Shaw

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought super clean,29k miles.Drives good. Comfortable to drive/ride. Tons of room. Great gas milage for a larger V6.I take very good care of my cars.For some reason I bought a $1500 warranty and have had over $5000 worth of work(parts and labor).Normally I do all my own wrenching. List of problems: Intake manifold(very common),5 rack & pinions(very common), catalytic converter, both front wheel bearings and control arm bushings, power steering pump, broken stabilizer links,valve cover gaskets and a few more to come.Still have a year left on the warr.I would think mine was a problem trade-in but my sisters 98 regal was just as bad,although my tranny has not crapped out yet

Favorite Features

sun roof, steering wheel controls, heated seats, power and gas milage.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability is low....trust my tractor more.

Basic GM
By jim

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car used. Wife used it in sales. Replaced tie rod ends at 30,000 miles. warranty covered. Most GM cars have front suespension problems. I too have had power window problems. One time it is the motor then the switch. I think that is a dealer scam or lack of training. Changed transmission fluid at 50,000 miles. No tran problems at 117,000. Still gets over 30 MPG on highway. Always used mobile one motor oil. Just replaced O2 sensor. Uses no oil.

Favorite Features

Controls for heater and radio

Suggested Improvements

Power windows, stronger suespension parts. While driving at night a lot of heat from dashboard and I guess computer systems.

Good car
By RTS

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car at 120,000 miles and it now has 166,000. Very nice car. Two minor issues: 1) the right rear window hasn't rolled down in two years. The fuel gauge quit at 135,000 miles buy the DIC shows the fuel economy and the trip odometer works so I haven't bothered to get it fixed. Otherwise nothing but rutine maintenance for 166,000 miles. Comfortable car which get >30 MPG at 70+ on the freeway. Overall I have gotten 22.7 MPG for the last 45,000 miles with mostly city type miles.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, quiet ride with lots of room for rear seat passengers and a big trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel gauge and window motors. I was sorry to see the model discontinued.

Can't say enough
By Schleig2

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Previously I owned a 93 Regal coupe. Loved it. Bought this used in 08 with 20,700 miles (mint). Replaced tires with Goodyear Assurance triple tread. Best decision I could've made. I'm a young Buick buyer (21). But I know the value the 3.8 offers. It is extremely comfortable and powerful. Offers every amenity I could want. It is the Olympic/Joseph Abboud edition (everything under the sun except the SC). This car definitely runs with the best of them. Radio a little boring (monsoon), so I replaced with a dual din Pioneer (which looks amazing in its place). The handling and braking are superb to the 93 I had. I can honestly say both Regals I have owned hold a special place in my heart!

Favorite Features

A lot of power for the non-supercharged version. Extremely comfortable seats. Moonroof, handling, options. "Sleeper qualities"

Suggested Improvements

Fix problem with front end rattling (common brake vibration/steering column issue) Wish it was possible to make it into a convertible!