2001 Buick Regal GS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

2001 Regal Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Sort Reviews by

Still Going Strong
By Dan

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought my used 2001 Regal GS one year ago with 113K miles for $4K and could not be happier with my purchase. I don't know of any other used car that can be had for $4K that would be nearly as nice as this one. The supercharged engine, the Monsoon audio system, the cushy leather seats, overall balance of sport/comfort/reliability. Only fixes needed after 1 year are a couple of worn out wheel bearings and my ABS sensor acts up now and then. Other than that, this car still feels very strong and believe it will last another 100K if kept up properly. I've owned 9 cars in my lifetime and this one is faster and more comfortable than any of them, not to mention by far the most inexpensive!

Favorite Features

SUPERCHARGER, Monsoon audio, cushy leather (not that hard, european stuff), overall comfort, handsome & toned-down styling, large trunk, easy access to all controls and fuse panel.

Suggested Improvements

Interior design is pretty old school but I still like it. Until recently, my wife actually thought that my car was an '89 (seriously!). Steering wheel hasn't worn very well on left hand side and I'm having trouble finding a cover that is large enough.

No problems, just fun
By John

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought it new in 01. The one thing that I didn't like was the soft ride especially when cornering. I got this corrected with a set of potenza tires and have found the supercharger more than adequate. No mechanical problems, no squeaks or rattles. I have 147,000 miles now and am considering replacing it with either a lacrosse or a Taurus sho. I might look at used on the sho due to new price.

2001 Regal GS Olympic Special Model
By ElGavilan

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Very rapid but only if needed via Supercharger. Decent gas mileage: 20.5 city, as high as 29 highway (normally about 27). Great car. Very pleasing to look at. Handles well and goes very fast with terrific acceleration upon request.

Favorite Features

3.8 V6, supercharger, GM 4 speed transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Better center console armrest

Hope you like the great outdoors
By Keep Looking

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have had to replace all 4 window motors in the past 1 1/2 years for a grand total of over $1800. Was told by Buick mechanic in another state that they've had nothing but problems with the window motors in all Buick models. But according to Buick, they have no problems. It's normal wear and tear on a car that is 5 years old and has 68,000 miles. My mother's Chevy was stolen and wrecked and the driver's side door was smashed in, but amazingly the window still works! My car on the other hand sits in the parking lot and the unused window motor dies and the window falls down.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Call Honda or Toyota and buy the same window motors that they do and save your customers some money so they'll stop giving you bad publicity.

GM Quality Problems
By Jim Lester

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Well let me see(in November,2005) at 98000 miles I had to shell out $2000 for a new transmission. This is on a car that I have not driven hard, mostly highway miles. January 2006 I had to waste another $1000 to get the car inspected. Now, May 1st, my piece of ship buick is in the auto shop once again because it won't run. The real sad thing is I was trying to support the american car industry when I bought this car. I was looking at a Nissan Altima at the same time. I won't make that mistake again.

Suggested Improvements

Make sure if your reading this that you pass along to all your family and friends about GM's poor quality. You'll be doing them a real favor.

Regal
By Wilcox

All around great car

Favorite Features

audio on steering wheel and supercharger

Suggested Improvements

exterior design updated

surprisingly sporty
By ind

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Having owned the car for sometime now, I have grown to really enjoy driving it. The supercharger makes the car.

Favorite Features

The engine is great and the ride is smooth on the highway and in town.

Suggested Improvements

The soft ride is nice when going straight, but it really should corner better.

Regal GS
By tnt

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

If you are looking for a comfortable sedan that is fun to drive and pleasant to live with, then the Regal GS is all that. The car handles like a racecar in comfort and style. There is no need for anymore power than the supercharged 3.8 provides and it is alot of fun.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls put all of the things you need when driving right at your fingertips.

Suggested Improvements

A little more headroom, I got the power moonroof which takes up some space. At 6'4" I could use a little more headroom.

Oops, We spilled it again!
By Bryan C

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is a fun car to drive. If you use it as a family car, the back seat is cramped. Also, the center console is engineered poorly. As a result in our Regal, a soda spilt onto the console shorting out the entire electrical system of the car. The car would start w/o keys in the ignition, windows would operate w/o touching the controls, radio and dome lights would not turn off thus depleteing the charge on the battery. We were told that the 8 days worth of labor WOULD NOT be covered under GM's bumper to bumper warranty. Only time will tell if Buick sold us a lemon.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine, Good handling, Comfortable front seating, Leather interior, Great Monsoon sound system, full fold down rear seat.

Suggested Improvements

More attention to leg room in back seat area. Address electical issues and console design.

KKB REGAL 2001
By kkb

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Replaced the tail light assembly 3 times due to water in the lens, replaced the name "regal" on the right hand door.

Favorite Features

The supercharged motor, the 8 speaker sound system, the remote features from the keys, the over all ride and comfort of the car, the day time running lights, the auto temp control features.

Suggested Improvements

Paint the out side mirrors the same paint color of the car. Offer dark glass tinting as a option from the factory. Let the dealer ship or owner adjust the oil change reminder to a short mileage if desired, "as to 3000 miles".