2001 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Still Going Strong
By Dan on 10/13/09 13:25 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought my used 2001 Regal GS one year ago with 113K miles for $4K and could not be happier with my purchase. I don't know of any other used car that can be had for $4K that would be nearly as nice as this one. The supercharged engine, the Monsoon audio system, the cushy leather seats, overall balance of sport/comfort/reliability. Only fixes needed after 1 year are a couple of worn out wheel bearings and my ABS sensor acts up now and then. Other than that, this car still feels very strong and believe it will last another 100K if kept up properly. I've owned 9 cars in my lifetime and this one is faster and more comfortable than any of them, not to mention by far the most inexpensive!

No problems, just fun
By John on 09/20/09 20:29 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought it new in 01. The one thing that I didn't like was the soft ride especially when cornering. I got this corrected with a set of potenza tires and have found the supercharger more than adequate. No mechanical problems, no squeaks or rattles. I have 147,000 miles now and am considering replacing it with either a lacrosse or a Taurus sho. I might look at used on the sho due to new price.

2001 Regal GS Olympic Special Model
By ElGavilan on 09/27/07 17:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Very rapid but only if needed via Supercharger. Decent gas mileage: 20.5 city, as high as 29 highway (normally about 27). Great car. Very pleasing to look at. Handles well and goes very fast with terrific acceleration upon request.

Hope you like the great outdoors
By Keep Looking on 05/20/06 18:15 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have had to replace all 4 window motors in the past 1 1/2 years for a grand total of over $1800. Was told by Buick mechanic in another state that they've had nothing but problems with the window motors in all Buick models. But according to Buick, they have no problems. It's normal wear and tear on a car that is 5 years old and has 68,000 miles. My mother's Chevy was stolen and wrecked and the driver's side door was smashed in, but amazingly the window still works! My car on the other hand sits in the parking lot and the unused window motor dies and the window falls down.

GM Quality Problems
By Jim Lester on 05/01/06 12:02 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Well let me see(in November,2005) at 98000 miles I had to shell out $2000 for a new transmission. This is on a car that I have not driven hard, mostly highway miles. January 2006 I had to waste another $1000 to get the car inspected. Now, May 1st, my piece of ship buick is in the auto shop once again because it won't run. The real sad thing is I was trying to support the american car industry when I bought this car. I was looking at a Nissan Altima at the same time. I won't make that mistake again.

Regal
By Wilcox on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

All around great car

surprisingly sporty
By ind on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Having owned the car for sometime now, I have grown to really enjoy driving it. The supercharger makes the car.

Regal GS
By tnt on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

If you are looking for a comfortable sedan that is fun to drive and pleasant to live with, then the Regal GS is all that. The car handles like a racecar in comfort and style. There is no need for anymore power than the supercharged 3.8 provides and it is alot of fun.

Oops, We spilled it again!
By Bryan C on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is a fun car to drive. If you use it as a family car, the back seat is cramped. Also, the center console is engineered poorly. As a result in our Regal, a soda spilt onto the console shorting out the entire electrical system of the car. The car would start w/o keys in the ignition, windows would operate w/o touching the controls, radio and dome lights would not turn off thus depleteing the charge on the battery. We were told that the 8 days worth of labor WOULD NOT be covered under GM's bumper to bumper warranty. Only time will tell if Buick sold us a lemon.

KKB REGAL 2001
By kkb on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Replaced the tail light assembly 3 times due to water in the lens, replaced the name "regal" on the right hand door.