Used 2000 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

2000 Buick Regal

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

2000 Regal GS great value
By mobill

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Buick Regal GS in June 2004, with 114k miles on it, only have had to replace the supercharger belt and serpentine belt, this car has lots of power, very comfortable, and gets 35+ mpg on the highway. An awesome combination of luxury, comfort, and performance. running with Mobil 1 synthetic oil, the motor uses absolutely zero, zilch, nata oil! What a machine!

Favorite Features

Superb engine, great power, great economy.

Suggested Improvements

Finicky glove compartment box lid , which needs to be repaired or replaced.

great
By pjw

2000 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

great I love this car best one I have ever owned. I will buy one again.

Love it!!
By Debi2sly4u

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

In May of 2003, I got word that I had to retire my 1986 Park Ave. and I was devastated. It wasn't the 3600 engine that was to blame, it was frame rot that couldn't be avoided living in Chicago with our salt and harsh conditions. Bottom line... I couldn't be happier with this Regal. Our family has had Buicks for as long as I can remember and we have never met a Buick that we didn't love (never kept one less than 12 years with repairs that we consider normal wear and tear). I bought this Regal used (3000 miles left on the original warranty) because I just fell in love with it, rather than taking a new 2003 LS for the same price.

Favorite Features

Dual climate controls, power seat, power sunroof, cd/cassette stereo system, quiet interior, mileage (25/35) and sporty design. It always looks clean (even when it isn't ha ha). I also like the radio controls on the steering wheel. The touring suspension makes it fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Had a bit of trouble replacing one of the lightbulbs... but I chalk that up to being used to the "ancient" ways of the "80's" having had a 1985 LeSabre and a 1986 Park Ave. My passengers might enjoy a power seat, too.. but who cares what they want.. I'm driving (ha ha).

Babe Mobile
By JDFoote

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I only wish that it had an OnStar package option when I bought it. This vehicle has excellent pickup. I am 5'2" and feel totally comfortable in the seating. (can can see over the wheel and my arms still fit comfortably by my side). Compared side by side to a Lexus 350 LS, mine was the nicer looking twin.

Favorite Features

Sun Roof Option Heated seats are awesome and every passengers favorite feature. Dual climate control for my finicky husband. Heated rear view mirrors. The rear seats fold forward to hold extra long cargo. (that has come in handy more than I anticipated!) Cargo net.

disappionted
By vsal

2000 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

Too many major repairs: steering rack and air pump at 55K, rear wheel hub assembly and wiring short at 60K, dashboard light switch at 72K and transmission trouble (unresolved as yet because it will require removal and disassembly) at same time. Also, some weather stripping comes loose as does one rear door inside panel.

Favorite Features

Excellent acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Better chassis construction to eliminate outside noise.