2000 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Drivetrain problems
By The Car man on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I am disappointed in the lack of dealer support and by the transmission problems that I have experienced. The dealer always seems to be too busy to help. The transmission is having problems at 76k miles. The interior has been plauged by poor craftmentship (the flooring has come undone multiple times). Also, the gas guage has quite working and the dealer stated that it would cost $600 to fix. This car has not been a bargin.

only thing i don't like
By j w holland on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

the cut off at 125mph is a pain//i purchased the car expecting a car that would run around 140 and handle//i have since bypassed the factory limiting, added a better air filteration system and plan to keep the car till it drops

I'd buy another one
By SoapLover on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

If I had to do it all over again I would purchase ANOTHER Buick Regal LS without hesitation. Leather seats are comfortable. Great Climate control. Excellent Sound System. Flow of interior is smooth. This car thinks for itself. It has save me and itself a dead battery on more than one occasion when I left interior lights on. Power is fully available for 5 minutes after the ignition is turned off great feature!! Kudos to GM.

typical GM quality
By jkornblum on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Exceleent drivetrain and fun to drive. However, be prepared for the poor build quality on the interior. The rattle in my dash board has been fixed twice and still rattles. With the drivers window half way down, you can hear a ticking against the glass. The dealers answer to this probem, "That's just a characteristic of the car. Sorry, there is nothing we can do". Spend the extra couple of thousand and by the Acura, Honda, Lexus....you get the idea. I wish I had...

2000 Regal GS
By ArthurT on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

After 3 years, still an enjoyable car to own and drive. Supercharged engine was worth the extra $ for GS model. Interior is comfortable, if a bit uninspired. Monsoon stereo is a nice extra. Overall, a solid compromise providing sportiness in a practical sedan.

Buick Regal 2000
By gahod on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Purchased new. Essentially no problems except temperature sensor for heating system was replaced under warranty. This car fits me and handles well in heavy city traffic. In the country it handles curves and hills well.

2000 Regal @ 45000 miles
By Ken from Michigan on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This has been an excellent car, no problems. Still has original brakes & tires (Eagle LS) though both will be replaced soon. Complaints *Lack of Lubar support in front seats *ugly black trim on dash

I love my 2000GS even after 3 years
By GS Dave on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I purchased my GS new in 2000, and am even more pleased with it today than the day I bought it. The power is amazing, and there is good aftermarket support for modifying it to be even faster. The interior has those big catchers mit seats that fit my 6'2" frame perfectly, I don't even have to put the seat all the way back. Teh rear seats are comfortable, and I can fit all of my family's stuff in the large trunk for those weekend getaways. This car truly has lived up to the "Supercharged Family" advertising.

An awesome vehicle
By Spike on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I rented a Buick Regal last year and was pleasantly surprised to discover it was a really cool car with great performance and a sporty personality. After test driving a lot of other cars, including Mercedes, BMWs, Suburus, Mazdas, etc., I decided to buy a 2000 Buick Regal last week. So far I am totally in awe of this incredible vehicle. The funny part for me is how many people laugh when I tell them I bought a Buick. The image of Buick as a car for Alzeimer's patients is locked in people's heads. But the joke is on them. This car is outstanding in every way, and surpasses other vehicles that cost two or three times as much.

Worthwhile
By Guamvet1 on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan

Good ride with excellent fuel economy for engine this size. Can easily average 30MPG on Interstates.