Used 2000 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Bulletproof, smooth and comfy love it
By RyanZ

2000 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

Well the truth is I was tired of fixing my Accord and my wife's Camry so I bought a Buick with 900 miles on the odometer. It now passed 110,000 miles and is problem free. I get 31mpg and 27 in town. I put a transmission in my Accord at 65,000 and couldnt stand that piece of junk anymore. I love the way Buick builds their car. I drive very hard but I take care of my car. I just bought my wife a new Lucerne.

Comfort, smooth ride, great fuel economy, safety.

Exterior is a bit bland but big deal.

Fun to drive, drag to fix
By NL

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 2000 Buick GSE for two years now. I love the supercharged 3.8, powershift and traction control, leather seats and the sleeper look. The car has plenty of power when I want it and the traction control works better than I expected in upstate ny winters. The interior is well done, my favorites are the leather seats,the monsoon stereo, and very cold a/c. I recently turned 44k miles and have replaced front brakes due to frozen caliper, rear brake rotors due to warp, there is an exhaust leak at the flex and unbelievably all the wheels are so corroded that they leak air and the shop recomends replacing all for $800-$1000. The white paint is also failing and starting to peel.

Supercharged 3.8, traction control, a/c, leather seats

Quality, quality, quality. I have owned other GMs and they all have the same lousy brake life and problems. The same exhaust failure as on my 92' Lesabre. The rims are all bad at only 44000 miles is ridiculous and the paint is peeling off on the quarter panels in both wheel wells.

Nice Car but Typical GM Quality
By TechMom

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

This car has been solid so far in engine and tranny - it's everything else that's the problem. However, to date it has needed over $4000 in extended warranty work. ABS, sunroof, fuel level sensor, climate display, front wheel bearing, tie rod, key assembly, window motors, etc. We're at 73K, and to be honest, I'm frightened of the future. When this car starts costing me too much in repairs, I'm buying a Honda, We've always bought American (GM, specifically), but have come to the realization that they (GM)still don't know how to build true "quality" products. After all this time being trounced by Honda and Toyota, you'd think they would have learned by now.

Reputable dealer and excellent service (the main reason we considered and bought a Buick!), Monsoon stereo, power seats, power when I need it.

GM needs to take a hard look at parts that consistently break in model after model, year after year - window motors, for example.

Awesome Car!
By Steve

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car as a trade-in while I was working at a Jaguar dealer with about 78,000 miles on it. From the first day I drove it I was impressed with its comfort and performance. I have had it for close to a year now and I cannot picture driving any other car. To be honest, this car feels about as close to a Jaguar as GM will probably ever get. However, the exhaust is a bit wimpy and a Pontiac Grand Prix exhaust would be perfect for the Regal. Also the headrests are very small and do not support the head whatsoever. I'm searching for Century headrests to put in so I can feel safe if I get into an accident, God forbid. The Regal is still a great car and I will always be a Buick buyer!

I love the way the seats feel, the monsoon radio is spectacular, the radio controls on the steering wheel and if I keep going on about this car I won't have enough room!! All around great car.

The steering wheel is said to be leather wrapped...but it feels very hard and plasticy, so I doubt it. Also a BIG problem is RUST forming along both rear wheel wells. I had the car taken to a body shop and I've had estimates from $300-$1,600 to fix it. After 5 years a Buick should not rust!

The best car I've ever owned
By uknowimfreaky

2000 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

I have four cars right now, and have owned many more. This Regal is a keeper. I bought it used and it has been through a lot of hard driving and virtually no maintenance. This car is the most reliable, good looking, well equipped car I have owned and it is a shame they replaced it with the LaCrosse.

Looks, stereo system, all features and warnings, ride, comforts.

The center console is too low and I cannot put my elbow on it comfortably.