Used 2000 Buick Regal GS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

2000 Buick Regal Sedan

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

2000 Buick Regal 4 Dr GS Sprchgd Sedan
By Duane Nesset

2000 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I just turned over 200,000 miles today. I bought it slightly used with 4000 miles in late 2000. It has been my commute car for years. I started using synthetic motor oil at 75,000 miles. I use Mobil 1 EP in it. Mileage on long highway drives goes over 25 MPG. It left me on the road only twice. Once with a blown water pump three years ago and more recently, something with the supercharger and I had to cut away the tangled belts and limp to a repair station with no power steering. It is still very sporty and and responsive. Suspension was replaced about 4 years ago. Very reliable over all and now will see it running towards the 300K mark.

Favorite Features

Responsiveness. Better than advertised mileage. Styling defies its age.

Suggested Improvements

Fog lights do nothing for added light. The dash lights don't light up properly now.

Third and last Buick for me
By Regally disappointed

2000 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

My 2000 GS Regal has cost me a lot of bucks. Most recently the drivers door window (power) went out and it cost me 550 dollars to have it fixed. The motor worked but the cable broke. On an earlier situation the front end drug with any dip and the result was a damaged oil pan. Little things like only partial LED digits on the radio and dashboard readout. According to the computer my mileage of 20.1 mpg in city driving is actually questionable as my computations never reached that high. I have a very light foot unless I find myself in a bind and need power to escape a challenge in traffic. No more Buicks for me. I have test drove many new models and they look good but experience rules.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride on flat ground and with minor hills.

Suggested Improvements

None - newer models probably have been addressed.

The best yet
By mrsmooth

2000 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This is the best car that I have ever owned. No problems 68000 miles. And a body that never looks outdated.

Favorite Features

Auto heat and air power seats and auto controls on the steering wheel to name a few

Fun to drive, drag to fix
By NL

2000 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 2000 Buick GSE for two years now. I love the supercharged 3.8, powershift and traction control, leather seats and the sleeper look. The car has plenty of power when I want it and the traction control works better than I expected in upstate ny winters. The interior is well done, my favorites are the leather seats,the monsoon stereo, and very cold a/c. I recently turned 44k miles and have replaced front brakes due to frozen caliper, rear brake rotors due to warp, there is an exhaust leak at the flex and unbelievably all the wheels are so corroded that they leak air and the shop recomends replacing all for $800-$1000. The white paint is also failing and starting to peel.

Favorite Features

Supercharged 3.8, traction control, a/c, leather seats

Suggested Improvements

Quality, quality, quality. I have owned other GMs and they all have the same lousy brake life and problems. The same exhaust failure as on my 92' Lesabre. The rims are all bad at only 44000 miles is ridiculous and the paint is peeling off on the quarter panels in both wheel wells.

Nice Car but Typical GM Quality
By TechMom

2000 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This car has been solid so far in engine and tranny - it's everything else that's the problem. However, to date it has needed over $4000 in extended warranty work. ABS, sunroof, fuel level sensor, climate display, front wheel bearing, tie rod, key assembly, window motors, etc. We're at 73K, and to be honest, I'm frightened of the future. When this car starts costing me too much in repairs, I'm buying a Honda, We've always bought American (GM, specifically), but have come to the realization that they (GM)still don't know how to build true "quality" products. After all this time being trounced by Honda and Toyota, you'd think they would have learned by now.

Favorite Features

Reputable dealer and excellent service (the main reason we considered and bought a Buick!), Monsoon stereo, power seats, power when I need it.

Suggested Improvements

GM needs to take a hard look at parts that consistently break in model after model, year after year - window motors, for example.