Used 2000 Buick Regal LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

2000 Buick Regal Sedan

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Most Helpful|
Decent ride, lots of repairs though
By faststrat02

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Where to begin. Pros first: -Car drives wonderfully on the highway, sometimes see 28-29 MPG. Not bad for a 3.8 -A/C is ice cold (when it decides to work) -3.8L V6 generally is a solid motor Cons: -Window regulator is out on passenger right side (common for this car). Unfortunately, I've had to put quite a bit of money into this car. Where to start: -Struts all around/upper strut mount -Replaced both valve cover gaskets, tensioner assembly -Tie rod ends replaced @ 80k -Replace Hub bearings/front axle (both sides) -City gas mileage is horrendous. I've yet to see over 20mpg. Average is 15-17. Good car for highway travel, but NOT ideal for commuting.

Favorite Features

-Smooth steering -Semi-quiet at highway speeds -Torque is plentiful -Room for 4+ persons

Suggested Improvements

-Interior build quality. Is it all GM, or did they really screw up the regal? dash rattles abound. -Bucket seats need side bolsters. Comfy like couches, but there is NO support -Front and rear cupholder placement abysmal. Again, what were they thinking? -Smaller diameter steering wheel, quite bulky.

Love this car!
By K.L.

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car is great because of its quick acceleration, good size, and most importantly, its reliablity. The only problems I've ever had are the windows - 3 of 4 of the windows have malfunctioned and would go down without rolling back up. My only other complaint is the mileage isn't great - average of city and highway driving would be about 20 mpg. But I have not had a single problem with the way it runs. I love this speedy grandma car and will miss it when it's gone!

Favorite Features

Reliability!

Suggested Improvements

Window problems (see above) MPG!

Bulletproof, smooth and comfy love it
By RyanZ

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Well the truth is I was tired of fixing my Accord and my wife's Camry so I bought a Buick with 900 miles on the odometer. It now passed 110,000 miles and is problem free. I get 31mpg and 27 in town. I put a transmission in my Accord at 65,000 and couldnt stand that piece of junk anymore. I love the way Buick builds their car. I drive very hard but I take care of my car. I just bought my wife a new Lucerne.

Favorite Features

Comfort, smooth ride, great fuel economy, safety.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior is a bit bland but big deal.

Never Buy Again!
By pss1175

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 40,000 miles on it. I bought an extended warranty and I'm glad I did. Nothing but problems. All window regulators replaced, HVAC control head, both rear wheel speed sensors. Now has an intake manifold gasket leaking and the ABS pump and EBCM has to be replaced, warranty is up so I am trading. I will never buy again.

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

Too much to list.

Regal is a great deal if well maintained
By Syd

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This is my second Buick with the push rod 3.8. Good power and decent fuel economy. Buicks always feel more substantial than most Chevys and Pontiacs. These cars are a good used buy if you can buy from a caring original owner.

Favorite Features

Solid feel. Performance. Comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior styling should have been more European instead of somewhat conservative and uninspired.