2000 Buick Regal Sedan 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2000 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

LS Sedan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Decent ride, lots of repairs though
By faststrat02 on 09/10/12 18:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Where to begin. Pros first: -Car drives wonderfully on the highway, sometimes see 28-29 MPG. Not bad for a 3.8 -A/C is ice cold (when it decides to work) -3.8L V6 generally is a solid motor Cons: -Window regulator is out on passenger right side (common for this car). Unfortunately, I've had to put quite a bit of money into this car. Where to start: -Struts all around/upper strut mount -Replaced both valve cover gaskets, tensioner assembly -Tie rod ends replaced @ 80k -Replace Hub bearings/front axle (both sides) -City gas mileage is horrendous. I've yet to see over 20mpg. Average is 15-17. Good car for highway travel, but NOT ideal for commuting.

Regal is a great deal if well maintained
By Syd on 11/23/08 03:59 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This is my second Buick with the push rod 3.8. Good power and decent fuel economy. Buicks always feel more substantial than most Chevys and Pontiacs. These cars are a good used buy if you can buy from a caring original owner.

Love this car!
By K.L. on 11/16/08 21:06 PM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car is great because of its quick acceleration, good size, and most importantly, its reliablity. The only problems I've ever had are the windows - 3 of 4 of the windows have malfunctioned and would go down without rolling back up. My only other complaint is the mileage isn't great - average of city and highway driving would be about 20 mpg. But I have not had a single problem with the way it runs. I love this speedy grandma car and will miss it when it's gone!

Never Buy Again!
By pss1175 on 03/19/08 19:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 40,000 miles on it. I bought an extended warranty and I'm glad I did. Nothing but problems. All window regulators replaced, HVAC control head, both rear wheel speed sensors. Now has an intake manifold gasket leaking and the ABS pump and EBCM has to be replaced, warranty is up so I am trading. I will never buy again.

Bulletproof, smooth and comfy love it
By RyanZ on 05/30/06 20:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Well the truth is I was tired of fixing my Accord and my wife's Camry so I bought a Buick with 900 miles on the odometer. It now passed 110,000 miles and is problem free. I get 31mpg and 27 in town. I put a transmission in my Accord at 65,000 and couldnt stand that piece of junk anymore. I love the way Buick builds their car. I drive very hard but I take care of my car. I just bought my wife a new Lucerne.

The best car I've ever owned
By uknowimfreaky on 06/19/05 10:55 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I have four cars right now, and have owned many more. This Regal is a keeper. I bought it used and it has been through a lot of hard driving and virtually no maintenance. This car is the most reliable, good looking, well equipped car I have owned and it is a shame they replaced it with the LaCrosse.

great
By pjw on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

great I love this car best one I have ever owned. I will buy one again.

disappionted
By vsal on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Too many major repairs: steering rack and air pump at 55K, rear wheel hub assembly and wiring short at 60K, dashboard light switch at 72K and transmission trouble (unresolved as yet because it will require removal and disassembly) at same time. Also, some weather stripping comes loose as does one rear door inside panel.

Drivetrain problems
By The Car man on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I am disappointed in the lack of dealer support and by the transmission problems that I have experienced. The dealer always seems to be too busy to help. The transmission is having problems at 76k miles. The interior has been plauged by poor craftmentship (the flooring has come undone multiple times). Also, the gas guage has quite working and the dealer stated that it would cost $600 to fix. This car has not been a bargin.

I'd buy another one
By SoapLover on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

If I had to do it all over again I would purchase ANOTHER Buick Regal LS without hesitation. Leather seats are comfortable. Great Climate control. Excellent Sound System. Flow of interior is smooth. This car thinks for itself. It has save me and itself a dead battery on more than one occasion when I left interior lights on. Power is fully available for 5 minutes after the ignition is turned off great feature!! Kudos to GM.