Used 2000 Buick Regal LSE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Affordable Luxury
By Best Car Ever!

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan

My Buick is 10 years old and I have never had a problem with it. I have done normal maintenance and it still looks new. The leather is in good shape, engine still powerful. I travel a lot and rent quite a few cars and my Regal is a lot more spacious and comfortable than cars much more expensive. I am a young guy, but I don't care if there is a stigma owning a Buick.... I will buy another!!

Comfort, Reliability

Cup holders are really flimsy

229,000 miles and counting
By doulos

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan

Bought the car used in 9/02 with 45,145 miles. Now it has 229,200 miles. This is a very reliable car! It never broke down or left me stranded. There is one thing that you must fix if you buy one of these cars with the 3.8L, and that is the lower intake manifold and gasket. I had mine fixed at 94,000 miles and never any problems. The only other thing I changed out was the front and rear brake rotors due to warped rotors. Do the scheduled coolant and transmission flushes and it will serve you a long time. Then just change the oil, tires and brake pads as needed. The leather interior has held up well, no rattles and there is no visible exterior rust!! Thank you Buick for a great car!

Smooth, quiet ride, 28mpg hwy. Heated seats, heated side mirrors. Seamless smooth transmission shifts. The long life 3.8L V6

None. Only wish GM had put the 3.8L in a SUV.

Dependable Car
By A McKay

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan

This car has been dependable from day one. No breakdowns in 6 years. No repairs other than maintenance. Still a solid feeling car after 6 yrs and 80K miles.

Awesome Car!
By Steve

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car as a trade-in while I was working at a Jaguar dealer with about 78,000 miles on it. From the first day I drove it I was impressed with its comfort and performance. I have had it for close to a year now and I cannot picture driving any other car. To be honest, this car feels about as close to a Jaguar as GM will probably ever get. However, the exhaust is a bit wimpy and a Pontiac Grand Prix exhaust would be perfect for the Regal. Also the headrests are very small and do not support the head whatsoever. I'm searching for Century headrests to put in so I can feel safe if I get into an accident, God forbid. The Regal is still a great car and I will always be a Buick buyer!

I love the way the seats feel, the monsoon radio is spectacular, the radio controls on the steering wheel and if I keep going on about this car I won't have enough room!! All around great car.

The steering wheel is said to be leather wrapped...but it feels very hard and plasticy, so I doubt it. Also a BIG problem is RUST forming along both rear wheel wells. I had the car taken to a body shop and I've had estimates from $300-$1,600 to fix it. After 5 years a Buick should not rust!

Love it!!
By Debi2sly4u

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan

In May of 2003, I got word that I had to retire my 1986 Park Ave. and I was devastated. It wasn't the 3600 engine that was to blame, it was frame rot that couldn't be avoided living in Chicago with our salt and harsh conditions. Bottom line... I couldn't be happier with this Regal. Our family has had Buicks for as long as I can remember and we have never met a Buick that we didn't love (never kept one less than 12 years with repairs that we consider normal wear and tear). I bought this Regal used (3000 miles left on the original warranty) because I just fell in love with it, rather than taking a new 2003 LS for the same price.

Dual climate controls, power seat, power sunroof, cd/cassette stereo system, quiet interior, mileage (25/35) and sporty design. It always looks clean (even when it isn't ha ha). I also like the radio controls on the steering wheel. The touring suspension makes it fun to drive.

Had a bit of trouble replacing one of the lightbulbs... but I chalk that up to being used to the "ancient" ways of the "80's" having had a 1985 LeSabre and a 1986 Park Ave. My passengers might enjoy a power seat, too.. but who cares what they want.. I'm driving (ha ha).