2000 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
2000 Buick Regal 4 Dr GS Sprchgd Sedan
By Duane Nesset on 11/10/09 20:53 PM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I just turned over 200,000 miles today. I bought it slightly used with 4000 miles in late 2000. It has been my commute car for years. I started using synthetic motor oil at 75,000 miles. I use Mobil 1 EP in it. Mileage on long highway drives goes over 25 MPG. It left me on the road only twice. Once with a blown water pump three years ago and more recently, something with the supercharger and I had to cut away the tangled belts and limp to a repair station with no power steering. It is still very sporty and and responsive. Suspension was replaced about 4 years ago. Very reliable over all and now will see it running towards the 300K mark.

Third and last Buick for me
By Regally disappointed on 11/19/07 15:52 PM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

My 2000 GS Regal has cost me a lot of bucks. Most recently the drivers door window (power) went out and it cost me 550 dollars to have it fixed. The motor worked but the cable broke. On an earlier situation the front end drug with any dip and the result was a damaged oil pan. Little things like only partial LED digits on the radio and dashboard readout. According to the computer my mileage of 20.1 mpg in city driving is actually questionable as my computations never reached that high. I have a very light foot unless I find myself in a bind and need power to escape a challenge in traffic. No more Buicks for me. I have test drove many new models and they look good but experience rules.

The best yet
By mrsmooth on 07/07/06 00:57 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

This is the best car that I have ever owned. No problems 68000 miles. And a body that never looks outdated.

Fun to drive, drag to fix
By NL on 10/03/05 19:06 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 2000 Buick GSE for two years now. I love the supercharged 3.8, powershift and traction control, leather seats and the sleeper look. The car has plenty of power when I want it and the traction control works better than I expected in upstate ny winters. The interior is well done, my favorites are the leather seats,the monsoon stereo, and very cold a/c. I recently turned 44k miles and have replaced front brakes due to frozen caliper, rear brake rotors due to warp, there is an exhaust leak at the flex and unbelievably all the wheels are so corroded that they leak air and the shop recomends replacing all for $800-$1000. The white paint is also failing and starting to peel.

Nice Car but Typical GM Quality
By TechMom on 09/20/05 16:44 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

This car has been solid so far in engine and tranny - it's everything else that's the problem. However, to date it has needed over $4000 in extended warranty work. ABS, sunroof, fuel level sensor, climate display, front wheel bearing, tie rod, key assembly, window motors, etc. We're at 73K, and to be honest, I'm frightened of the future. When this car starts costing me too much in repairs, I'm buying a Honda, We've always bought American (GM, specifically), but have come to the realization that they (GM)still don't know how to build true "quality" products. After all this time being trounced by Honda and Toyota, you'd think they would have learned by now.

2000 Regal GS great value
By mobill on 11/08/04 09:49 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Buick Regal GS in June 2004, with 114k miles on it, only have had to replace the supercharger belt and serpentine belt, this car has lots of power, very comfortable, and gets 35+ mpg on the highway. An awesome combination of luxury, comfort, and performance. running with Mobil 1 synthetic oil, the motor uses absolutely zero, zilch, nata oil! What a machine!

Babe Mobile
By JDFoote on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I only wish that it had an OnStar package option when I bought it. This vehicle has excellent pickup. I am 5'2" and feel totally comfortable in the seating. (can can see over the wheel and my arms still fit comfortably by my side). Compared side by side to a Lexus 350 LS, mine was the nicer looking twin.

only thing i don't like
By j w holland on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

the cut off at 125mph is a pain//i purchased the car expecting a car that would run around 140 and handle//i have since bypassed the factory limiting, added a better air filteration system and plan to keep the car till it drops

typical GM quality
By jkornblum on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

Exceleent drivetrain and fun to drive. However, be prepared for the poor build quality on the interior. The rattle in my dash board has been fixed twice and still rattles. With the drivers window half way down, you can hear a ticking against the glass. The dealers answer to this probem, "That's just a characteristic of the car. Sorry, there is nothing we can do". Spend the extra couple of thousand and by the Acura, Honda, Lexus....you get the idea. I wish I had...

2000 Regal GS
By ArthurT on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

After 3 years, still an enjoyable car to own and drive. Supercharged engine was worth the extra $ for GS model. Interior is comfortable, if a bit uninspired. Monsoon stereo is a nice extra. Overall, a solid compromise providing sportiness in a practical sedan.