2000 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Affordable Luxury
By Best Car Ever! on 03/12/10 21:00 PM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

My Buick is 10 years old and I have never had a problem with it. I have done normal maintenance and it still looks new. The leather is in good shape, engine still powerful. I travel a lot and rent quite a few cars and my Regal is a lot more spacious and comfortable than cars much more expensive. I am a young guy, but I don't care if there is a stigma owning a Buick.... I will buy another!!

229,000 miles and counting
By doulos on 02/15/10 09:20 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

Bought the car used in 9/02 with 45,145 miles. Now it has 229,200 miles. This is a very reliable car! It never broke down or left me stranded. There is one thing that you must fix if you buy one of these cars with the 3.8L, and that is the lower intake manifold and gasket. I had mine fixed at 94,000 miles and never any problems. The only other thing I changed out was the front and rear brake rotors due to warped rotors. Do the scheduled coolant and transmission flushes and it will serve you a long time. Then just change the oil, tires and brake pads as needed. The leather interior has held up well, no rattles and there is no visible exterior rust!! Thank you Buick for a great car!

Dependable Car
By A McKay on 09/01/06 07:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

This car has been dependable from day one. No breakdowns in 6 years. No repairs other than maintenance. Still a solid feeling car after 6 yrs and 80K miles.

Awesome Car!
By Steve on 08/15/05 11:17 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car as a trade-in while I was working at a Jaguar dealer with about 78,000 miles on it. From the first day I drove it I was impressed with its comfort and performance. I have had it for close to a year now and I cannot picture driving any other car. To be honest, this car feels about as close to a Jaguar as GM will probably ever get. However, the exhaust is a bit wimpy and a Pontiac Grand Prix exhaust would be perfect for the Regal. Also the headrests are very small and do not support the head whatsoever. I'm searching for Century headrests to put in so I can feel safe if I get into an accident, God forbid. The Regal is still a great car and I will always be a Buick buyer!

Love it!!
By Debi2sly4u on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

In May of 2003, I got word that I had to retire my 1986 Park Ave. and I was devastated. It wasn't the 3600 engine that was to blame, it was frame rot that couldn't be avoided living in Chicago with our salt and harsh conditions. Bottom line... I couldn't be happier with this Regal. Our family has had Buicks for as long as I can remember and we have never met a Buick that we didn't love (never kept one less than 12 years with repairs that we consider normal wear and tear). I bought this Regal used (3000 miles left on the original warranty) because I just fell in love with it, rather than taking a new 2003 LS for the same price.

Worthwhile
By Guamvet1 on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

Good ride with excellent fuel economy for engine this size. Can easily average 30MPG on Interstates.

Buick Regal LSE
By NJDevilsFan on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

Rides and handles great. No serious performance or repair problems. Only issue is that the "check engine" light seems to come on whenever I change brands of gasoline. Smmoth ride and very quiet.

Buick Regal LSE 2000 A-1
By bogeymon on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

My Regal has NEVER been back to the dealer. Plenty of Zip. Nineteen MPG in town, Twenty six MPG on Highway. I would definately lease another one, BUT the new ones look just like my 2000. Why would anybody do that. Those guys at GM are some DEEP THINKERS.

No Problems
By Joe M on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car and I'm considering keeping it when my lease expires in 4 months. It is fun to drive, comfortable, reliable and durable enough to still look good even when I have 3 kids 7 and under. I have never had a major problem and every issue I have had has been handled by Buick without question.