2000 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Decent ride, lots of repairs though
By faststrat02 on 09/10/12 18:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

Where to begin. Pros first: -Car drives wonderfully on the highway, sometimes see 28-29 MPG. Not bad for a 3.8 -A/C is ice cold (when it decides to work) -3.8L V6 generally is a solid motor Cons: -Window regulator is out on passenger right side (common for this car). Unfortunately, I've had to put quite a bit of money into this car. Where to start: -Struts all around/upper strut mount -Replaced both valve cover gaskets, tensioner assembly -Tie rod ends replaced @ 80k -Replace Hub bearings/front axle (both sides) -City gas mileage is horrendous. I've yet to see over 20mpg. Average is 15-17. Good car for highway travel, but NOT ideal for commuting.

Affordable Luxury
By Best Car Ever! on 03/12/10 21:00 PM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

My Buick is 10 years old and I have never had a problem with it. I have done normal maintenance and it still looks new. The leather is in good shape, engine still powerful. I travel a lot and rent quite a few cars and my Regal is a lot more spacious and comfortable than cars much more expensive. I am a young guy, but I don't care if there is a stigma owning a Buick.... I will buy another!!

229,000 miles and counting
By doulos on 02/15/10 09:20 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

Bought the car used in 9/02 with 45,145 miles. Now it has 229,200 miles. This is a very reliable car! It never broke down or left me stranded. There is one thing that you must fix if you buy one of these cars with the 3.8L, and that is the lower intake manifold and gasket. I had mine fixed at 94,000 miles and never any problems. The only other thing I changed out was the front and rear brake rotors due to warped rotors. Do the scheduled coolant and transmission flushes and it will serve you a long time. Then just change the oil, tires and brake pads as needed. The leather interior has held up well, no rattles and there is no visible exterior rust!! Thank you Buick for a great car!

2000 Buick Regal 4 Dr GS Sprchgd Sedan
By Duane Nesset on 11/10/09 20:53 PM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I just turned over 200,000 miles today. I bought it slightly used with 4000 miles in late 2000. It has been my commute car for years. I started using synthetic motor oil at 75,000 miles. I use Mobil 1 EP in it. Mileage on long highway drives goes over 25 MPG. It left me on the road only twice. Once with a blown water pump three years ago and more recently, something with the supercharger and I had to cut away the tangled belts and limp to a repair station with no power steering. It is still very sporty and and responsive. Suspension was replaced about 4 years ago. Very reliable over all and now will see it running towards the 300K mark.

Regal is a great deal if well maintained
By Syd on 11/23/08 03:59 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

This is my second Buick with the push rod 3.8. Good power and decent fuel economy. Buicks always feel more substantial than most Chevys and Pontiacs. These cars are a good used buy if you can buy from a caring original owner.

Love this car!
By K.L. on 11/16/08 21:06 PM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

This car is great because of its quick acceleration, good size, and most importantly, its reliablity. The only problems I've ever had are the windows - 3 of 4 of the windows have malfunctioned and would go down without rolling back up. My only other complaint is the mileage isn't great - average of city and highway driving would be about 20 mpg. But I have not had a single problem with the way it runs. I love this speedy grandma car and will miss it when it's gone!

Never Buy Again!
By pss1175 on 03/19/08 19:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 40,000 miles on it. I bought an extended warranty and I'm glad I did. Nothing but problems. All window regulators replaced, HVAC control head, both rear wheel speed sensors. Now has an intake manifold gasket leaking and the ABS pump and EBCM has to be replaced, warranty is up so I am trading. I will never buy again.

Third and last Buick for me
By Regally disappointed on 11/19/07 15:52 PM (PST)

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

My 2000 GS Regal has cost me a lot of bucks. Most recently the drivers door window (power) went out and it cost me 550 dollars to have it fixed. The motor worked but the cable broke. On an earlier situation the front end drug with any dip and the result was a damaged oil pan. Little things like only partial LED digits on the radio and dashboard readout. According to the computer my mileage of 20.1 mpg in city driving is actually questionable as my computations never reached that high. I have a very light foot unless I find myself in a bind and need power to escape a challenge in traffic. No more Buicks for me. I have test drove many new models and they look good but experience rules.

Dependable Car
By A McKay on 09/01/06 07:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

This car has been dependable from day one. No breakdowns in 6 years. No repairs other than maintenance. Still a solid feeling car after 6 yrs and 80K miles.

The best yet
By mrsmooth on 07/07/06 00:57 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

This is the best car that I have ever owned. No problems 68000 miles. And a body that never looks outdated.

1 2 3 4 5 next »