Used 2000 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Decent ride, lots of repairs though
By faststrat02

2000 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

Where to begin. Pros first: -Car drives wonderfully on the highway, sometimes see 28-29 MPG. Not bad for a 3.8 -A/C is ice cold (when it decides to work) -3.8L V6 generally is a solid motor Cons: -Window regulator is out on passenger right side (common for this car). Unfortunately, I've had to put quite a bit of money into this car. Where to start: -Struts all around/upper strut mount -Replaced both valve cover gaskets, tensioner assembly -Tie rod ends replaced @ 80k -Replace Hub bearings/front axle (both sides) -City gas mileage is horrendous. I've yet to see over 20mpg. Average is 15-17. Good car for highway travel, but NOT ideal for commuting.

-Smooth steering -Semi-quiet at highway speeds -Torque is plentiful -Room for 4+ persons

-Interior build quality. Is it all GM, or did they really screw up the regal? dash rattles abound. -Bucket seats need side bolsters. Comfy like couches, but there is NO support -Front and rear cupholder placement abysmal. Again, what were they thinking? -Smaller diameter steering wheel, quite bulky.

Affordable Luxury
By Best Car Ever!

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

My Buick is 10 years old and I have never had a problem with it. I have done normal maintenance and it still looks new. The leather is in good shape, engine still powerful. I travel a lot and rent quite a few cars and my Regal is a lot more spacious and comfortable than cars much more expensive. I am a young guy, but I don't care if there is a stigma owning a Buick.... I will buy another!!

Comfort, Reliability

Cup holders are really flimsy

229,000 miles and counting
By doulos

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

Bought the car used in 9/02 with 45,145 miles. Now it has 229,200 miles. This is a very reliable car! It never broke down or left me stranded. There is one thing that you must fix if you buy one of these cars with the 3.8L, and that is the lower intake manifold and gasket. I had mine fixed at 94,000 miles and never any problems. The only other thing I changed out was the front and rear brake rotors due to warped rotors. Do the scheduled coolant and transmission flushes and it will serve you a long time. Then just change the oil, tires and brake pads as needed. The leather interior has held up well, no rattles and there is no visible exterior rust!! Thank you Buick for a great car!

Smooth, quiet ride, 28mpg hwy. Heated seats, heated side mirrors. Seamless smooth transmission shifts. The long life 3.8L V6

None. Only wish GM had put the 3.8L in a SUV.

2000 Buick Regal 4 Dr GS Sprchgd Sedan
By Duane Nesset

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I just turned over 200,000 miles today. I bought it slightly used with 4000 miles in late 2000. It has been my commute car for years. I started using synthetic motor oil at 75,000 miles. I use Mobil 1 EP in it. Mileage on long highway drives goes over 25 MPG. It left me on the road only twice. Once with a blown water pump three years ago and more recently, something with the supercharger and I had to cut away the tangled belts and limp to a repair station with no power steering. It is still very sporty and and responsive. Suspension was replaced about 4 years ago. Very reliable over all and now will see it running towards the 300K mark.

Responsiveness. Better than advertised mileage. Styling defies its age.

Fog lights do nothing for added light. The dash lights don't light up properly now.

Regal is a great deal if well maintained
By Syd

2000 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

This is my second Buick with the push rod 3.8. Good power and decent fuel economy. Buicks always feel more substantial than most Chevys and Pontiacs. These cars are a good used buy if you can buy from a caring original owner.

Solid feel. Performance. Comfort.

Exterior styling should have been more European instead of somewhat conservative and uninspired.